Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tire shine/gel.. what kind?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
OK.. i am tired of my tire shine getting all over my wheels and side of the truck. I have used the aerosol silicone type tire shines for several years, but the mess they make isn't going to work anymore. Here is what i have been using for the past 2 years:

product_G13815.jpg

I know a lot of you use the wipe on type stuff with great results. I tried one a couple of months back and wasn't pleased at all... made a real gunk-ed up mess on my tires after a couple of applications. Here is the kind i tried, it may have made a mess due to the brand (cheap) ?

312738.jpg

My question is what do some of you guys/gals use. Does it leave behind a gunky like residue. Just want to switch to something that looks good and doesn't make a big mess :top:

wshsbears

Reaction score
black magic is a really cheap brand, ima go check what the stuff is called that i use and i'll update.

armorall extreme gel tire shine. it comes in a bright orange bottle and has the no-mess cap like the new ketchup bottles. works great, comes with foam applicator. hasn't sprayed on my truck at all even through drifting and burnouts and such

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
OK.. i am tired of my tire shine getting all over my wheels and side of the truck. I have used the aerosol silicone type tire shines for several years, but the mess they make isn't going to work anymore.

I know a lot of you use the wipe on type stuff with great results. I tried one a couple of months back and wasn't pleased at all... made a real gunk-ed up mess on my tires after a couple of applications. Here is the kind i tried, it may have made a mess due to the brand (cheap) ?

My question is what do some of you guys/gals use. Does it leave behind a gunky like residue. Just want to switch to something that looks good and doesn't make a big mess :top:

I don't know how soon you're looking for a response, but I've been using BlackMagic silicone spray and just decided to buy some Armor-All Extreme Tire shine gel. I'll let you know how that goes after my next wash (whenever that is, lol)

Joe_XR

Reaction score
My favorite is the the "no touch wet and protect".

Attachments

• touchwp12-yu.jpg
    touchwp12-yu.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 318

2006nightrider

Reaction score

312738.jpg

Thats EXACTLY what I use, mainly because the pad is as wide as my sidewall, only have to go around 1 time and the whole tire is coated:biggrin: ...
and about the whole gunk thing after a few applications-after about 3 or 4 times of you using this on your tires, the sidewall will have a nice thick coat of it; what I do is instead of adding more mess to the tires, I use a dirty rag and lightly brush off the gunk on the sidewalls and underneath the gunk is fresh shiny new tires, and it wont fling off. I do that about once a month to help keep the flinging of tire shine down to a minimum, and also cause I'm cheap...works fine and looks good!

Keep in mind that my guys here at the dealership, in the detail shop clean my truck about 2-3 times a week...so I probly have an abnormal amount of tire shine on the sidewalls.:dontknow:

Joe_XR

Reaction score
Turtle wax made a nice tire gel but haven't seen it in stores lately. It was in a green bottle, thats the best gel I have used.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
My favorite is the the "no touch wet and protect".

Yeah... i really like the aerosol can type. But if its the least bit windy outside, you can count on it spotting up the truck as well... not to mention the mess it makes on my driveway. :laugh:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
...forgot to mention, the other stuff I sometimes use is Meguiars Endurance gel....I just switched over to the Black Magic a few months ago, but the Endurance gel is what I used for the past 4 years...loved the stuff:top:

wshsbears

Reaction score
the reason the aeresol cans don't work very well and spray all over ur truck is b/c they're not applied on the tire, they're trusted to adhere to the sidewall and hang on for the ride.. thats not gonna happen. i've used some aeresol can shines and i'll go around after applying it and spread it around with a rag or foam applicator

Joe_XR

Reaction score
Yeah... i really like the aerosol can type. But if its the least bit windy outside, you can count on it spotting up the truck as well... not to mention the mess it makes on my driveway. :laugh:

LOL I should take a picture of my driveway, we probably use about a can per week. We got half circles spoting everywhere you look.:laugh:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I use a big spray bottle of black magic and spray it on an applicator foam pad and wipe it onto the sidewall. I am meticulous about waterspots and cleaning my truck tell its perfect and this does not get on the paint this way. I also power wash around my sidewalls weekly, let it dry, and re-apply. One bottle of black magic tire wet will last me months using the foam pad.

dermaestro

Reaction score
I really like the results I get with the Dupont Teflon tire spray. Only one I've ever tried that doesn't spin off and it doesn't stain the driveway

dxrunner4me

Reaction score
Ok I know I am gonna get a bunch of flack.....But the best stuff I have ever used, doesn't turn brown or fly up on the side and it lasts. Best of all it smells great and you wanna get it on your wheels whether painted or chrome or alloy. It is lemon pledge furn. polish. Spray on let sit and wipe off tires and wheels. Great wax look and it stays satiny looking. I have used it since my muscle car days in the 60's and 70's before the wet look.
Terry

HiTek21

Reaction score
Right now i'm using the Zaino Z16 with an eagle one tire swipe. Two coats and it shines like a car show finish. Only problem is that it's very watery and if you put too much on the tire swipe it drips all over the place.

I also use Stoners More Shine Less Time but it's in an aerosol can and it is some what difficult to apply without spraying it on the wheels. i was going to cut out a cardboard box to an 18" diameter circle to shield the wheels when applying.

FuCt

Reaction score
i use megiures hotshine in the spray bottle with an eagle1 tire swipe. Just spray the foam swipe away from the driveway or it'll stain. That DuPont Teflon is awesome too. Last along time after a few coats.

07blackxr

Reaction score
armor all extreme shine in the orange bottle with the applicator. worx nice..no annoying overspray..

Stevenredx

Reaction score
armor all extreme shine in the orange bottle with the applicator. worx nice..no annoying overspray..

Thats what i thought about trying next... does it gunk up on the tire after a couple of applications?

07blackxr

Reaction score
i'm on the second bottle and i haven't noticed any gunk up. of course i wash the tires/rim well. and it lasts for like a week

XrunDan

Reaction score
I too used to use the NO-TOUCH aerosols, but switched to the ARMOR-ALL tire foam (also aerosol). I don't care about the spotty driveway, it is only noticeable in wet weather!!

As far as the overspray, i hold the can close enough to the tire that it doesnt go too far, then wipe the rim. Let her dry for a bit and ur GOLDEN

Top Bottom