Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD SC vs URD SC vs Powerfab TC

Reaction score
Mine ran out of rpms and was just climbing straight up haha. It looks like the turbo line gets to a point and says f this and kinda flat lines what's that about?

When you have a centrifugal based blower the higher you spin the RPM's the more pressure you will make. This is demonstrated by your boost curve being a constant flat progressing line. So your power will keep climbing with the boost which hides some aspects of your engine such as the natural curve of the cam profile.

With the turbo system the boost is not a constant progressive pressure, it's all in and linear pressure from 3200rpm or so, this constant fixed pressure value allows the natural shape of the cars power curve (albiet enhanced by pressure from the turbo) to show.

So you see your engine make higher peak power with a more straight line growth to the curve due to the fact your pressure is always being increased so the curve is distorted into more of a straight line. Your power would keep climbing with RPM until you reached a point of A: the motor exploded, B: the head unit of the centrifugal was so overspun it was out of efficiency range, C: the belt could no longer maintain the friction between pulley and belt and loses traction.

Then again, i'm sure if we were at 14-15psi at redline this whole conversation would be mute as the curves would be no where near eachother anywhere above 2500rpm.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
If only it wasn't Alex's daily, Push it to 15lbs bro! lol. Just kidding, I don't want that engine karma on me. When I come to install the kit though, I'll push it to 12lbs on my stock motor.

butters607

Reaction score
Need moar injector! If I had big enough injectors I would push it to 500 hp on the dyno

Last edited:

easts1d3

Reaction score
Holy !

I'm not familiar with your build but do you have a built motor?

500hp on stock internals seems ludicrous

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
He has stock internals.

Need moar injector! If I had big enough injectors I would push it to 500 hp on the dyno

Don't you have 668's? Those are capable of near 600 crank hp. Unless for some reason you datalogs show that you are at a high duty
cycle?

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
668cc won't get you anywhere near 600... I have a little wiggle room with my current tune on 668s

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the technical sizing sheet on www.rceng.com It will get you near there. Especially if you have a 1:1 raising FPR. I used 61.5 fuel pressure. Under the assumption that it requites 18 psi to make 600 bhp.

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
Do the technical sizing sheet on www.rceng.com It will get you near there. Especially if you have a 1:1 raising FPR. I used 61.5 fuel pressure. Under the assumption that it requites 18 psi to make 600 bhp.

Nope wouldn't trust it no way think about it the 7th has to kick on sometimes would you do it to your own? I woupdnt trust the fuel to be evenly distributed to each cylinder from that

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I am just saying that they can. But even then they would be effectively maxed out anyway. They will easily supply up to 500 whp. With wiggle room. If going to 600 or higher, you might as well upgrade to Injector Dynamics ID1000's. PowerFab Automotive sells those too.

X-roller

Reaction score
If you bump the fuel pressure up then maybe but I thought you were talking about just standard 43.5 but at that point they aren't 668ccs anymore

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
He was referring to their increased effective size. Regardless they are still 600 something at the industry standard of 43.5psi.

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
i wish i was boosted... making me jealous :adore:haha. also quick question, is the URD supercharger a twin screw?

trdtoy

Reaction score
At 4900-5000rpm both URD kit and turbo at same psi with turbo on top by 20-30+ whp and wtq. Also turbo is on top through 1/2 to 2/3 the rpm range. Yep I am sold.....just need a taco now myself.....

Bang Bang

Reaction score
would the 2.7 pulley be too much for 7th injector and 425s?

darthyota

Reaction score
ive been running a 2.7 pulley for over a year with just thr trd reflash

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget to add what your elevation is Darth.

Top Bottom