Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

was a hard decision...KETCHUP

KETCHUP

Reaction score
:laugh: No I didn't sell

She has been sitting in my garage collecting dust for 3 weeks. I have narrowed down the oil leak to be either the rear main or clutch slave cylinder. I know this may sound crazy, but I took it to the dealership today. Been debating. I know, I have done everything myself, but I don't have my crew available to help. And I just don't have the time or energy to do it alone. So after a week of debating, it went to the dealership. My general estimates will be around 600 to fix it if it needs a seal and around 300 if its a clutch slave. If I decide to pull the plug on them doing the work (which I doubt) it will cost me around 70 bucks for their inspections and diagnosis.

Sound crazy, well its not really. I waited until yesterday to file my taxes. In January, I had did an online tax thing that showed I was going to have to pay in 1900 dollars to the IRS. So yesterday, I went to do them and pay my fees. Turns out, I made a mistake somewhere and we are getting back 2400. Well, 2100 after all the fees. So, if it cost 600, it just does. I can't believe my luck, but haven't wanted to bitch about it.

So, I will keep all posted. Been down, but looking forward to getting it back fixed. Is there a lesson on all of this......who knows? Don't see how we could have done anything during the install to cause it to start leakin oil from the back of the motor. Def coming from the inspection area between the bell housing of the tranny and the motor. More to follow. Thanks for readin!

207621_2034689347314_1246594898_32430442_5256019_n.jpg

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Just get her fixed up so you can enjoy her again :top:

x ynot

Reaction score
getting back almost what you were fixing to pay in that a super turn in luck

burnboy

Reaction score
It was a used motor correct? Hell my main seal leaked at 36000 miles. Just bad luck

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Gotta agree, just get her fixed. Because after what you two have been thru she deserves one more chance.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Dang, I should'a looked harder at the rear end of that motor before we swapped it in. Would'a saved you 600bucks. But at least the swap was low cost for you even if you're out retail on the seal. I can't blame you at all for turning it over to a mechanic, I proly would have done the same thing.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I was begining to wonder where you went bro! don't blame ya at all get her fixed up and enjoy it!! At least you will have her back running strong for he summer and your next biggest worry will be keeping her waxed!!:top:

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Great news Ketchup! It's always good to hear that you'll be getting money back. Get that beauty fixed and back on the road!

butters607

Reaction score
I think it was a good decision cause if it. Leaks again soon they are responsible also they cant give it back to u until its fixed!

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
The $70 bucks is well worth the diagnosis. If it is the slave cylinder, you can buy one from www.trdparts4u.com for $70. About a 15 minute swap, and bleed.

If it is the rear main seal, it is well worth the hassel to have them fix it. Then you will be all happy again.

If there have been two members here that have had the most headache, it would be you and I. Keep your head up bro. The good times are coming. :top:

Clewis333

Reaction score
If there have been two members here that have had the most headache, it would be you and I. Keep your head up bro. The good times are coming. :top:

Lolz... it's true, but because of that you two are probably some of the most knowledgeable on this forum (right next to gadget):top::top:

butters607

Reaction score
The $70 bucks is well worth the diagnosis. If it is the slave cylinder, you can buy one from www.trdparts4u.com for $70. About a 15 minute swap, and bleed.

If it is the rear main seal, it is well worth the hassel to have them fix it. Then you will be all happy again.

can i be added to the headache list please lmao!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Put yourself on the list as number 3 then. Lol.

Baggins44

Reaction score
Just dump a bottle of tabasco into the oil! Good luck bro :top:

X-roller

Reaction score
damn you.... I thought you had sold it...... kinda worried me there for a sec... you better not you heffer..... and well at least it's gonna get fixed now though for good and you can enjoy that beast all over again. :top:

This is true!..... easy fix for the slave cylinder.... so save yourself the cash and do it yourself.... hell if you need help let me know and see if we can work something out of me going down there to help out... i'm currently unemployed so I can head out whenever. :top:

Last edited:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
KETCHUP will be all fixed on Monday.

900+ later for the repairs at Toyota. Bad rear main seal and the seal (don't remember what it was called) at the back bottom part of the motor.

Id just like to say THANKS to that effin Jack ASS that failed to tell me that this motor was leaking oil and tried to pass it off like it wasn't. Id like to say for record!!!! this guy is a POS and those that knew he was passing it off as a bad motor. Really shady crap guys. Anyways, as usual....G has my back. Don't really care if this pisses anyone off. Its not right to do someone this way. Thanks for the assistance G as always. Ketchup will be back up again. Officially! Just hope there is not something wrong other than that.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
KETCHUP will be all fixed on Monday.

900+ later for the repairs at Toyota. Bad rear main seal and the seal (don't remember what it was called) at the back bottom part of the motor.

Id just like to say THANKS to that effin Jack ASS that failed to tell me that this motor was leaking oil and tried to pass it off like it wasn't. Id like to say for record!!!! this guy is a POS and those that knew he was passing it off as a bad motor. Really shady crap guys. Anyways, as usual....G has my back. Don't really care if this pisses anyone off. Its not right to do someone this way. Thanks for the assistance G as always. Ketchup will be back up again. Officially! Just hope there is not something wrong other than that.
Sucks to hear bout the loser. Anyway when monday comes hopefully your have the tomato back up to speed bro!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Yea it will be done right. It was never slow. Just leaking oil like crazy.

Top Bottom