Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TT4Ever Build Thread

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
This is how the truck stands as of today

(Most Current Pic) Summer Time

Winter Time

DSC00303_zpsae190738.jpg

DSC00276_zpsb1178385.jpg

DSC00275_zpse06af99d.jpg

MODS

Engine:
TRD Supercharger
AFE Cold Air Intake Stage 2 SI
TRD Exhaust
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
URD Y-Pipe
Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator
URD 2.7 Pulley
Aeromotive Stealth Fuel Pump
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR Mod)
URD 170*F Thermostat

Exterior:
Retrofit Halo Headlights
Billet Grill
Toyota Devil Horns

17" American Racing Dagger Rims
URD Rear Window Decal
Tonneau Cover (Backflip G2)
High Power Reverse Lights

Interior
Alpine INA-W910 Head Unit
2 10" JL Audio 10W1v2 Subs
Steath Box
AFR Gauge AEM
Command Start (CompuStar)
LED's Map & Dome
Various Carbon Fiber Wrapped Pieces

Current Exhaust Set-up Video

Current Acceleration Videos!! (These were with the 2.8 pulley)

2WD Rolling Start 5-100
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNiKKklkGM[/ame]​

4WD (True Pull) 0-100
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dStbu2Bn2w[/ame]

Well I suppose il start off with what ive got for now for mods but first lets start from day one !

I bought the truck brand new off the lot at my local dealership back in 2010 and so this is my very first vehicle I can call my own. (this is the only good picture i have for it being completely stock)

75645_455408870825_3238431_n1_zps463bad06.jpg

The picture was literally the first day i got to pickup my truck at the dealership! haha

So exaclty one week later i got the command start which is a very nice plus to have with these cold winters we have here. Soon after that I got myself a tonneau cover, this came in handy for the many roadtrips I take during the year for when bad weather hits i dont have to grab a tarp and wrap everything inside! lol

Fast forward about 3-4 months later i heard that toyota offers a S/C for our trucks! I was pretty much sold on that since i thought the stock motor was lacking a bit of HP. Back then i never heard of URD or else i would have went with URD but i dont regret having this S/C as well.

DSC00227_zpsc4ee4fcc.jpg

I know my engine bay isn't as pretty as others but its hard to keep clean (the intake and exhaust came 6 months after haha)

After getting the supercharger i wanted to get some new rims so i went to my local Kal-Tire to go get some and i believe they look nice. (Dunno why but reading quite alot of builds people dont seem to like chrome? lol)

Wasn't soon enough i ordered a new pair of headlights as well (got these off ebay & my first pair of HID's)

IMG_0096_zps8ef62d03.jpg

Few more months went by and i decided to upgrade to a touchscreen deck and i went with an alpine deck. At the same time upgrading to a couple of 10" subs from JL audio. JL audio made a very nice stealth box to fit behind my rear seats withough sacraficing to much room, i thought it was the perfect bang for your buck!

DSC00220_zps0ef202b5.jpg

DSC00222_zpsdc961b7b.jpg

As well I have an 800W amp just powering the subs, I left the stock speakers in and still get a pretty good sound!

DSC00221_zps82d8ed93.jpg

So thats where my truck stood for the longest time until i ran accross TacomaWorld, asked a few questions and became hooked to see where this build will go. Soon after running into that site i got asked to check out XRU and became hooked here as well !

Thats when the mod bug really took affect and i ordered a bunch of more goodies for the truck! (fuel pump, headers, y-pipe, smaller pulley, better HIDs, grill and new retrofit headlights)

I finally was able to install the headers, y-pipe and my AFR guage just little while ago and gotta say first impressions was that since the TRD exhaust was more tame the y-pipe and headers made the exhaust TWICE as loud. I loved the deep purr at idle and even a WOT, the one thing i need to complete the exhaust is a RESONATOR since ive got the insane rasp!

DSC00234_zpsea83a80c.jpg

DSC00233_zps3cf6b017.jpg

Out with the old and in with the new!

