Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Testing a Theory - Hatchbacks

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Here ya go. If you are doubting Wiki(i dont blame you) look at this.

WindowSticker.jpg

When i bought my stang it was built, sold and referred to as a hatchback. I was simply saying that for you to say that it isnt is incorrect. If Nissan is building a car and calling it a coupe is their prerogative. It would seem that whatever the manufacturers want to call their cars is the rule :hmmmm2:

madtrucker

Reaction score
If the rear door lifts up and opens into the cab it's hatchback. Body lines be damned. Isn't a fastback a sleeker hatchback? I'm going w/ the Wikipedia definition. Its so funny we all have an idea what a hatchback in are minds. Well I'm glad we all agree and this is all settled.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
Here ya go. If you are doubting Wiki(i dont blame you) look at this.

WindowSticker.jpg

When i bought my stang it was built, sold and referred to as a hatchback. I was simply saying that for you to say that it isnt is incorrect. If Nissan is building a car and calling it a coupe is their prerogative. It would seem that whatever the manufacturers want to call their cars is the rule :hmmmm2:

holy crap the 5.0 lx was at 24 highway back in 88? Where the fawk is the progess now with the new one!!! lol

Also i thought this style mustand was referred to as a "notchback"
CAR2.jpg

sixstringdave

Reaction score
holy crap the 5.0 lx was at 24 highway back in 88? Where the fawk is the progess now with the new one!!! lol

Also i thought this style mustand was referred to as a "notchback"
CAR2.jpg

I was a part of the Mustang community for the 9 years i had my Stang. Yes, we sometimes referred to the Coupe as a Notch. But never referred to the Hatch as anything but.

lowrunner

Reaction score
im still holding on to 240sx hatchback. its about the only car that looks better then its coupe version! :top:

Murderface

Reaction score
My 83' Toyota Celica GT was a hatchback and its pretty much the same as a Supra lift gate in looks

LOL@ 88' 5.slow was only $14K loaded

Gadget

Reaction score
Mustangs, they are everywhere.

Can't read a single thread without some Mustang elbowing its way into it.

G

Workman3886

Reaction score
Wowzers apperantly I need to visit this thread more often lol.

So would the Hyundai Veloster be a hatch then?

Top Bottom