Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Warning to all XR owners

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Hey Danny lol....
IMAG0043copy.jpg

I got to stop hanging around Toyota. I'm there too much.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It happens easily because the oil sump 1: isn't in the lowest part of the oil pan 2: The factory recommended fill level is less than 5 quarts 3: The oil pan for this "SPORTS TRUCK" is too damn shallow and hard turning is the easiest way to move the oil away from the sump. I know of a guy that had it happen to him while driving on a clover loop, in Dallas.

When I built my motor the 2nd time, and received all the parts when the motor arrived, Grumpy and I noticed that it came with the XR oil pan. We immediatly noticed the reason the starvation happens, and that is why I posted the pics of it, as well as us sharing the critical info with Coupe.

WARNING!!! If you do not plan on purchasing the lower oil pan spacer from Coupe, ALWAYS fill your XR to the TOP DOT on the dip stick.

blastap

Reaction score
I run the clovers a gear high because of this issue.

burnboy

Reaction score
Is there not a windage tray of any kind ? The audi s4 4.2 v8 has a very short pick up tube and a large oil pan dosent spin bearings. I'm buying a coupe pan when their available

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Completely open in there. You are free to move about the cabin....

DannysBlkX

Reaction score
Lol...I love all the smart ass comments..:eviltongue:..Anyways.
I did get the truck back before i posted this...not stupid...and i do my own oil changes. i Used 5 full qt. of mobil 1 with a K&N filter. I had about 2,500 left till my next change. So i never claimed i was some kind of drift king or anything close to it... no i wasn't bouncing the needle off red..regardless of what kind of burnout i did (drift, doughnut, j-hook, or what ever you wanna call it...i should have been able to do anything but drive the thing upside down. it shouldn't of failed so easily....Think about this.. Toyota puts a sport truck tittle on our XRs...Do you really think it is ? how many of us has this happened to...Either we all can't drive or XRs just can't live up to their names (sport truck) :thumpdown: we all know from being members on this site reading post after post XRs have minor and major flaws. I think we just found a major one...! Anyways..im just letting everyone know don't push them cuzz they can't handle it...

Hey Danny lol....
IMAG0043copy.jpg

I got to stop hanging around Toyota. I'm there too much.

Yep that's my XR's hart transplant...lol :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom