Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

take off vibrations

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
52k whatever oil toyota uses
i will do that, im gonna slipsome washers in the carrier bearing tomorrow and see if the problem progresses and maybe run in a couple shims...

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
well as being the noob that i am i went and picked up a tube of LSD additive and like magic the vibes have stopped... thought lsd oil was enough but i guess ill remember that the next time.
thanks everyone for your advice

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, there you go. Some differential oils have more lsd modifier fluid in them than others. Some, like the Redline 75w-90 NS have none.

Good simple fix. Always start with the simple things first, related to the most recent thing done. :top:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
yep seemed to fix me right up its been 4 days and no vibes... hopefully they dont come back either.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Well, there you go. Some differential oils have more lsd modifier fluid in them than others. Some, like the Redline 75w-90 NS have none.

That's why smart people use Redline 75W90 GL-5 Gear oil. It requires no additional LSD additive.

"Contains additional friction modifiers for suitability with clutch-type limited slip differentials - for most LSDs, no additional friction modifiers are required" I used that oil and my LSD worked flawlessly.

http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?product=57904

If you have any questions about what Redline products you need, just use the Application Guide at the top of the Redline website.

FYI: you don't want to use that in our manual transmissions. They recomend the MT-90 75W90 GL-4 Gear Oil.
http://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?product=50304

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
thx man but the Royal purple didnt have enough additive in it. once i put in a little additive it quit

roy365

Reaction score
I just want to add that I used Mobil 1 75-90 this wknd and test drove it without any additive in it. I quickly came to the conclusion that you need to buy, and add the additive to this brand. It shudders while turning. They also make the "specified for LSD" application claim as well.

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
yea i was disappointed about spending $60 just to need the lsd additive but lesson learned and going to amsoil after i get regeared this spring

Top Bottom