Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who's X will be the next to go?

shaX 07

Reaction score
So we've all seen some long time and faithful XR owners selling or trading in their trucks lately, so I ask who else out there is considering going a different route?

Any of you who are considering something else, please post up your story so we can intervene :top:

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I'm considering but likely not to happen anytime soon due to finances and attachment to my truck, I'm really trying to figure a way to keep the X too. I'm really wanting an STi

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
So we've all seen some long time and faithful XR owners selling or trading in their trucks lately, so I ask who else out there is considering going a different route?

Any of you who are considering something else, please post up your story so we can intervene :top:

Weren't the tables turned less than 6 months ago? :laugh: Glad to see the enthusiasm:top:

Murderface

Reaction score
I keep getting calls from Toyota saying they want to buy my truck back. I would love to ditch my X for an exact body but auto and 4x4 08'. Got a baby coming June 19th and I think if I don't do it soon I'll never be able to. Just sucks cause I finally got a track bar and I can't take that or the SS drop with me to the 4x4. Decisions decisions.

I'm pretty sure I won't take to big a hit on my X cause I got it for about 6k under any other x for that year and mileage at the time I bought it plus I paid cash so I owe nothing! Maybe I'll swing by a toyo dealer and see what they offer me?

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Mine is going unless there is a to/tranny recall that will suit my needs.....Ive been looking at dubcabs, acura nsx's(dream car, but most likely a wetdream) and a few older mini trucks.....**** this tranny/To... I still want to get an older truck and build it up from the ground up....Carbureated FTW!

ACE OF SPADE X

Reaction score
Mine is going unless there is a to/tranny recall that will suit my needs.....Ive been looking at dubcabs, acura nsx's(dream car, but most likely a wetdream) and a few older mini trucks.....**** this tranny/To... I still want to get an older truck and build it up from the ground up....Carbureated FTW!

im with you on that if a nice bagged out chevy 1500 or a 2000 tacoma bagged out came my way i would prolly say bye to the x ... but untill then im stickin wit the x

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I had an appointment this with a dealer in Palm Beach to check out a M35 but my throwout bearing started up again on Thursday. Just completely shat on my trade-in value :laugh: I might go anyway, lol

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I keep getting calls from Toyota saying they want to buy my truck back. I would love to ditch my X for an exact body but auto and 4x4 08'.

Maybe I'll swing by a toyo dealer and see what they offer me?
I'm getting ready to make a thread about this; well, something similar to this^^^...

Keep your eyes on the Recalls/Updates section:top:

shaX 07

Reaction score

I'm kinda in the same boat as you man, my TO seems to be a continuous issue and I have a slight 5th gear grind that i'm not sure if the dealer will fix...

If I was fully confident in the quality of this tranny I probably wouldn't even consider getting something else, but my powertrain warranty ends this coming July so I am starting to get worried..

I like the thought of having no car payment, and if I keep my truck I can pay it off this year (owe $7k now).

I think my next step needs to be putting in some MT-90 to see if that resolves my grind.. If not, it's going to the dealer some time in the near future.. If they don't do anything than it will probably just get traded for an EVO or STi..

Weren't the tables turned less than 6 months ago? :laugh: Glad to see the enthusiasm:top:

I'm trying to stay with it, but if you read my prior post about tranny concerns, you'll see why i'm skeptical :thumpdown:

Last edited:

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score

odyseus are common enough :biggrin:

lvxr

Reaction score
when i clicked on this thread i thought it was "who's next to crash their X" seems like x's are going downhill lately :thumpdown:

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Mine is paid off in a yr! Already had to pay for a new tranny once, now the t/o is going to crap! Still don't plan on getting rid of it! Ill just buy a 4banger or something to drive around and slowly do more to the truck! Unless something happens to it I'll prob never get rid of it! Its my baby! Wish it were faster but still love it!

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I can say that I really love my truck but between finances and the fact that the power possibilities aren't super makes me wonder sometimes if I was better of w/my 5.3 silverado but then again I had to put a new tranny into it right before I sold it, go figure.

TRD-X

Reaction score
I sold my fast 08 X, but I got a new lamo slow one.:laugh::laugh:

X-roller

Reaction score
Enthusiast - one who is ardently attached to a cause, object, or pursuit.......... I don't understand all the complaints about the tranny and to bearing.... My second gear is completely shot.... but i'm a true xrunner enthusiast..... EVERY car in the world is going to have issues....... name a any car that is decently priced around our prices and I bet you I can name a severe issue with that vehicle. I'm keeping the X till the wheels fall off.... and when they do... i'm gonna weld some new ones back on....

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Thanks for the definition......Guess noone else knew that here....Problem isn't that every vehicle has an issue, but its that the frivolous issue shouldn't occur. Personally this truck is the second least most problematic vehicle Ive ever had. Aside from the stupid T/o bearing and tranny issues, its been a fun truck. But also as people grow up, their needs tend to change as well.....I find myself obsessing about every little scratch, knick, bump, on the truck when I shouldn't. I'm a low maintenance kinda guy and I like my no maintenance kinda vehicles..... 4x4 is where it's at!

ntinhri

Reaction score
not married to mine... Could be gone if I get the ich

Top Bottom