Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

weight reduction??

Mr.X

Reaction score
this truck is not my DD(its a 2008 with only 20k) just a weekend car i have had only the driver seat in for when i go to the local street races i wont take out my spare bc i need that weight for better traction i have seen a better trap speed with less weight..i jus wanted to see if other ppl were doing things to lighten up these trucks..im thankful for the useful info but taking a piss before i get in my truck jus seems stupid IMO
-Steven

Murderface

Reaction score
Leaving the spare on isn't gonna help, what will help is better tires:top:

Mr.X

Reaction score
Leaving the spare on isn't gonna help, what will help is better tires:top:

with no spare i get a lot of wheel hop thats the thing im looking to get URD trac bar but its a lot of $$ but i heard its the best out for these trucks

Grumpy

Reaction score
..im thankful for the useful info but taking a piss before i get in my truck jus seems stupid IMO
-Steven

...better than taking a piss inside the truck. :laugh:

In all seriousness, switching from sliding rear window to a 1 piece solid rear window will save you atleast 15lbs. I didn't weight them when switching them out, but even with broken right window, it was noticeably heavier than solid rear window.

Taking out the storage pocket above the rear tire and replace with something lighter will save you a pound per side. Bed rail system for those cleats, rear tie down, and those storage compartment in the bed also

Mr.X

Reaction score
...better than taking a piss inside the truck.

that is very true

i seen some1 on this board take out those pockets and covered it with Plexiglas which i thought was cool but i have scrap CF pieces i can cover it with..as for the rails and tie downs im taking that off today thanks for that tip!!!:top: as for the solid window i been wanting to do that bc it looks cleaner and i never open it anyways!! this might sound crazy but i want to replace the suicide windows with CF custom windows bc again i have no back seats and i have double limo(5% tint) over the stock tint :biggrin:

Murderface

Reaction score
with no spare i get a lot of wheel hop thats the thing im looking to get URD trac bar but its a lot of $$ but i heard its the best out for these trucks

In the summer my Nitto Invos and URD Trac bar are enough to keep 10psi planted on the ground even in first gear.

Grumpy

Reaction score
i seen some1 on this board take out those pockets and covered it with Plexiglas which i thought was cool but i have scrap CF pieces i can cover it with..as for the rails and tie downs im taking that off today thanks for that tip!!!:top: as for the solid window i been wanting to do that bc it looks cleaner and i never open it anyways!! this might sound crazy but i want to replace the suicide windows with CF custom windows bc again i have no back seats and i have double limo(5% tint) over the stock tint :biggrin:

Coupe make custom plexiglass cover for those pocket. I agree with you on a carbon cover, pre-install pic. I have a pic that show actual weight saving but my PC is having a hissy fit.

cubbyholedelete.jpg

DIY window swap....because I'm poor lol
104_3237.jpg

Do Lexan for the suicide door window, they're just as light. How about removing fog lights and replace with base-model plastic cover? Since no one else sit in the back seat, those seat belts assembly are hefty. Should worth a few pounds. There's a bracket for upper child seat anchor on the passenger side rear seat. Basically the whole interior....depending on far you wanna go.

Mr.X

Reaction score
Do Lexan for the suicide door window, they're just as light. How about removing fog lights and replace with base-model plastic cover? Since no one else sit in the back seat, those seat belts assembly are hefty. Should worth a few pounds. There's a bracket for upper child seat anchor on the passenger side rear seat. Basically the whole interior....depending on far you wanna go.[/QUOTE]

i took off the rails for the tie-downs and it was about 20+lbs ..the fogs i want to keep they look mean...i have been meaning to take off the seat belt assembly for a while now that bracket for the child seat was long gone i want it to look like really nothing is missing till you really take a good look im also going to take my sound detaining out but putting my carpet back on so its like a lil sleeper MOD!!:rock:

Top Bottom