Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

weight reduction??

Mr.X

Reaction score
i want to know if anyone has paid any attention to putting the X on a diet? So far I've done these to loose some pounds:

- barelli battery(only17lbs is what it weighs)
-intake manifold brackets aluminum
-taken off unnecessary brackets (about 10lbs)
-lighter pulleys(NST)
-SS leafs dropped a lot of weight (about 55lbs)
-no windshield fluid
-DTLT dropped a lil weight off the stock exhaust manifold
-TRD CAI is lighter then the stock set up
-scoopless hood was a tad bit lights (not sure how much tho)

thats all i can remember right now but all an all it was about 188lbs .. if anyone has done other thing pls let me know or post picturs

thanks
-Steven

Coupe

Reaction score
My driver could loose 50 lbs.

livinginsa

Reaction score
Keep my Xr clean. Sometimes, I have about 100 pounds of clothes, tools, gear, and trash in it.
Leave my gf at the house. That saves about 135 pounds.
Pee before I get in my Xr. 16 ounce saving.
236 pounds, not bad.

Bluessxr

Banned
Reaction score
Keep my Xr clean. Sometimes, I have about 100 pounds of clothes, tools, gear, and trash in it.
236 pounds, not bad.
LOL. I take a dump always before getting into MY TTXR. :laugh:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
236 pounds, not bad.
... and keep the outside clean and smooth as well!

Keep it at 1/4 tank at the track.

astronomyX

Reaction score
Get some lighter rims and tires and get rid of the spare, and if you want you can pull the passenger seat on track days...lol hell take the doors off too.
Is there an actual formula of HP to weight as in how many HP's are lost to hauling each pound of weight?

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I leave my co-pilot home

CBRBob

Reaction score
Wow, do you actually drive the truck or do you race it to work and back that this much weight matters? Lose the spare tire/wheel if you want a big savings too. Then again it would suck to have a flat LOL

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
For better balance, get run-flat tires, take out the spare, and relocate the battery to where the spare was.

Edgeman

Reaction score
- Don't believe the X-Brace is required, especially those wanting to increase their 1/4 mile times on the drag strip.
- Maybe a carbon-fiber hood, other body panels.
- Swap our electric seats for lightweight racing seats.
- Pull the carpet & other interior panels.
- Remove stuff you don't need, specifically the radio, speakers, inverter....
- Swap to a lighter tire/wheel package (less unsprung weight)

Guess there are a bunch of things we could do if we wanted the "ultimate performance" X-Runner.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
- Don't believe the X-Brace is required, especially those wanting to increase their 1/4 mile times on the drag strip.
- Maybe a carbon-fiber hood, other body panels.
- Swap our electric seats for lightweight racing seats.
- Pull the carpet & other interior panels.
- Remove stuff you don't need, specifically the radio, speakers, inverter....
- Swap to a lighter tire/wheel package (less unsprung weight)

Guess there are a bunch of things we could do if we wanted the "ultimate performance" X-Runner.
Electric seats?!

Edgeman

Reaction score
Electric seats?!

LOL, confused it with my car...but the theory is the same. These arent' the lightest seats, and you can probably save 50lbs by swapping for lightweight racing seats.

Murderface

Reaction score
All the above ideas are a great start but the question is........how much weight do u want to remove? I could see at least dropping 500-600 lbs of crap to really make it lighter but ur talking about many creature comforts that is nice to have in a daily driver.

U could ditch the AC system, power steering system, ABS system,Air bags and the list goes on and on. It's really a matter of how lite u need it.

I myself could do one thing to drop 100 lbs and that's a diet. Just stepped on a scale with all my clothes on and it was at 292lbs! YIKES I'm getting FAT:thumpdown:

rich017

Reaction score
My best time in the X was a 14.5 in the 1/4. Only mods at that time were an intake and a short shifter.

I only weigh 130lbs. I took out the passenger seat, removed the tailgate and took off the spare tire. But then again I had over 100lbs in audio also. A race car would be simple to shed weight because all you need is a driver seat, and all the powertrain and suspension. No need for the whole A/C system, alternator, spare, ABS, passenger seats, carpet, door panels, audio, etc

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
My best time in the X was a 14.5 in the 1/4. Only mods at that time were an intake and a short shifter.

I only weigh 130lbs. I took out the passenger seat, removed the tailgate and took off the spare tire. But then again I had over 100lbs in audio also. A race car would be simple to shed weight because all you need is a driver seat, and all the powertrain and suspension. No need for the whole A/C system, alternator, spare, ABS, passenger seats, carpet, door panels, audio, etc

jesus rich, 130 lbs!?!?! i can't even get a warm up with that weight lol

Murderface

Reaction score
jesus rich, 130 lbs!?!?! i can't even get a warm up with that weight lol

Ha I was thinking the same thing, well sort of. 130lbs is not something to be proud of:laugh: I think the last time I weighed 130lbs I was in 6th grade

TRD-X

Reaction score
Ha I was thinking the same thing, well sort of. 130lbs is not something to be proud of:laugh: I think the last time I weighed 130lbs I was in 6th grade

lol I'm like 223 lbs! :ahhhhh:

Top Bottom