Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Truck got keyed... need some help

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Sorry for the bad pictures but it was hard because the flash screwed everything up. I'll get it fixed anyways. If the scratch remover doesn't work I might just take it to a body shop and get them to buff out the whole truck and get rid of all the swirls.... and maybe repaint the fender flares on the back too.
Do our truck actually attract that much attention... it seems like lots of people on here get their X's vandalized. :thumpdown:

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
I know in the States it may be a different story, but up here Wilson, I dunno what to tell you. Seems someone had it against you. Attacking someones vehicle is a very cowardly thing to do in my opinion. I haven't had any issues with people vandalizing my truck, and we live in the same area (kinda).

Just make sure you look into it if was actually a key. Look for metal on metal, scrapings, etc. But yeh, follow what the guys say, and look out for idiots at school. Sorry that it happened to you dude

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I know in the States it may be a different story, but up here Wilson, I dunno what to tell you. Seems someone had it against you. Attacking someones vehicle is a very cowardly thing to do in my opinion. I haven't had any issues with people vandalizing my truck, and we live in the same area (kinda).

Just make sure you look into it if was actually a key. Look for metal on metal, scrapings, etc. But yeh, follow what the guys say, and look out for idiots at school. Sorry that it happened to you dude

I don't know whats going on. I go to a crappy school. I have had sodas dumped on it and bananas smeared into the X but a key is a first. I never even talk about my vehicle or brag about anything... I'm not really a guy that gets in anyones way or gossip. I guess its because the school I go to is poor and the only other nice car in the parking lot is a RX8.... which got keyed and it's a girls car. Kids at my school are just idiots... oh well I get good marks so I'll be out of there and into university soon. :dontknow:

darthyota

Reaction score
I don't know whats going on. I go to a crappy school. I have had sodas dumped on it and bananas smeared into the X but a key is a first. I never even talk about my vehicle or brag about anything... I'm not really a guy that gets in anyones way or gossip. I guess its because the school I go to is poor and the only other nice car in the parking lot is a RX8.... which got keyed and it's a girls car. Kids at my school are just idiots... oh well I get good marks so I'll be out of there and into university soon. :dontknow:
what school?

fmap4life

Reaction score
Jealousy is how I see it, if someone does that they are lusting for something that they cannot have so it makes them upset

Murderface

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this bro and I feel ur pain. My last car got keyed and whoever did it had a steady hand and I was able to cover it with a pinstripe. Then it got keyed again on the same side so I was able to cover that with another pinstripe. When I was done the pinstripe looked like a mini 57 chevy bel air with how those had the chrome with the big fin looking thing. My pinstripe wasn't nearly that big maybe 3" where the 2 pin stripes separated at the back of the car. Really didn't look that bad but I just hate pinstripes but not as much as over 1k in damage:thumpdown:

autobodyX

Reaction score
It sucks that sum punk ass has nothing better to do than mess with your truck! In my opinion the best way to make a scratch or scrape look better is to first clean it with alcohol, this will clean the groove in the surface and also show you exactly where it brake into the color coat. Touch up the deaper places with paint then the shallow places with some thinned down clear, multiple thin coats work better than loading it on. do all this 24 hrs. before trying to buff it out.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Thanks for all of the advice guys. From what I have learned from installing the stereo and painting the x brace is to be patient and take lots of time. I'll do some research and look it up and get all the right parts (buffer wheel, detailer etc). No half assed jobs on the X. I will do my best to clean it up. I will update you guys on the progress. Thanks again.

SooRunner

Reaction score
That doesn't looked like it got keyed...if it is then you got lucky cuz it is not that deep. I've seen some where it shows white underneath. Maybe they didn't use a sharp edged key?

My little niece and nephew was climbing up and down from the side of my bed. I didn't really think of anything but they are having lots of fun. When I washed my truck the next day...I see all this zipper scratch mark that runs up and down on the side of my truck. FML! :motz:

Good thing my truck is no show stopper! LOL! It's a daily driver with my niece and nephews signature on the side of my bed.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
That doesn't looked like it got keyed...if it is then you got lucky cuz it is not that deep. I've seen some where it shows white underneath. Maybe they didn't use a sharp edged key?

My little niece and nephew was climbing up and down from the side of my bed. I didn't really think of anything but they are having lots of fun. When I washed my truck the next day...I see all this zipper scratch mark that runs up and down on the side of my truck. FML! :motz:

Good thing my truck is no show stopper! LOL! It's a daily driver with my niece and nephews signature on the side of my bed.

When my dog was a puppy he jumped up on it and left a few scratchs then. I'll get all the right tools and get all the scratchs fixed.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
So just an update. I bought some Meguire's X 2.0 scratch remover like the one recommended. There is no more white and bare metal showing now. Its all RR but you can still see and feel the "divot" of where the key was. I honestly but my heart and soul into fixing up that scratch today... well more like my arm and should but I am somewhat satisfied with the results. Its not to noticeable now.

Will I ever be able to rub out the "divot" and make the surface smooth looking again?

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
PS - Go to a new school.

<3 haha jus' saying.

Reaction score
hell someone carved die in mine ,come to find out it was my stepdaughter that was mad with me

Dear God. So help my child (when I have one) if they do this. Naturally I'd never beat my children because child abuse is wrong. However, I would make his/her life a living hell starting by personally dropping her off to her first class and making sure she is not one minute late. Should they be of age, I'd make sure to send them my bill for which their summer job would pay for.

On a similar note, if the scratch is slightly deeper than this and roughly 6 inches long, would the same remedies apply?

burnboy

Reaction score
i cant wait to have kids just so i can beat em. just sayin. how the hell did we become the society we are? atleast in america? we stopped spanking our kids. and look at our society. :thumbdown:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I know child abuse is wrong but they have to learn respect with out fear. They have to understand wright from wrong and they are consequences to making the wrong choices. You can't beat them up but a little slap on the behind resets them.

Reaction score
Oh I will hit my kids but not to the extent of physical harm but dammit they'll know what they did was wrong.

mrtbone99

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that, same thing happened to me a while back at school. it was about 2 feet long and all the way through the paint. some people just can't see something nice without acting stupid

FN5.7

Reaction score
my truck got keyed 2 weeks after i got it. down to the metal. i had to magic marker it. body shop says 800 to fix it. it totally sucks balls.

Top Bottom