Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo kit # 3. Final design.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Now this! Is what I have been waiting for.

Celiblue

Reaction score
What's the story with the air divider? Does it help with air velocity or something? Awesome thread btw

rexrunner

Reaction score
Such awesome work!! I believe the air divider helps dist charge into into the intercooler

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It makes sure that all of the air flows through the intercooler. Since it is a top in/out, with out them, there is a probability of the air at the bottom of the intercooler not to flow through, but to act like an eddy current. That reduces the intercooler's efficiency of cooling the charge air.

The dividers prevent that.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ever get the grapgh to be able to post it?

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
He told me last week he was going to try and dyno it again this past weekend. Hopefully a chart comes with that run?

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
There isn't going to be a second dyno. Alex ran into some issues with his truck.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not popped. Just temporarily down. Plus he is going to be in vacation for a week. I did hear that a new dyno will be somewhat soon though.

SIK X

Reaction score
Sorry I let it get quiet in here. Lol. It's tough to get the time I need sometimes to work on my truck. I have changed a lot of my plans... So please be patient with me... It is taking forever, I know. Final numbers will be up soon. :top:

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Sorry I let it get quiet in here. Lol. It's tough to get the time I need sometimes to work on my truck. I have changed a lot of my plans... So please be patient with me... It is taking forever, I know. Final numbers will be up soon. :top:

Glad it's just 'cuz you were busy and not due to scattered pieces!!

Demented Dave in Boring Bagram Afghanistan

SIK X

Reaction score
So heres the changes from the last dyno run to this current one... All i added was a Giant magnaflow 3.5" in 3.5" out muffler, a Giant 900hp capable intercooler, and kept the air filter on. (last dyno i had the air filter off) and heres the results. Keep in mind this is tuned very conservatively. Im sure we can get more out of it at 10psi but its my daily driver and id rather be extra safe than sitting on the fence. And its still awesome power for daily driver!
16m9clx.jpg

And if you look at the bottom of this graph the 2 lowest lines are my boost... full boost by 3200rpm! nice!
2a91rsx.jpg

Top Bottom