Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tranny problems? Yes or No

Transmission problems? Yes or No

• Total voters

BigBuff87

Reaction score
I had 54000 miles before i had to change mine i drive my truck pretty extreme and i geuss i lucked up not having to change it sooner but my tranny got stuck in 6th gear but thx the the arkansas meet i met some very cool guys that was more than helpful and the dealership in lttle rock hooked me up with now tranny and clutch (along with a couple other things that had to be changed)!!!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Can you only get the mt-90 through summit? i havent checked my auto stores, but wouldnt autozone or pepboys or kragen carry it by chance?

Summit is probabley your best choice... i checked around everywhere and couldn't find it locally :thumpdown:

Messenger

Reaction score
Could the factory LSD on the XR be a possible cause of the transmission problems?

Messenger

Reaction score
How much do the transmission repairs cost? Is Toyota replacing the entire tranny? What's the deal?

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
How much do the transmission repairs cost? Is Toyota replacing the entire tranny? What's the deal?
I think the trans itself is around 3K, this trans is usually replaced as an assembly and the deal ? not sure, I do know that this trans does not like to be speed shifted which maybe the cause for the synchro problems

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
I had 54000 miles before i had to change mine i drive my truck pretty extreme and i geuss i lucked up not having to change it sooner but my tranny got stuck in 6th gear but thx the the arkansas meet i met some very cool guys that was more than helpful and the dealership in lttle rock hooked me up with now tranny and clutch (along with a couple other things that had to be changed)!!!
That sure did suck, we were driving down the freeway and BigBuffs trans got stuck in 6th gear so at the time we headed for ArkansasX's house and I never seen anybody smoke a clutch like that because he was going up and down some hills to get there, it looked like his X was catching on fire (smoke rolling from underneath his truck), glad we could get you all fixed up.

ddongbap

Reaction score
Okay, check it out. I was trying to reverse into a parking spot. I lined my self up for a reverse run, but the shifter wouldn't go in to reverse! Its like the gates would open, but the gears wouldn't let me in. I couldn't figure it out. I was sitting there, putting the shifter through all the gears, once, twice, one at a time, all at once, high gear to low gear, low gear to high gear. No good. I turned off my engine and turned it back on. No good. I turned off the engine, put the gear in reverse, then started it again. After that, I couldn't mimic the problem, untill today. I sort of figured out what was wrong. The ususal way I put in the gear, would get the shifter caught towards the left side, right after the gate. If I lean the shifter to the left, get it inthe gate, and then center the shifter in the reverse portion of the H, it eases in. Whats the deal?!

Xample

Reaction score
05 with 9700 miles and never had a problem.i did swap all my fluids for redline products at 1500 miles. if you do not fully depress the clutch it will grind. my dad did it to mine...whoops. any one running the c2c clutch yet?? how is it streetable wise??

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Spyder has the C2C clutch but I'm not sure if he has installed it yet.

Xample

Reaction score
yea man let me know when you get that in im curious as well. id luv 2 find a lightned flywheel as well. it sux that the aftermarket bandwagon hasn't followed us as we all hoped it would have when we bought these. oh well looks like ill have to go custom again.:rock:

uh60rotorhead

Reaction score
Zero problems so far.... knock on wood. although I've noticed the clutch is going already. Maybe I just can't drive.

jcool2040

Reaction score
Mine a 06 i get locked out of 5th from time to time. but of corse when i take it to the shop its works just fine. they sayed something about shifter bushings.. im not a macanic so.... i just going to take it back if it gets any worse.

illmeg4fun

Reaction score
O6 with about 18000 miles and no unusual tranny problems. I have had to replace the serp belt once already though. and i drove from NC to San antonio, Tx with the frayed piece clicking before i realized what it was. the guy at the dealership was blown away when it hadnt shredded yet. haha. But the warranty is a great thing:top:

utixrunner

Reaction score
well I think I might have the infamous "squeak" for those who have had did it do it just every now and then?

project-c2

Reaction score
Maybe your clutch is not fully releasing, therefore causing the grind?

utixrunner

Reaction score
Im not sure, It only does it every now and then, one or twice a week, but its not a normal sound for sure:dontknow: just wondering if thats how it started for others

Top Bottom