Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which DVD or Navigation are you running?

XDsm

Reaction score
im gettin the Jensen also ... you get more bang for the buck on that one ... plays DVDs ... TV ... Ipod Connector ... SD card Reader ... Plays MP4s(ipod videos are MP4s) ... and as for navi ... im buying the Alpine BlackBird ... Get it for 350 on ebay ... and it has realtime traffic ... save a couple bills ... you should do the same RedxRunner :top:

You have to remember you get what you paid for. I am not saying Jensen is bad but the sound and build quality is nowhere near that of Pioneer/Premier or Eclipse and on a different level altogether Nakamichi. If you are an audiophile or into car stereo you can tell the difference right away between a Jensen or low end Panasonic compared to Pioneer/Premier, high end Alpines, and the high end Eclipses.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
You have to remember you get what you paid for. I am not saying Jensen is bad but the sound and build quality is nowhere near that of Pioneer/Premier or Eclipse and on a different level altogether Nakamichi. If you are an audiophile or into car stereo you can tell the difference right away between a Jensen or low end Panasonic compared to Pioneer/Premier, high end Alpines, and the high end Eclipses.

I Agree ... but i was realy hesitant about the Jensen ... but after all the reviews a read its the best for the price ... if i had the money i would get the AVIC-D2 ... but i dont have 1 grand lying around ... but it dont hurt to start saving :bird:

XDsm

Reaction score
but i dont have 1 grand lying around ... but it dont hurt to start saving :bird:

I know I prefer to buy right once, then buy twice. But like I said Jensen isn't necessarily bad. I've installed countless Jensens and for their price range most of the people seemed to be satisfied that purchased them.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
yup yup your right ... just like what i say ... buy the best because if you buy cheap you will end up buying it again :top: ... Nigel ... im always in cypress ... why dont i see yer X anywere ... i think im the only X in Cypress college ... havent seen one in the parking lot ... hahahaha ... but im sure there is one in the night classes

XDsm

Reaction score
yup yup your right ... just like what i say ... buy the best because if you buy cheap you will end up buying it again :top: ... Nigel ... im always in cypress ... why dont i see yer X anywere ... i think im the only X in Cypress college ... havent seen one in the parking lot ... hahahaha ... but im sure there is one in the night classes

I only take night classes since I work full-time during the day so I'm probably that X at night:biggrin:. I work in Cerritos weekdays during the day. I've seen another black X before at night at Cypress College but I don't see it anymore. I usually drive my X to school now but I used to take my GSX instead. It's tires are bald and it has a coolant leak so I haven't driven it lately until I fix those issues so the X has been on full duty. Not that I'm complaining:biggrin:

mountaineer62

Reaction score
I installed the Eclipse AVN6600. Great plug and play HU and I got to keep the steering wheel controls. Paid $1300 2 months ago on e-bay nib.

XDsm

Reaction score
I installed the Eclipse AVN6600. Great plug and play HU and I got to keep the steering wheel controls. Paid $1300 2 months ago on e-bay nib.

That's a steal for that headunit. Very nice piece of hardware. I would have gone with Eclipse if I hadn't got such a good deal on the Pioneer. I ended up picking up the PAC convertor to retain the steering wheel controls. I love them too much to get rid of them.

Rodboy

Reaction score
i know ill be getting the alpine double din

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Don't have an XR yet :frown:

But I've got a Sony XAVA-1 in my Honda Element
No nav, but has a lot of features if you’re looking to add on monitors and other stuff

RedX

Reaction score
If any one could help me out that would be awesome. Im looking at getting a 7" dd dvd nav system, but I have know idea which one to get. What are the better brands of the flap screen, for around $900-$1300. I know Pioneer, Eclipse, and Alpine; but which one.:dontknow: Thanks

XDsm

Reaction score
If any one could help me out that would be awesome. Im looking at getting a 7" dd dvd nav system, but I have know idea which one to get. What are the better brands of the flap screen, for around $900-$1300. I know Pioneer, Eclipse, and Alpine; but which one.:dontknow: Thanks

Pioneer AVIC-D3 around $1k
h130DEHP390-F_dg.jpeg

Eclipse AVN5500 around $1k-1,200
h099AVN5500-f_ft.jpeg

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
I want the D3 sooooo bad :frown:

:dito: i was gonna get the D3 then someones car got broken into in my area amd it made me think twice ...

1. my truck is always parked outside
2. they take the Unit ... easy 900+ for them

so im getting this one ... its a new Pioneer Single DIN ... Satellite USB And IPOD Ready :)

338834008DEH-P690UB_UC-Large.jpg

bcutshall

Reaction score
i am getting the Eclipse AVN6610 this week. If you get it from an authorized dealer and if it is installed by an authorized dealer then Eclipse will replace it if stolen for 1 year plus you get the 3 year warranty.

vinnieb0i

Reaction score
hey bcutshall, how bouts i steal it form you within tat one year period?? :biggrin:

lenie03

Reaction score
i am getting the Eclipse AVN6610 this week. If you get it from an authorized dealer and if it is installed by an authorized dealer then Eclipse will replace it if stolen for 1 year plus you get the 3 year warranty.

hey how much are they charging you for the 6610? If you dont mind saying.

lucke

Reaction score
you'll love it.

here is my AVN6610
nav%20003.jpg

Top Bottom