Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Watts Link

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
honestly bro...i say go for but go for a 4-link with watts. it will take care of everything...:top:

oxi

Reaction score
oxi, DO IT! what is the hold up? everyone wants more handling and NO ONE is doing anything about it. This is what this truck needs. this will be a bolt on from someone that knows what they're doing. this will improve the handling at a reasonable price. talk to the mustang guys. they have had it for years. this will be bolt on IN YOUR DRIVE WAY. hell, i'll buy the 1st one if he needs a commitment. everyone talks about handling but no one gets excited about this. this is a major improvement. believe me, no one else will ever take the time to r&d one and make one for our trucks . not enough demand. but here is an opportunity to get one done right! DO IT!

you should visit this guys site. we need this. www.fays2.net

Here is an update. I called Jim Fay and we agreed that he will take my truck next week sometime for a few weeks to design and test a Watts link with my rear setup and try to build one for a stock XR. One of the buyers where I work has a BSP XR stock so this might work well.

He will throw in the Watts link at no charge for help with designing one and the big plan is to have it ready for the Road America event in late October. So I will work with him to design with the Calvert traction bars and maybe get some info. for a 4 link rear or something. So progress will be made and Road America is a track I know very well with over 100 laps so far logged, so testing this Watts link will be no problem.

ezjam

Reaction score
great! this is going to be perfect. someone who knows what they are doing will make it and someone who is going to run the hell out of it will test it! the x-r family could not ask for more! bolt on improvement to the weakest part of the rear set up we have. minimum fuss and expense-major improvement.

oxi

Reaction score
great! this is going to be perfect. someone who knows what they are doing will make it and someone who is going to run the hell out of it will test it! the x-r family could not ask for more! bolt on improvement to the weakest part of the rear set up we have. minimum fuss and expense-major improvement.

Here is an update.The Watts link should be ready by the end of next week. Right now Jim Fay is trying to fab something up for a stock XR and even the 4wd Taco. The only issue he is running into is the spare tire placement. That will have to be removed in order to run the Watts link.One of our buyers where I work has an 06 XR so he will stop by and take a look at the stock XR rear suspension so he can fab one up for the XR.

ezjam

Reaction score
That is sad about the spare.... oh well..... keep us updated on the progress! run it hard and give us a good review.

krazy_j

Reaction score
wow this is some great news i cant wait to see the final result and i can just throw the spare in the acess cab since no one rides back there and its mostly for my tools

quicky06

Reaction score
you can always put the spare in the bed.... you got to prioritize

oxi

Reaction score

Watts link is installed. It is a prototype, hope to have pics soon. Drove it home, not much differance with street driving though my rear is stiff as it is but at highway speeds and jerking the wheel back and forth the rear felt tighter than before so I cannot wait until Road America later this month.

Hope to have pics this weekend as I travel to my parents and scan them into the puter by Sunday evening!

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Awesome!!!! Can't wait for the pics :rock:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
wow I can't wait to see this...:biggrin: this setup is going to kick *ss...:top:

ezjam

Reaction score
give it a good test. give jim good feedback so we can get a good product. i'm so excited, i think i'll go outside and put my spare in the bed of the truck. just want to get ready!

livinginsa

Reaction score
What the heck? Why did this thread come back, three years old?

What did happen? He gets this watts linkage, and then he sells his XR to get a 4x4, really? He didn't even say how it handled, strange.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
To add to the 4 link idea a bit. If did a complete conversion with coil overs, you could possibly adjust the damping and rebound, as well as the spring rate. Far more adjustable than leaves. Add the watts, and you would have the best rear setup available.

Damn it. Way to be un-observant at the first post date. Fail....

Last edited:
Top Bottom