Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whos sitting at 500+ and...

X-roller

Reaction score
not necessarily... a gt30 would be fairly good on 10 psi... you would be around 350+ and if he really wanted to he could do around 13-14 psi and get around 400+.... if it's a legit gt3076 then he should see around 350+ on 10 psi and 400+ on 13-14 psi.... the 35r that toon is running puts down around 340 on 6 psi un tuned.... I think he will get close to 400 on 8 psi.

JFrame

Reaction score
im thinking for twins but with the gt30's could you not make the same power with less boost then with the gt28's therefore having a cooler intake charge making things more efficient?

Wouldn't twins produce more heat just because now you have two extra components producing heat?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Why I had originally asked was I'm interested in putting down more power in my truck and it seems like for the money turbo is going to net the best results if you can find someone who can do a good custom job.

Well...I found a local shop that is well known in the area and was talking to them about doing a setup for the X and they wanted to know what power I wanted out of this thing and I didn't even know what to say back....all of it?!?! Lol. I wasn't sure what numbers to even shoot for without having to replace all my internals. In time I plan to do gears, trans, clutch and what not but just can't afford to do everything at once.

I would go with Torspd's advice and keep it to the 400HP range on stock internals. Is there still danger in doubling the stock output? Absolutely, but its been tested numerous times, and there have been many people successfully putting down 400HP on stock internals. A solid and safe tune is going to be the number one goal when you're dealing with that kind of power increase. One bad run with some serious knock and the fun is all going to be over.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
If you want power do a ls1 swap. The price to build a 1gr is stupid and they don't last.

do you have facts to back that up? I'm sure there are of plenty of 1GR's out there that will last as long as your ls1.

hotrodt

Reaction score
do you have facts to back that up? I'm sure there are of plenty of 1GR's out there that will last as long as your ls1.

I'm sure there are plenty that can last as long....but none can last as long as a ls and make the power an ls can. we can have a built ls making 6-900hp and be a daily driven motor that will last as long as tune is on point. also only take $4-5k to do it.

hotrodt

Reaction score
all a ls9 is. is a 6.2l which is a ls3 with a sc. so just by a ls3 and tt it

BradyT88

Reaction score
all a ls9 is. is a 6.2l which is a ls3 with a sc. so just by a ls3 and tt it

Yeah that would probably be the cheaper way to go. haha, but what are the differences between the LS1 and the LS6? Aren't they both 5.7L? (I don't know my motors very well, I'm just going off of what I have researched recently, so sorry if I am wrong there, just learning as I go:D)

X-roller

Reaction score
I'm sure there are plenty that can last as long....but none can last as long as a ls and make the power an ls can. we can have a built ls making 6-900hp and be a daily driven motor that will last as long as tune is on point. also only take $4-5k to do it.

:laugh:....................................................................................... i'm not even gonna say anything on this subject....... I can already tell what type of person you are by that comment....

4725948.jpg

if you really think an ls=god then you should really go do some research... lol.... seriously... you think an ls is the only engine out there that is reliable at high horse power??? ANY DAMN ENGINE can be reliable at any horsepower as long as the tune is set properly and it's built to handle those specs.... if it's still street legal then more than likely it's going to last as long as you want it too.... if it's built right it doesn't matter if its an eco tec motor with forged internals that thing is going to last.... oh you built yours and put je pistons in it? great so did we! Now put it this way no car will last if you beat on it whether it's an ls or a 2jz.... you gotta pay to play... your ls isn't putting down 600 hp every day everywhere you go... you use it when you wanna have fun... so as long as the engine stays out of it's power band then any engine will last for quite some time and you still can have fun with it...

Last edited:

hotrodt

Reaction score
if it were possible for a gr to make 600hp and live...say with a turbo. the block itself won't take it....unless you spend gobs of money to close the deck. 600 hp on a ls is easily made w only minor mods and a turbo...nothing to block or bottom end except rod bolts.....I know ANY motor can be built to handle any amount of power....but not everyone is jay leno....we aren't made of money. and as far as you perception on "what type of person I am" your far off buddy....its been

and by my statement saying none....meaning the 1gr....I am not saying the ls is the best most reliable engine in the world....just comparing between the two...

