Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Track Daze at VIR May 31 2014

azburnin

Reaction score
I saw that on Facebook. Hog Pen should be a lot better on the exit. Hated that part. That turn will be A LOT faster. :) Can't wait.

I don't know what your talking about ;)

Heard they are also replacing the oak tree at Oak Tree.

Better not be an OaK, jk. That'd be real cool if they were able to raise another tree and it grow into a beauty like last time.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Better not be an OaK, jk. That'd be real cool if they were able to raise another tree and it grow into a beauty like last time.

Would hate if they had to change the name of the corner to "Pine Tree." :)

BondXII

Reaction score
LOL. You guys are funny. :)

I was looking at a YouTube video of the "new owners" driving around that track back in '98 before they brought it back online. The chick was adamant about KEEPING the oak tree even back then. A lot of history with that poor tree.

Edgeman

Reaction score
LOL. You guys are funny. :)

I was looking at a YouTube video of the "new owners" driving around that track back in '98 before they brought it back online. The chick was adamant about KEEPING the oak tree even back then. A lot of history with that poor tree.

You do know a storm took the original oak tree out, right?

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I do believe my set up should be done by this time...issue might be the arrival of the bun in the oven...we shall see. 2 JZ track time :)

azburnin

Reaction score
You do know a storm took the original oak tree out, right?

Yup he does, he was just saying that there is a history behind the tree and that is sad its gone.

I do believe my set up should be done by this time...issue might be the arrival of the bun in the oven...we shall see. 2 JZ track time :)

Well it better be, its been a long time coming.

BondXII

Reaction score
Yup he does, he was just saying that there is a history behind the tree and that is sad its gone.

Well it better be, its been a long time coming.

What he said. :) I knew. Just mentioning that the tree has got quite the history behind it.

Miami_X

Reaction score
Just ordered my Leafs and front and rear Sway Bars from XII!! I will definitely be good to go this May. Wooot!

BondXII

Reaction score
Just ordered my Leafs and front and rear Sway Bars from XII!! I will definitely be good to go this May. Wooot!

Yup. Dropped off the sways yesterday to ship. Hopefully it won't take for the guys to bend out you leaf springs and send them out.

BondXII

Reaction score
Thought this thread would have had a bit more hype than this. Is this still happening. Getting close to that time to make sure vacation is, hotel booked, once over in the X to make sure it is track worthy, oh...and register for TrackDaze. :)

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Thought this thread would have had a bit more hype than this. Is this still happening. Getting close to that time to make sure vacation is, hotel booked, once over in the X to make sure it is track worthy, oh...and register for TrackDaze. :)

Wanna generate more interest - tell folks you're doing track-side suspension upgrades for 20% off !!!

:laugh:

Wish I could go to this.....not sure timing will work....

Dave

Miami_X

Reaction score

I'm definitely still in. I'll do the reservations today. Is there a reasonably priced hotel in the vicinity of VIR? Any other tips for the trip? I've been watching so many YouTube vids of racing at VIR that I know the course by heart!

BTW, only 1 of the springs were delivered yesterday. I'm awaiting the second one today.

BUMP for more XRU members who want to do some hot laps on a cool road course!!

BondXII

Reaction score
Not sure about the sweet deals around town. Last time we went, we stay in one of the rooms on pit lane and got one of the garages.

I'm sure others can chime in on a good priced hotel though.

I forgot the springs are sent individually. LOL. Hopefully the other shows up soon.

Miami_X

Reaction score
Buck,

I got the other spring yesterday, NP. I'll be installing them next weekend. This weekend, I race my FIRST autocross event - not with my X, though. I;ll be running a Focus ZX3. Can't wait to install the leafs on the X-Runner so I can put her through her paces at the Feb. event.

azburnin

Reaction score
I'm definitely still in. I'll do the reservations today. Is there a reasonably priced hotel in the vicinity of VIR? Any other tips for the trip? I've been watching so many YouTube vids of racing at VIR that I know the course by heart!

BTW, only 1 of the springs were delivered yesterday. I'm awaiting the second one today.

BUMP for more XRU members who want to do some hot laps on a cool road course!!

Are you military? If so you can get a room at the Pit lane for like 45 a night, something like that. Cheaper then out in town

Top Bottom