Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trailer towing question?

rich017

Reaction score
We all get ours from e-trailer.com
R
ight at $200 shipped for the setup and a harness. I pull a 17ft flats boat with a 60hp, 30 gallons of fuel and an atv no problem

astronomyX

Reaction score
lol ..oh yeah sorry it's the 215 hp seadoo jetski, i figured they'd see it on the tow in the avatar pic. But I also tow my C-90 but it's 700 pounds and that trailer is 150 pounds too....That's a suzuki boulevard C-90 motorcycle lol : )

CBRBob

Reaction score
In that pic i see a dash of red, a few trees and a lot of asphalt LOL
Definately too far away to tell thats even an XR.

Reaction score
Which is the round tubular that hides away under the fram that you can barely see does anybody have one and part #

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Im getting a 2009 Yamaha FX SHO. 1.8L supercharged intercooled engine. I think around 220HP. I cant wait! :rockon:

It weighs 827LBS. dry. So prolly close to over 900 when ive got my gear and it filled up with fuel. I wondered what a trailer would weigh. And i wondered if my truck will even know its back there. Especially braking wise. I didnt think i would feel during ecceleration.

ShadowX

Reaction score
has this been covered.. sittin sic with a trailer hitch?? the truck already sits way lower then my old chevy, should i just leave it factory if im gonna haul stuff. and a big brake kit holy crap they're not cheap all im hauling is a 6x10 enclosed with a bike and some tools in it. is this necessary to avoid catastrophy?

ShadowX

Reaction score
my trailer has no brakes itsa 6x10 haulmark 3500 pnd motorcycle enclosed trailer .. uh oh

CBRBob

Reaction score
Same here with the trailer (2 bikes +), put brakes on it! Kits on eBay for cheap and they work! Pretty easy to install, wiring the truck it a little harder but ok. Get a good controller too.
xrtrail2.jpg

lowchef

Reaction score
My truck had a curt hitch installed when i bought it..but ive recently bought a malibu ski boat that weighs everybit of 3500 lbs with the trailer, if not more than that, which ive towed probably 5 times...its definately at the threshold of weight but fornuately the boat ramp is only a mile or two from my house.. The sketchy part is pulling that biothch out of the water up the ramp...my clutch smokes everytime...i got a feeling im gonnna need a new clutch before this summer.

Attachments

• IMG_20100903_111920.jpg
    IMG_20100903_111920.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

ShadowX

Reaction score
i got the link for the brakes im assuming the 2nd one is for the controller .. it no worky now!

widdoz runner

Reaction score
bro i did a pcs(military move) and i hauled my motorcycle( 422 lbs tlr suzuki) a 99 nissan altima on u haul dolly and about 900lbs in the cab from gear like the say its tough stopping i dont got a bbk and the weight will pull the truck around but getting started and rolling out was easy

oh and i got the x with the tow hitch ( says came from dealer with it and i know they did offer that at one point so yea)

Last edited:
Top Bottom