Last edited:

X-roller

Reaction score
if it were possible for a gr to make 600hp and live...say with a turbo. the block itself won't take it....unless you spend gobs of money to close the deck. 600 hp on a ls is easily made w only minor mods and a turbo...nothing to block or bottom end except rod bolts.....I know ANY motor can be built to handle any amount of power....but not everyone is jay leno....we aren't made of money. and as far as you perception on "what type of person I am" your far off buddy....its been

and by my statement saying none....meaning the 1gr....I am not saying the ls is the best most reliable engine in the world....just comparing between the two...

"It's been..." Lol. Cool story man. :top: well I would still have to disagree. I think the 1gr can handle its own when put up to the test of reliability.... Even heavily modded ones.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

Actually, that is an incorrect statement about a 1GR block and 600 hp.

The twin turbo XR built by PSI racing, once they put a block in with Arias pistons and Pauter rods, has been proven at ~630whp+ on E85 and 28 psi. Small old journal bearing Turbonetics turbos. Could have been a little larger and newer with BB, and it would have made better power.

hotrodt

Reaction score
^is this on the stock block or has it been closed in? I stand corrected if this perhaps is the case. I didn't say its not possible....just a lot harder and more expensive to make it handle the big power.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock block. ARP head studs, cometic gaskets, open deck and unchanged factory sleeves.

310304_265875516787150_100000941100714_750098_1796083319_n.jpg

not necessarily... a gt30 would be fairly good on 10 psi... you would be around 350+ and if he really wanted to he could do around 13-14 psi and get around 400+.... if it's a legit gt3076 then he should see around 350+ on 10 psi and 400+ on 13-14 psi.... the 35r that toon is running puts down around 340 on 6 psi un tuned.... I think he will get close to 400 on 8 psi.

This right there is why I said a "properly sized turbo." For the HP range one is looking for, at the least psi.

Last edited:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score

ok lets review LS motors have been around for 15-20 years so obviously they have had time to prove reliability the 1GR has been here since 05 and only been used in a handful of platforms (all of which are trucks). Also you can't seriously make that statement how many 1GR's are out there that are putting down anything north of 600whp? You're comparing apples and oranges my friend. I'm surprised no one has done a 302 build you wanna talk about reliable proven power, engine has been laying power down since the 60's and they are one of the simplest engines to work on.

BradyT88

Reaction score
Stock block. ARP head studs, cometic gaskets, open deck and unchanged factory sleeves.

This right there is why I said a "properly sized turbo." For the HP range one is looking for, at the least psi.

I can haz?:biggrin:

Deuce

Reaction score
ok lets review LS motors have been around for 15-20 years so obviously they have had time to prove reliability the 1GR has been here since 05 and only been used in a handful of platforms (all of which are trucks). Also you can't seriously make that statement how many 1GR's are out there that are putting down anything north of 600whp? You're comparing apples and oranges my friend. I'm surprised no one has done a 302 build you wanna talk about reliable proven power, engine has been laying power down since the 60's and they are one of the simplest engines to work on.

An Lsx is just as simple as a 302 but with much better sealing and way more performance potential and they have been around for 15 years as they came out in 1997 vettes . As for the 1gr it's a truck motor and doesn't even rev over 5600 rpm with 4 valve heads and it's under square so it's not much of a revver anyway and I am unsure of how well our 1gr heads flow but that is where power is decided at most....throw enough dough at it and I'm sure you could make 600@ the tire :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score

false, they came out in 03... The 4Runner got em in 03 when they switched over to the 4th gens. :top:

so, psi racing's truck had stock block????? i though it has forged rods, pistons...etc...:hmmmm2:

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
false, they came out in 03... The 4Runner got em in 03 when they switched over to the 4th gens. :top:

so, psi racing's truck had stock block????? i though it has forged rods, pistons...etc...:hmmmm2:

When I said "factory block", I was strictly referring to the block itself. As in no aftermarket sleeves. It had Arias pistons and I think Pauter rods. Might have had a different brand of rods. I thought I mentioned that though? Maybe not.

Top Bottom