Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Watts Link

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Damn it. Way to be un-observant at the first post date. Fail....

It happens...

No but i completely agree with you guys here, a watts link would make a world of difference. I was looking into this a while back, while discussing coil over options for the front, with a few buddies....Keep in mind, im sittin sic, ATM

We realized that if i go lower/stiffer in the front...the ass end will still be the hardest part to to make work for my goals...options as off now:

#1, if i get composite leafs, which have a habit of cracking, i run an even greater risk of catastrophic failure from cracking because the welded diff pretty gives me axle hop around every corner...:top:

# 2 , 3-4" lowering blocks do nothing...other than just that, it doesn't solve spring rate issues, and all it will do is make axle hop worse...not good

# 34 link...this is my daily driver...and i use it AS A TRUCK...nuff said...

I really want to do more research or maybe talk to some people in my area with experience in building Watts links, cause they do pretty much, exactly what i need em' to do...keep the rear in check. My goal would be to have custom 300ppi 4" lowering leafs, or possible 2" lowering leafs/2" blocks, with a watts link...and im looking into modified MRK 4 supra coil overs for the front...:top:

Keep an eye out for a thread on this, i will be starting this project in the near future...:rock:

darthyota

Reaction score
im pretty sure the op had the watts link built and installed on his truck with good results i think i saw a thread about it over on custom tacos about it like last year

XTruckDriver

Reaction score
way to bump a like 3year old thread

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I haven't been on the forums for awhile and didn't see this before.
I was really curious how the Watts Link worked out, sounds like it would be really nice especially for autocross.

808XR10

Reaction score
id be interested to see if it really worked out good for the truck too man. so does anybody know?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I haven't been on the forums for awhile and didn't see this before.
I was really curious how the Watts Link worked out, sounds like it would be really nice especially for autocross.

There's nothing wrong with bumping an old thread as long as the intent isn't to get a response from the OP. Granted it bugs some people but it's better to bump and old thread than start a new one if the discussion has already been played out. :top:

ezjam

Reaction score
I need 6 people who want a watts link for their x-runner. I have been wanting one for quite some time now and i am ready to redo my suspension. this will work perfect with the urd traction bar and will eliminate the bad effects of using blocks to lower the rear. they are $650 ea and if i can get at least 6 people Jim Fay will build them for us. anyone interested?

also, does anyone know oxi? he has the prototype and thought it worked great. please pm me if interested.

darthyota

Reaction score
I need 6 people who want a watts link for their x-runner. I have been wanting one for quite some time now and i am ready to redo my suspension. this will work perfect with the urd traction bar and will eliminate the bad effects of using blocks to lower the rear. they are $650 ea and if i can get at least 6 people Jim Fay will build them for us. anyone interested?

also, does anyone know oxi? he has the prototype and thought it worked great. please pm me if interested.

You should take to the mods to see if you can get a group buy thread going so it would be easier then pm you. I also wouldn't mind one either

ezjam

Reaction score
ok. maybe we can get 6 people because i am sick of my "four wheel steering".

Top Bottom