Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tranny problems? Yes or No

Transmission problems? Yes or No

• Total voters

BSPX

Reaction score
How many of you guys have had major tranny issues with your trucks? I have 700 miles on my 07 and the tranny grinds in 1,2 and 5th already. I am getting ready to swap the tranny fluid to redline mt-90. I have driven it like a grandpa since I got it, so its not a break-in issue.

gerk

Reaction score
How many of you guys have had major tranny issues with your trucks? I have 700 miles on my 07 and the tranny grinds in 1,2 and 5th already. I am getting ready to swap the tranny fluid to redline mt-90. I have driven it like a grandpa since I got it, so its not a break-in issue.

yo dont waste your time on the oil change. take it strait to the dealer!!! im on my 3rd tranny now.

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
I have 1200 miles on mine now and no problems at all. I would take it in asap! Let them pay for it!

Spyder327

Reaction score
My 2nd gear grinded until i put in the LSD additive, problem was immediately solved. Im running redline MT-90 now with the same awesome results. :top:

I havent grinded once in over 15k miles.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've got 15k on mine with no unusual problems. The shift feels like chit but from what I understand everyones does. No grinding here though.

BSPX

Reaction score
it seems to only grind when its a cold start and only when I release the clutch. Its not extremely noticeable yet, I am hoping by changing the fluid soon it will be ok. When it grinds on your guys' truck with problems, is it pretty loud?? Mine also feels weird on the highway in 5th gear, like a little rough, and I mean for as long as I drive in 5th

rexrunner

Reaction score
I have 900 miles on mine with NO problems, knowck on wood lol

xmoney

Reaction score
I have an 06 with 22000 miles. I have had issues with grinding since day one... I added the mt-90 a couple weeks ago before the VA meet and i havent had a problem with grinding since then. You can take it back to the dealer to have them check it out, but regardless of what you do, change that tranny fluid...

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I have about 42k with no MAJOR problems... i do have the 5th gear grind and sometimes the 2nd gear if you don't baby it. I have changed to the redline mt90 with some pretty good improvements :top:

wshsbears

Reaction score
my 06 ground in 2nd and 5th (with MT-90)

my 07 locked me out of 3rd and 4th, got a new tranny, the new one grinds 2nd sometimes and 4th from redline in 3rd (with MT-90)

just wait til it gets bad, take it in, get a new tranny, then change the oil.
u don't wanna put good oil in bad gears, get urself some new ones. the dealers love it. they get paid just as much whether its warranty or service.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
45000+ miles ,only happened a few times but realized it was "lazyleg" not totally disengaging the clutch!:top:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
No tranny issues here. :top: I have alittle over 20k on my truck.:biggrin:

X-Runnin

Reaction score
I've had grinding problems like the next guy but they went away and am about to put mt-90 to make sure it stays away.:top:

dermaestro

Reaction score
!4K and change on mine since November and it grinds a bit. Have Redline sitting on my shelf waiting for some time to put it in.

Bobby B

Reaction score
Six speeds took a little getting used to for me. The URD short shifter helps enormously! If you don't got it get it! I think there on sale right now.
:top:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Im on my second clutch and second tranny lol. Both replaced under warrenty

SupraJunky101

Reaction score
I have about 42k with no MAJOR problems... i do have the 5th gear grind and sometimes the 2nd gear if you don't baby it. I have changed to the redline mt90 with some pretty good improvements :top:

Same exact as you. I hit 20K miles the other day and instantly I started grinding 5th but if I gently engauge it or slip it in. It goes in fine.. No point going to the dealership here they'll tell me there's nothing wrong :argh:

flyinbryan

Reaction score
maybe you just dont know how to drive:eviltongue:

watch now mines going to start grinding lol

Top Bottom