Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD supercharger best price?

Gadget

Reaction score
No, I would not say the BS is flying. It is true that $3700 is near their cost for the supercharger. Most of the online TRD discount places are selling very close to cost. There is some kind of rebate they get later in the year on them kind of like selling the cars and the hold back program.

That dealer probably just does not want to mess with the supercharger and the possible comebacks to fix little things that aren't perfect with the installation. It will likely take them much longer to install it than book time and that will keep them from doing other work that might be more profitable.

The superchargers and TRD parts are a good deal for the dealers if they sell at or close to MSRP and get paid to install it. If they are just selling them or just installing them there is not much money in it unless they are doing a nice volume which very few dealers are.

That dealer was in a nice way telling you that they really don't want to be bothered with it, but if they come right out and say it they can get some heat over it, so you get the PC BS answer so you will go somewhere else.

Then there is also the stupid factor where a lot of folks at the dealer just do not understand the aftermarket TRD products and choose to remain stupid about it. Like anything if they work it right they can make money at it, but that would take effort. If they had a very good aftermarket manager there it would be a whole different response to you.

Gadget

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
them:
it would just complicate things, we cant do it unless you buy it here, then we can Warranty the parts

me:
thanks for nothing
*click*

NOW....

id the BS flag flying for anyone but me? Ive never heard of someone saying they cant warranty parts that are toyota parts?? thats like saying we cant service your truck you didn't buy it here...?

Im kinda mad about this, they are the only dealership within 100 miles of me
Gene Reed Toyota Scion of North Charleston...

Interesting, I've sold 22 of the TRD Superchargers all over the country, no one has ever had this issue before. I would suggest a call to Toyota, bet they will change their current policy... :top::top:

RedXr

Reaction score
Ya, they have to stand by a warranty if it is an "unopened box".

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
Interesting, I've sold 22 of the TRD Superchargers all over the country, no one has ever had this issue before. I would suggest a call to Toyota, bet they will change their current policy... :top::top:

thats what i was thinking...but I cant say I could trust them now...they already said they didnt want to so how am I supposed to think they would do a good job now?

I could call and raise some cane though...

I just felt pushed over, I was expecting better, typing it out doesnt show the attitude in her vioce.

Vege-Taco

Reaction score
I bought my SC kit from TRDparts4U on eBay. My local dealership did the install and didn't have any problem with me bringing in the TRD parts I had purchased elsewhere. Just find yourself a different dealer. I dislocated my shoulder a couple of months ago and still can't get my left arm in and around things very well, so I had the dealer install all of the following items for me without any complaints:

TRD Exhaust
TRD CAI
TRD Supercharger
TRD Skid Plate
TRD QuickShifter
TRD Nerf Bars

I bought all the parts online for better prices without tax. :biggrin:

I was really suprised that they didn't complain about installing the supercharger along with the CAI. Nobody mentioned a word about it. They just did the install and told me to mail in the warranty card.

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
Well, called the dealer odwntown and they were cool as hell!

Told hom how the other dealership treated me and told him whatiwas looking for...

"can you install one if I bring it to you?"

(no delay) "Sure!, let me call you back, ill look up the installed price"

Called me back 30 minutes later, $650 out the door, and some of the techs there have done it before

Looks like im golden, sounds good enough to me...guess it will have to, only choice i have

Spyder327

Reaction score
Yea you can find dealers that don't have any problems doing this for you:top:

..some just don't like to bother with it when they don't make the money off selling you the parts as well.

x-short-r

Reaction score
So I finally had the time to call around for installation price. I called dealer A and they quoted me 790. Called dealer B, where I got the X from and they quoted me 710. I just wanted to make sure and called A back again. This time some other service guy picked up. After talking to his tech guy, he quoted me 570 installed including reflash! I was happy to take down his name and set an appointment for Friday. Can't wait.

AnthonyF

Banned
Reaction score
I just called the dealer, and I can get it for 3300+300 for fit kit. I am gonna see if I can talk him down a lil bit. Oh yea, I work at a shop. :)

-Ant.

Well, called the dealer odwntown and they were cool as hell!

Told hom how the other dealership treated me and told him whatiwas looking for...

"can you install one if I bring it to you?"

(no delay) "Sure!, let me call you back, ill look up the installed price"

Called me back 30 minutes later, $650 out the door, and some of the techs there have done it before

Looks like im golden, sounds good enough to me...guess it will have to, only choice i have

If u were in GA, i'd do it for less. :top:

-Ant.

Last edited:
Top Bottom