Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

which CAI>>?

HolyCow

Reaction score
URD all the way! It screams like no other! It takes a little to install, but its worth it. The sound will turn heads. URD sells a waterproof cover for the Amsoil filter to keep it dry and clean....no worries!

Stevenredx

Reaction score

Edgeman

Reaction score
...if you dont mind cutting your MAF wires than get the urd. both give the same amount of gains. i personally didnt like cutting my wires but loved the intake. i like them both. just your preference in sound i guess. good luck they both sound great

I'm really surprised URD hasn't come up with a straight plug in wiring extension. Most people (like me) really hate cutting into factory wiring. A nice patch cord would be a fantastic upgrade to the URD kit.

07XRsteve

Reaction score
I'm really surprised URD hasn't come up with a straight plug in wiring extension. Most people (like me) really hate cutting into factory wiring. A nice patch cord would be a fantastic upgrade to the URD kit.
thats the only reason why i choose TRD

Gadget

Reaction score

How much more would you be willing to pay for that feature?

I have looked into it. One plug is available. The other is not and has to be be custom made.

The design and mold costs are significant. The plugs made from it would be pretty cheap.

We have looked into selling the plugs to other companies, but there is just no one else that needs it. Toyota is switching to a new style MAF that uses a different plug so the life span of this is short.

After looking at it carefully it just does not merit the cost.

I will bet you that you would not want to pay the additional amount for this feature. If we spread the cost of doing this over the number of intakes we sell in a year, the cost would be increased a good bit.

It makes more sense to spend our development money on other projects like forced induction kit development.

Gadget

Top Bottom