Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo build!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
.....our transmissions run over 2 grand...used!?!?!??!

why the fawk is this now coming to light to me...

Can you list all of the torque specs that he will be encountering? I cannot remember them all.

Tunedx

Reaction score
Could it be that the aluminum shift forks are bending slightly and thus making it where the syncros don't line up? Seems like a good possibility to me.

Rennurx, don't know if you have anyone lined up, but here is a start. www.rsgear.com

It would be a miracle if we could upgrade our trannies in any way. This would be hands down the top selling mod for us and Cadilac boyz running ay6 garbage. I don't understand why someone hasn't jumped on this.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
>>Flywheel bolts, 61lbft. torque in star pattern. (like lug nuts) blue loctite is not required, but i like to throw some on there for good measure...

>> Pressure plate to flywheel, 14lbft. same thing, star pattern, and little by little. make sure it is pressed on evenly. check clutch alignment too.

>> Trans to motor bolts 17mm head= 53lbft
14mm head= 34lbft

>> 65lbft for the drive-shaft to pinion. PUT RED LOCTITE ON THEM!!!!! trust me....

if you need anything else, HMU on PM, i usually check here often through out the day.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome sdx. Thank you sir. :top:

rennurx

Reaction score
>>Flywheel bolts, 61lbft. torque in star pattern. (like lug nuts) blue loctite is not required, but i like to throw some on there for good measure...

>> Pressure plate to flywheel, 14lbft. same thing, star pattern, and little by little. make sure it is pressed on evenly. check clutch alignment too.

14mm head= 34lbft

>> 65lbft for the drive-shaft to pinion. PUT RED LOCTITE ON THEM!!!!! trust me....

if you need anything else, HMU on PM, i usually check here often through out the day.

Thank you! Making my life easier! Finally Friday, everything goes on the truck tomorrow! Hopefully not to much longer and I'll have my last needed piece to be turbo! :biggrin:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Where do you live rennurx? I was just thinking, that if you wanted, you could send some header gaskets, the ones between the head to header, off to Dezod, and they could make you some flanges. If not, full headers. :D

rennurx

Reaction score
I live in pottstown pa, I have a shop that will make them for me, I just have to save up the money now because my trans was way more then I thought it was gonna be, so I had to use my header money for it..

rexrunner

Reaction score
Jba.will sell you flanges. I think I paid like $50 for 2 and there 3/8"

rennurx

Reaction score
Last piece of the puzzle for tomorrow :)

ForumRunner_20121012_160727.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
Guess u didn't see my link on how the OEM Toyota oil filter has over twice the media filter then ANYTHING on the market even the RP, Mobil 1 and K&N filters and is half the price as them. Save urself the cash and get OEM

Do u ever come near Philly?

rennurx

Reaction score
Only when I want a cheese steak lol, but as for the filter idk I always used royal purple I'm a creature of habit..

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya I use to always use RP also till I saw the video that was in my link. U pay well over $10 for a filter that has 1/2 the media filter as a OEM Toyota for $6

Where I am in NJ makes better cheesesteaks then Philly anyways

rennurx

Reaction score
Didn't realize so much fluid was needed for the dif! Guess I'm going to get three more quarts..

ForumRunner_20121013_095430.jpg

ForumRunner_20121013_095423.jpg

STONER-X

Reaction score

14mm head= 34lbft

i used my arm :smile: it hasn't failed yet.50,000 miles later.. :smile::smile: (knock-knock)

rennurx

Reaction score
13 hours later and everything is in! Started up, test drove.. everything seems good to go! Can't tell if its faster because its faster or if I'm just used to my slow ass dodge stealth lol..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha. Well take it easy for the first 500 miles, so you get the clutch all broken in nicely.

How do you like the feel of the lightweight flywheel?

rennurx

Reaction score
I know its so hard not ripping on it, but its been so long since I drove it, its like learning to drive all over again.. but the tune from the ucon is a little off, needs to be dialed in a bit. Oh and the trans I just had rebuild is kicking out of third gear, so that's going back to the shop.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
If the shifter is properly installed, then yeah. That is a little bit of an issue with third.

rennurx

Reaction score
So you don't think its the trans? It'll go in then like pop out ..

Top Bottom