IMG_0197_zps58d60989.jpg

IMG_0190_zpsb62bb14d.jpg

Pics when there installed

DSC00230_zps181de852.jpg

DSC00228_zps22d37a4f.jpg

Now for hooking up the O2 sensors ive got mine right in the collector for the engine can read from all 6 cylinders and have the middle bank plugged off (its a little hard to see in the pic)

DSC00229_zps769f0ff8.jpg

As for the AEM AFR Gauge I needed an extra bung welded to the Y-Pipe, had the bung welded in the collector as well for i can see what all 6 cylinders are doing

DSC00225_zps69f52b4b.jpg

DSC00224_zps36af80d9.jpg

Now this was just when i turned the engine on for i can show you the gauge and my set-up (looks like what everyone else is doing LOL)

DSC00219_zpse37a9b8d.jpg

For now this is all ive got but there will be ALOT more coming, i figured i would get a head start on this before everything gets installed

To Be Installed
-Stealth Aeromotive Fuel Pump / FPR Mod?
-URD 2.8 Pulley
-Retrofit Headlights With Eyelids
-Billet Grill
-Interior Lighting

*NOTE*
Im only going to update the latest picture and mod list, to find out what happened go through the build :top:

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I like it so far man, sometimes I wish I would have gotten the bigger Tacoma. Only thing I would change is those wheels, but so far so good.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
So just a few more pics of the truck

Back in the day of the older pics of what the truck used to look like

DSC00242_zpsc7f9ac6b.jpg

DSC00187_zpse4c13e15.jpg

DSC00188_zpsd82817af.jpg

As well the Avenged Sevenfold decal got replaced by a URD decal

DSC00235_zps94c340cb.jpg

I found a Stock truck and figured it take a quick picture on the different headlights comparison lol

IMG_0100_zps3982456a.jpg

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Subtle changes make drastic differences. :top:

Bring on the boost mods!!!!!!

Also, good job with the AFR wideband location, as well as putting the factory WRAF sensors in the merge collectors of the headers. Been doing your homework. :top:

Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
I like it so far man, sometimes I wish I would have gotten the bigger Tacoma. Only thing I would change is those wheels, but so far so good.
Thanks, i think the wheels are fine for now, if i run into anythin that can make it look better down the road mayyybe lol

Subtle changes make drastic differences. :top:

Bring on the boost mods!!!!!!

Also, good job with the AFR wideband location, as well as putting the factory WRAF sensors in the merge collectors of the headers. Been doing your homework. :top:
Cant wait to get to the smaller pulley! to bad i cant get at WOT much since its all wintery up here at the moment lol I've defenitly read up on making sure things got done right the first time :smile:

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
What trans do u have since our forum is temporarily screwed up? Either way ur gonna need to either upgrade the clutch or valve body so keep a look out for that.

Yup you'll get a lot of hate for the wheels here, personally I can't stand chrome wheels......just looks too "homie" for me but who cares what we think right?

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
What trans do u have since our forum is temporarily screwed up? Either way ur gonna need to either upgrade the clutch or valve body so keep a look out for that.

Yup you'll get a lot of hate for the wheels here, personally I can't stand chrome wheels......just looks too "homie" for me but who cares what we think right?

5 Speed Auto, I dunno where to get valve body done out here though? I'd have to look around to see who can do it, that would be a nice upgrade to have as well.

To "homie" haha nice way of explaining your view, you guys are free to say what you wish, I'm not to worried really

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
IPT is the place to have the valve body upgraded. :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

Chrome belongs on Harley's and welfare-check, Obama-phone wielding, late 80's GM shit box with a $3k paint job... But like John said, who cares what we think, right??? :laugh:

Other then the rims, build looks like its coming along good. :top:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Did u ever put in that regulator?

No, it's still sitting I'm it's box all pretty. Going to install the fuel pump whenever time can let me. Watching AFR's the truck is at 10.3 at WOT, just wonder if it would get any richer with the added flow of the pump or it will stay the same lol

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Nice build dude. How are you liking the G2 cover?

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Nice build dude. How are you liking the G2 cover?

Thanks, the cover has been working excellent for the 2 years I've had it, no leaks and looks pretty stealthy (not poped up like a few others). Folds up four times if there's anything bigger you want to put in the box.

The only downfall about it when I installed the cover the bars or rails that the cover falls on is mounted in the original rails in the box. With that said you can't slide the pillars that came with your truck to tie anything down, you would have to use the D-rings on the floor of the box instead. I normally don't put anything bigger then my mountain bike so it's no bid deal for me.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
No, it's still sitting I'm it's box all pretty. Going to install the fuel pump whenever time can let me. Watching AFR's the truck is at 10.3 at WOT, just wonder if it would get any richer with the added flow of the pump or it will stay the same lol

It will stay the same with the new pump. So not to worry.

Top Bottom