Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbocharger or supercharger

What type of FI do you prefer?

• Supercharger

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Turbocharger

Votes: 81 53.6%
  • NOS

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Methanol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None for me thanks

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters

toyota06

Reaction score
turbo

How much is the turbo running for the XR i was lookin for one

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I can't say which one i prefer since I have only had experience with the URD supercharger. I am very happy with what I have, but if I had the time and money I would love to build a nice turbo system and see how it performs.

Jonathan

Reaction score
I can't say which one i prefer since I have only had experience with the URD supercharger. I am very happy with what I have, but if I had the time and money I would love to build a nice turbo system and see how it performs.

or buy..........:wink:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Jonathan are you running into issues with your set up? Is being a while since you mock up and I haven't hearn nothinh about your Turbo set up :hmmmm2:

Jonathan

Reaction score
Jonathan are you running into issues with your set up? Is being a while since you mock up and I haven't hearn nothinh about your Turbo set up :hmmmm2:

C2C is sucking up alot of time. mix with with my day job, and school, there isnt much time left for my truck lately. there is going to be some AWESOME stuff coming out fairly soon, so i want to get that going before i finish up my truck. i havent ran into any issues on my set up but time dogo:top:

DOGO X

Reaction score
C2C is sucking up alot of time. mix with with my day job, and school, there isnt much time left for my truck lately. there is going to be some AWESOME stuff coming out fairly soon, so i want to get that going before i finish up my truck. i havent ran into any issues on my set up but time dogo:top:

Good, I now that new bussiness take time, I'm glad you are doing ok. :top:

Xacto

Reaction score
hmmm well, if it was an eaton roots type id get that. nothing like the whine of a roots charger as you're flooring it. but that doesnt seem to be an option now so id go turbo. plus blow off valves on a perf. truck is just sick.:top:

1sikXR

Reaction score
I love both. Superchargers sound sick when whine kinda like a Kenne Bell(sp?) Cobra. They tend to be a bit more reliable and are pretty much "bolt-on" setups. But I do prefer turbo setups. The fact that you can control the boost and power with the turn of a dial if it's properly setup and tuned is awesome. But I may be leaning towards that because I just found a Precision SC66 and huge front mount next to my truck the other day. I have most of the electronics but I'm still researching and debating on what I'm gonna use to control air, fuel, and timing. Suggestions are more than welcome
wth001Medium.jpg

Just a sneak peek since you might never see it on there. Probably because I won't ever put it on the truck (Apparently Toyota might be watching this forum)

XPC_XR

Reaction score
I voted SC because thats what I have had lots of experience with on my corolla. I do love turbos but im stuck in CA and they are soo strick.. My only hope is for TRD to actually make a SC and then get CARB. Im keeping my fingers crossed cuz I am not going to hold my breath, haha.

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
I have a turbo on my Integra being tuned one final time @ about 19psi, and should still get relatively good gas milage ( if i can stay out of boost:biggrin: ). That is one cool thing about a turbo.

heloboby7

Reaction score
I love both. Superchargers sound sick when whine kinda like a Kenne Bell(sp?) Cobra. They tend to be a bit more reliable and are pretty much "bolt-on" setups. But I do prefer turbo setups. The fact that you can control the boost and power with the turn of a dial if it's properly setup and tuned is awesome. But I may be leaning towards that because I just found a Precision SC66 and huge front mount next to my truck the other day. I have most of the electronics but I'm still researching and debating on what I'm gonna use to control air, fuel, and timing. Suggestions are more than welcome
wth001Medium.jpg

Just a sneak peek since you might never see it on there. Probably because I won't ever put it on the truck (Apparently Toyota might be watching this forum)

Oh no. I see an FMU. Stay away from those unless you like fouled plugs or blown engines. That exhaust setup looks almost identical to mine with the exception of the v-band hardware on the manifolds.

Gadget

Reaction score
How does this V6 turbo collector look?

collector.jpg

Gadget

Top Bottom