Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turtle wax ICE products

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
So for my birthday my mom got me a bunch of the turtle wax ICE. I would like to know your opinions about the stuff.

Specifiacly I was also wondering about their interior stuff. I know amoral is supposed to be bad because its silicone based. But i have no idea what this ICE is made of.

ICE Total Interior

also got all this

Liquid Polish

Car Wash
Spray Detailer
Liquid Clay Bar (just the liquid clay bar not the full kit:dontknow:)

RedXr

Reaction score
I use the liquid polish and liquid clay bar. They both work great IMO!

46&2_X

Reaction score
Liquid Clay Bar (just the liquid clay bar not the full kit:dontknow:)

Wtf? :stupid:

I've never heard of that. Something about that scares me though...

I stopped using Turtle Wax products when I was 16.

A Clay Bar works, because it lifts the contamintes and you mold it into the clay.

Unless it's some kind of abrasive in it. Then it's more of a polish.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
it has some type of pad, but maybe youre supposed to use it with the actual clay bar

Why did you stop using the products?

46&2_X

Reaction score
it has some type of pad, but maybe youre supposed to use it with the actual clay bar

Why did you stop using the products?

I like Meg's sooooo much better.

Turtle Wax didn't really have much to choose from back in the day.

But now it's all Meg's cept for a few misc things I have leftover, that once they run out I'll get more Megs heh.

RedXr

Reaction score
2009-02-26_161011.jpg

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
ive got meg car wash and quick detailer I use right now. Im not gonna be picky though, as long as there wont be any adverse affects from using the ICE

R

racerx

i use the ice paste polish meg wax and ice det. polish spray with 3m compound. ice works great cuz it doesnt leave any residue on you embelms and drys clear and smells like blue berries

X-Pablo

Reaction score
Ya i've seen the TW Ice Liquid Clay, been reading about it online reviews were it's not as good as an actual Clay Bar, but it was still pretty good.

I use Meguiars Clay bar kit and NXT 2.0 Tech wax, but I use TW F2 wash, that was given to me so i'll use it until it runs out and then use Meg's wash.

I say use the stuff, until it's finished but buy Mequiars or some other high end brand in future.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
ok, well I guess it should be alright and I cant beat the price lol.

What about the total interior, I dont want to cause any damage with that stuff

Stevenredx

Reaction score

You should be fine with the interior stuff. I'll change up every now and then myself. It all depends on the scent and finish it leaves. I'm not a big fan of the nice shiny slick finish. I just stay away from armor all.

46&2_X

Reaction score
You should be fine with the interior stuff. I just stay away from armor all.

x2

The Turtle Wax products won't hurt your finish if you use them correctly.

I just prefer something else.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
never heard of liquid clay vbar before. Does that come with a clay bar or is it just a liquid to remove the contaminates.

I totally trust Megs 100%

Last edited:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
never heard of liquid clay vbar before. Does that come with a clay bar or is it just a liquid to remove the contaminates.

I totally trust Megs 100%

its a liquid, but if you look at the pic see how its three layers, white, dark blue, then white again. you have to shake it up real good then put it on a pad that they give you and then rub it on kinda like a wax

shan

Reaction score
man i like the stuff . i used it on my truck .

Vince77

Reaction score
I have the ice wax and detailer. Both work fine for me. I personally like the meguires detailer better, but the is gets the job done.

Wouldn't know about the liquid clay bar, but give it a try.

46&2_X

Reaction score
its a liquid, but if you look at the pic see how its three layers, white, dark blue, then white again. you have to shake it up real good then put it on a pad that they give you and then rub it on kinda like a wax

So basically it's a rubbing compound..... :stupid:

I guess it sounds more "Ice" to call it Liquid Clay Bar.

rich017

Reaction score

I have used the ICE wax and was not impressed (nothing turtle wax has). The liquid clay bar also does not work. It's just liquid and without a clay bar, you are not lifting contaminants to make it smooth.

I also used the liquid clay bar and a meguiars clay bar on the same vehicle and the turtle wax did nothing.

I have not used the interior stuff yet but from what I have seen it's thick so I stick with meguiars that doesn't harm anything or make it look like grease. IMO turtle wax is a cheap way to make you think your using good stuff. lol!

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I've heard other people say it works good. I would go ahead and use it.

Edgeman

Reaction score
I used Turtle Wax Ice on one of my older cars (with oxidized(sp)) single stage paint, and it was a beee-och to remove. That won't be a problem with the modern clear coat paint on our Xs, but I'm still a little wary... But I do have plenty of ICE left over from that bottle...lol

Top Bottom