Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

weathertech warning

morcheez

Reaction score
well i have had the weathertech floor liners for quite some time now and i love them....but tonight i got a little scare ...when i put the pedal to the floor it got stuck ...when i let off the gas it just kept going and i was like WTF:frown: ...so i threw her in nuetral and im hittin the rev limiter like crazy ...so i pry it off with my foot..this whole ordeal happened in about 5 seconds but it felt like forever...i tried again once i got on my street and it happened again ...but once i got home and i was out of the truck it wouldnt do it ...i already contacted weathertech to see if there were any other incidents ...but i just wanted to tell everyone that it can happen...i think i am gonna trim a little bit around the gas pedal cuz i dont want that to happen again :thumpdown:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good info Cheez --- especially since this will be one of my top priority purchases when I get some dough. I know that my factory floor mats are toast already after just 1 year and I like how the weathertech protects the surrounding carpet with the lip.

Quick thinking though throwing it into neutral. :top:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Thanks God nothing happend to you or the truck. Thanks for the advice!

Trim that baby down :top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i have toyota rubber mats that clip into the factory locations and they work great for me. no sliding up under the pedal or anything

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Well the Weathertechs also use the hooks on the floor. What did the mats hook on?

xxCLMxx

Reaction score
My uncle had weathertechs in his 06 dodge 2500 diesel, an when I was getting ready to pass someone so I kicked it down an the car in front of me slowed way down. Just about rear ended him cause the gas pedal got stuck. Needless to say he took the weathertechs out.

nxrunner

Reaction score
Well the Weathertechs also use the hooks on the floor. What did the mats hook on?

??? :dontknow: :hmmmm2: ???
Glad your ok Morcheez and didnt hurt the truck but I never would have thought the weather tech mats would done that. Are you sure the mats were still connected with the oem hooks?

Jonathan

Reaction score
and lose power steering and power brakes heading towards a turn :thumpdown:

you do have a booster pump that will let you brake and steer for a short while just for this reason:top:

morcheez

Reaction score
??? :dontknow: :hmmmm2: ???
Glad your ok Morcheez and didnt hurt the truck but I never would have thought the weather tech mats would done that. Are you sure the mats were still connected with the oem hooks?

thats the first thing i checked and they were ..just a one in a milion thing i guess

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
i had the same exact thing happen to me, not with weather techs but its pretty scary. It happend as i was coming up to a light so i was gonna go into the cross traffic but i steped on the clutch and it was in the limiter for like a good 7 seconds before i realized it was the mats.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Just resurrecting an old thread with some new information.... Yeah, I had the same problem, except mine was with the clutch.... I called weathertech about a month ago and the tech said he would look into it. He then said that the weathertech liners are not compatible with the X-runner or any manual taco. I then explained to him that about 40+ other trucks easily have the same set in their trucks and have only had minimal problems with them, regarding trimming. He then said that was impossible, and explained to me that I had 2 options. I could A. send him the liners back for a refund, or B. trim them....I then told him I had already trimmed them and sanded the corners to make them look to factory spec. I swear, I could have choked him with my bare hands just listening him try to tell me that they arent made for our tacos and that there is some sort of explanation saying its only for automatics.... :thumpdown: All in all, Im still very happy with my product but its just been a stupid exchange between me and their tech for stupidity...I told him that it was just a simple trim issue...****ing idiots...:motz::hmmmm2::stupid:

Murderface

Reaction score
and to think that i was thinking about getting them too:thumpdown:

morcheez

Reaction score
wow thats crazy man...thing is i complained to them like what a year and a half ago about the gas pedal problem...but they never got back to me ...then i found out they had been redesigned when someone posted a pic up on ct of theres...i was like wtf thats not what mine look like...so i called them up and they sent me a new drivers side mat...funny thing is i didnt even have the truck anymore..it was right after the tree incident...got the new mat in and i just gave it to 1sikxr since i really coudlnt sell just one mat to anyone and he bought the other ones so i just gave it to him...but he did just tell me the other day that now his clutch pedal gets stuck....wtf is that...how can they say they didnt design them for manual trans...i had no problem with the original design as far as the clutch pedal goes...and there is no mention on the website that it wont work with a manual ...maybe we all need to send them back and get refunds :biggrin:...that will show em

Vince77

Reaction score
and to think that i was thinking about getting them too:thumpdown:

I wouldn't let that scare you. I and some others have them and love them. My liner is no where near the gas or clutch, there is no way they could stick. I think some were just made with extra material up front, and need to be trimmed or exchanged.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I say get them bro, you'll be happy....you may just have to trim then in the corners...worth the money than having ****ty autozone mats :top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I wouldn't let that scare you. I and some others have them and love them. My liner is no where near the gas or clutch, there is no way they could stick. I think some were just made with extra material up front, and need to be trimmed or exchanged.

:dito:

I haven't had any issues with mine. I haven't even had any rubbing with my pedal covers on. :top:

Tapp

Reaction score
thats crazy man... maybe i should trim my back just to be on the safe side...

Top Bottom