Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD TCAI causing engine to stall?

easts1d3

Reaction score
What is this i have been hearing about the URD TCAI when there is no shield? Does the engine really stall out at highway speeds when the clutch is depressed?

xrgilly

Reaction score
get the shield man looks like u have the grill craft grill add some protection

easts1d3

Reaction score
get the shield man looks like u have the grill craft grill add some protection
i dont really like the look of the shield and i have the injen prefilter to add a little protection

xrgilly

Reaction score
for water , I'm talking about other stuff like rocks and shit and i do believe there are idling issues at speed without it

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
i dont really like the look of the shield and i have the injen prefilter to add a little protection

Well to be blunt either learn to like the shield and have a truck that runs, or don't run the shield and have a truck that flutters or stalls when you clutch in on the highway...

I would run the shield with a grill craft man... Just paint it black like gilly did

xrgilly

Reaction score
Well to be blunt either learn to like the shield and have a truck that runs, or don't run the shield and have a truck that flutters or stalls when you clutch in on the highway...

I would run the shield with a grill craft man... Just paint it black like gilly did

or order the black one from urd haha

just add some flair to it
DSCN2782.jpg

easts1d3

Reaction score

Thats why im asking to see if there are issues, and if there are issues im going to NEED a sheild

I might try and fab something up to protect the pipe, maf, and filter

BrokenTusk

Reaction score
You NEED some sort of shield. Anything over above aprox 120km/h and you will have serious idling issues due to the wind buffeting at those speeds.

I learned the hard way, put er in neutral at aprox. 200km/h. Engine instant stalled, lost of power steering, power breaks..

If you like to have fun with it, get the shield.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
You might pass with the prefilter, problem is the stock grill blocks the wind where the grill craft leaves it open and causes the maf to miss read... On your next spin to k-town push in the clutch and see what happens

easts1d3

Reaction score
You might pass with the prefilter, problem is the stock grill blocks the wind where the grill craft leaves it open and causes the maf to miss read... On your next spin to k-town push in the clutch and see what happens

Im headed up there this weekend so i guess i will have to test it out on the 401, i would really hate to have to loose power steering and power brakes at 200km/h lol

BrokenTusk

Reaction score
i would imagine so! im a little pissed that the issue wasnt mentioned in the product description
I can understand why it wasn't. Technically that would be admitting illegal usage as no public roads have speed limits that high. But they should've anyways as some of us actually do take it to the track.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Im headed up there this weekend so i guess i will have to test it out on the 401, i would really hate to have to loose power steering and power brakes at 200km/h lol

If your doing 200k on the 401 you deserve to loose more than that!!! Also don't test it out under a pull haha

xrgilly

Reaction score
just buy the shield or fab one save your self the potential catastrophic failure

Generation-X

Reaction score
What I dont get is all of yall having issues? I had mine with the mesh grill and no cover for a while and had NO issues with the idle...the only difference is that I had the MAF calibrator

NOTE: I do not condone running without a cover if you have anything other then the stock grill. I did not drive my truck in heavy rain conditions. If you have no shield and get enough water into the intake filter you can cause damage......

Moneyblind

Reaction score
What I dont get is all of yall having issues? I had mine with the mesh grill and no cover for a while and had NO issues with the idle...the only difference is that I had the MAF calibrator

NOTE: I do not condone running without a cover if you have anything other then the stock grill. I did not drive my truck in heavy rain conditions. If you have no shield and get enough water into the intake filter you can cause damage......

Be sure to read the fineprint, its there for a reason; AKA What works for one person, might not for another. AKA, Living in florida VS Washington...one rains ALLLLL the time, the other....not so much...

easts1d3

Reaction score
If your doing 200k on the 401 you deserve to loose more than that!!! Also don't test it out under a pull haha

haha that would be pretty stupid, im just going to see what happens at 120 when i depress the clutch.
if im braking from 200km\h im going to be downshifting and not coasting in neutral

I am running the MAF calibrator as well along with the injen prefilter

Last edited:
Top Bottom