Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Truck got keyed... need some help

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had a social exam and came out to find someone keyed the X. I single park in the very back but I guess some kids are just asses. It isn't very deep but what do you guys recommend? Mother's paint ball? Buffer thing? I have a Zymol wax kit but it is pretty hard to rub enough to get the scratches out. Thanks in advanced.

Here are some pics

100_0510.jpg

100_0508.jpg

BlackCat

Reaction score
Kinda hard to tell in the photos but I'm not so sure you got keyed. Looks like someone was carrying something and walked too close to your truck and brushed up against it. If it truly got keyed, it would at least go through the clear.

As for fixes, you can try Scratch-X (available at Wallyworld or Autozone) with a rotary or D/A buffer. If you don't have one, you can do it by hand but be prepared for some tennis elbow. Anything more extreme than that may warrant a trip to a good detail shop.

G10307_ScratchX2_0.jpg

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
thats not that bad at all, you can just buff it out if your not comfortable doing it take it to your local detail shop and they can fix you right up

Slay0r

Reaction score
dont use wax, use a rubbing compound.

i think its actually safe to say,....that'll buff right out :top:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I'll grab some of the that meguires paint scratch stuff. I tried to buff it out with just regular wax and it didn't really work. It turned the scratch from white to clear. Its not that noticeable now but I still like having a nice scratch free RR paint job. It feels pretty deep and if your run your finger across it you can feel it. I'll look into a buffer. I'm starting to get some swirls in the paint anyways.... Thanks for the help.

Slay0r

Reaction score
u dont buff out scratches with wax, u buff it out with an abrasive compound. but use any rubbing compound.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I will get some of that Meguires stuff tomorrow. Thanks for all of the advice.

X-Pablo

Reaction score
3M scratch remover works good. I found it worked better than Mequires scratch X, some ass did something similar to my truck when I was parked in a hotel parking lot in Seattle.

spiderman

Reaction score
hell someone carved die in mine ,come to find out it was my stepdaughter that was mad with me

KETCHUP

Reaction score
this man speaks the truth.

Kinda hard to tell in the photos but I'm not so sure you got keyed. Looks like someone was carrying something and walked too close to your truck and brushed up against it. If it truly got keyed, it would at least go through the clear.

As for fixes, you can try Scratch-X (available at Wallyworld or Autozone) with a rotary or D/A buffer. If you don't have one, you can do it by hand but be prepared for some tennis elbow. Anything more extreme than that may warrant a trip to a good detail shop.

Jwall

Reaction score
...sigh... thats sad regaurdless keyed or scratched. Stupid ****in people. Average people are just so damn careless and in a rush. Sorry to hear that bro.

Its one of my biggest fears, getting key'd, someones door flying open (parking to close), bad drivers...

hope it gets buffed out bro

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
It's definitely through the clear. Its pretty much to the metal in some places. I'm pretty sure it was keyed. The pattern and the location and height is exactly where some ass would key it. Also no body walks remotely near where I park... I mean its in the very back and not near a walking path. It was a test day so the parking lot was pretty much empty and no supervisors. I'll try and find some 3m or Meguires tomorrow. Thanks for all of the help.

R1 Chris

Reaction score
sorry to hear that brother my truck is in the body shop right now because of that same thing. their are so real ass holes out their

Top Bottom