Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Washington Meet & Mod day in Tacoma

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
yeah its frustrating but im not mad at the body shop. i go by there at least 4 times a week and they're doing everything the right way. no cutting corners. well i will come help you with your headers on Saturday and then next weekend we could do my mods and your drop. my house or yours next weekend?

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
update for mod day(s)

this Saturday is still happening but i think im the only confirmed atendee so ill be giving Sean a hand with his new style dtlts.

next weekend (Saturday) we will be having another mod day at my apartment in tacoma. since i don't have my truck and Sean is waiting on his drop it only makes sense to have another mod day. the start time for both events is around 10 am. my address is

1906 105th st s
apt e 101
tacoma wa 98444

mapquest it or you can call me for directions. (580)919 6955. remember the mod day at my house is next weekend so don't show ul there at 10 tomorrow lol. i won't be there.

hopefully some of you guys who couldn't make it this weekend can make it next weekend.

look forward to seeing you guys and meeting any new people!!!!

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Hey man, im at work this week... actually right now:laugh:

Anyways, i might be able to make it up there next sat. I see you got tinted tails chris. Can you post a pic or something and if i like em i will want to come up there next week and get some help on em. If i dont like em, ill prolly just hang out and BS with you guys or finish polishing headlights while chillin with ya.

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Well since everybody was busy today it wasn't a full blown mod day. But Chris (Se_xrunner) was still free to help my brother and myself put the new fj dtlts on. It took a little while to to get them on cause we had to take a break to get some new nuts cause the ones that came with it were kind of soft. And I'm not an expert in the engine bay, especially when we had to take off 12 little 12mm nuts in hard to reach places. The new headers sound great and feel great in the butt dyno. Thanks for the help Chris. :rock:

mrguy33391

Reaction score
I was about to go buy you some grub when we got done, but you seemed anxious to go get that intake on your truck so I didn't ask! Probably still should have. So when I come help out next weekend with your stuff and hopefully my drop, remind me to grab some food and beer on the way.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
ok will do.. probably just some food though cuz i have plenty of beer! and therese no need to repay me for anything, youve already been out to help me and will be again next weekend so i think that is more than enough compensation lol. working on trucks is fun for me, its not a job! no worrys man anytime you need a hand with anything give me a call or text. you know the number!

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
yeah dude those are sweet. i dont really like projectors but i do like the audi style "eyelashes"

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Let me see your tinted tails Chris!!

I might do them next week. But not sure how:dontknow:

And grats on the Longtubes!! I had to do mine by myself. It was kinda a bitch, but i got 'er done:top: I love the way they feel! Butt dyno is digging it too!

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
my truck is still in the body shop so i cant really take pics of them for right now but if you come to mod day this weekend at my place you can see them up close!

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Right on man. I was hoping to see what all i needed to get them done so i can bring all the stuff. Is the inside of them tinted? Outside? I kinda like the write up in the 'how-to' section where the guy just painted the bezels satin black. I might end up doing that but id rather not have to open them up. Who knows? We'll see!

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
well my tails have been opened and i painted the bezels matte black. then i used spray tint from vatozone to do the inside of the plastic cover. they looked like crap when i did them. my body shop guy said he could do them for pretty cheap if we had a group of people to go in at the same time. just to give you guys an estimate he said one pair would be about 80-100 and if we could get 3 or 4 pairs he could even go lower than that. so i know sean has covers on his dave you need yours done and im sure there are other people in the pacnw who want theirs done. also if anyone who cant make it up to the mod day wanted to have theirs done they could ship them up here with a money order for the price to have them done and then i could ship them back to you once they are completed. of course this would require you to not have tail lights for up to a week or a 2 depending on shipping times so a second car to drive or an extra set of tails would be required lol.

ill start another thread in the pacnw forum for people who want to sign up to have their tails done.

once i do that ill post a link here. stand by.

EDIT: heres the link to the other thread on the tinted tails group price
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?p=620818#post620818

Last edited:

07SWB

Reaction score
Providing i don't have to work that day I already cleared it with my lady and she's down for the cruise up there. I don't have any mods for the titan that need to be done so ill just lend a helpin hand

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
can we get a quick head count so we can purchase the right amount of food/ drinks and beer?

1)SE_XRUNNER + 1 and a baby!
2)
3)
4)
5)

sixstringdave

Reaction score
1)SE_XRUNNER + 1 and a baby!
2)sixstringdave- just me!
3)
4)
5)

EDIT: This saturday right?

07SWB

Reaction score
I've got an interview tomorrow morning at 9am to see if I got this job. If I don't start before Saturday ne and the wifey will nake the trip. Id love to bring the trans am but it doesn't have a temp guage right now. Ill be mobbing up there in the filthy titaan.. maybe I can give it a bath before we go

Top Bottom