Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tire shine/gel.. what kind?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
I have a bad taste in my mouth from some armorall products (should stop licking my dashboard). I have had a few bad experiences on older vehicles with some of their products staining stuff they shouldn't. I refuse to buy anything they make now.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
we use STP Son Of A Gun. works pretty well, its in an aerosal can. we get lots of compliments from customers on the quality of the product. good stuff.

project-c2

Reaction score
we use STP Son Of A Gun. works pretty well, its in an aerosal can. we get lots of compliments from customers on the quality of the product. good stuff.
Is it STP or prestone. I got one in a yellow bottle. Spray bottle. I use it on my dash and outside plastics/rubber. Doesn't get all oily like armorall.

Shanes56

Reaction score
I just use straight Armoral leather shine wipe it on let it sit for like 20min and then do it again and it looks great and no run off, that I have noticed

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
I use MOR-SHINE (areosol) but I have to wipe the rims off afterwards but the tires look great for a week.

LEX-R

Reaction score
turtle wax tire gell its really nice rub it in really good and it will shine for weeks even through rain too no splater or overspray i luv the stuff

XDsm

Reaction score
armor all extreme shine in the orange bottle with the applicator. worx nice..no annoying overspray..

That's what I use. Works great. I tend to clean my tires once a month with a metal wire brush to remove any caked on dirt and old tire shine anyway. Makes the tires look like new.

AFP520

Reaction score
I've tried them all over the years and they all still fling.

Now I just rock the regular rubber, but I keep it clean with wheel/tire cleaner so no mud/dirt is seen. I actually like that look better than shiny.

project-c2

Reaction score
I've tried them all over the years and they all still fling.

Now I just rock the regular rubber, but I keep it clean with wheel/tire cleaner so no mud/dirt is seen. I actually like that look better than shiny.
Which cleaner, do you use? I don't really like the •XR•XR•XR•XR on the fenders either.:top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I just bought the armor all thats in the orange bottle with the foam applicator... it went on real nice with minimal slinging on the truck... Now we will just see on the next application if it gunks up or not... but so far i am pleased with it, thanks for the tips guys :top:

PLCX

Reaction score
i use the hot shine cause its easy

AFP520

Reaction score
Which cleaner, do you use? I don't really like the •XR•XR•XR•XR on the fenders either.:top:
I forget what it was called. Just some crap from Pep Boys. Blue Coral maybe? They all work the same, just don't leave them on the wheel/tire for more than a minute and you will be fine. Make sure you also wash any off immediately from any spray that gets on your paint, just to be safe.

Wayne R

Reaction score
Pinnacle Black Onyx.............

Goes on easy, not too shiny, lasts a good while, does not turn brown. Sorry about the picture......dead of Winter, cloudy/overcast.

tundra.jpg

nylesnakamasan

Reaction score
I've been using Armorall Tire shine...

The best method I've been using with tire shine is to apply it with the tire sponge, THEN wipe it with a cloth so the excess liquid comes off. Then you wont find any spots going onto your fenders :top:

Grumpy

Reaction score
I've been using Armor All Tire Foam for 3-4 years now, I'm pretty please with it.

Goes on easy, dry to semi-gloss, no sling, and its doesn't turn brown or become a dirt goop that won't rinse next time you wash the rig. The only complain is it can leave a spot on your driveway if left unclean. Just use tire applicator/sponge and you're good to go.

Hitman

Reaction score
Pinnacle Black Onyx.............

Goes on easy, not too shiny, lasts a good while, does not turn brown. Sorry about the picture......dead of Winter, cloudy/overcast.

tundra.jpg

ahhhh shiny tires :adore: im going to have to try some off that stuff :top:

Top Bottom