Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which DVD or Navigation are you running?

XDsm

Reaction score
Show a pic of the head unit you have installed.

I don't have mine in the truck yet but here it is when it was in my other car.
633937_41_full.jpg

633937_38_full.jpg

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll tell ya... I wish I had the bank to get a DVD head unit. :frown: I'm going to be jealous of this thread. Do me a favor and post what you paid as well.

XDsm

Reaction score
I'll tell ya... I wish I had the bank to get a DVD head unit. :frown: I'm going to be jealous of this thread. Do me a favor and post what you paid as well.

That might make some jealous as well since I paid way below invoice on a lot of the stuff through accomodations and hook ups:biggrin: I paid $800 new from Pioneer for my AVIC-N1 when it was first released. Back then it was $2k for the head unit:eek: Working car audio install had it's advantages:top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
That might make some jealous as well since I paid way below invoice on a lot of the stuff through accomodations and hook ups:biggrin: I paid $800 new from Pioneer for my AVIC-N1 when it was first released. Back then it was $2k for the head unit:eek: Working car audio install had it's advantages:top:

you suck... you still can't buy that thing for $800

DOGO X

Reaction score
I need one if I move to the states. :biggrin:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
i have a jensen its a really good indash screen. can hook up my ps2 to it.can play mp3's have tv touchscreen etc etc but no navigation ..i MIGHT sell it so i can get an indash screen with navigations
i think i paid 600 for it i would have to look thru my stuff...but yea this is mine
DSCN0288.jpg

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
Do any of these have HD radio on them? I want to get a DVD deck with HD radio. I would say that I want to get Navigation but we live on an island...no way in hell you could get lost here. At one point you will always hit water. When you do...just turn around.

XDsm

Reaction score
Mine does not have HD support but that's ok I listen to CDs most of the time. As far as navigation, I get lost when I am more than 2 miles from my house:laugh: so no matter how small the area navigation is a wise decision for me or I am going to be wandering around aimlessly.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I just ordered this one.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069872_307671418,00.html

I wanted the AVIC-Z1 but I never get lost and my wife to be just got a Magellan so.... This one looks identicle to the AVIC just no Nav but its a 6-disc changer. so 6 discs of MP3s should do. Im looking at the vehicle dynamic processor add on too.

I got it for 800 on Ebay... supposed to be delivered on Friday... funny since the X is supposed to be delivered next wed:wink:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
1,400 no navigation forget that..i can play dvds while im driving compatible with mp3 player and as well has a little thing when i open it to stick a small card from cameras i think..dont know the name of it..

XDsm

Reaction score
1,400 no navigation forget that..i can play dvds while im driving compatible with mp3 player and as well has a little thing when i open it to stick a small card from cameras i think..dont know the name of it..

That's MSRP. You can get it for way less online. I wouldn't pay more than $700 for a non-navigation screen head-unit and $700 would be pushing it.

hypertaco

Reaction score
Mine is also HD Ready....but ya'll know what ready means...more hardware is probably needed!

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
That's MSRP. You can get it for way less online. I wouldn't pay more than $700 for a non-navigation screen head-unit and $700 would be pushing it.

I paid just over 800 so I get my entire system (I already had amps) for the same price as the AVIC and I dont need nav. 1700+ for nav is rediculous as well. I dont travel enough to use it.

XDsm

Reaction score
You can get an AVIC headunit for $800-1000 on Ebay. Although it won't be a changer like yours and since you don't use navigation it wouldn't be the best choice. That's a nice headunit you got and the price isn't bad for what it can do.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
You can get an AVIC headunit for $800-1000 on Ebay. Although it won't be a changer like yours and since you don't use navigation it wouldn't be the best choice. That's a nice headunit you got and the price isn't bad for what it can do.

AVIC-Z1 the best Ive found was 1700 and the are apparently on factory backorder since the new model comes out next month

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
i think im selling mine :ahhhhh:

im gettin the Jensen also ... you get more bang for the buck on that one ... plays DVDs ... TV ... Ipod Connector ... SD card Reader ... Plays MP4s(ipod videos are MP4s) ... and as for navi ... im buying the Alpine BlackBird ... Get it for 350 on ebay ... and it has realtime traffic ... save a couple bills ... you should do the same RedxRunner :top:

Top Bottom