Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wider tires on stock rims?

rich017

Reaction score
So you guys would recommend the Nitto invos over the S-drives or the Hankook v12 evos? Thanks again

The S-drives are nothing special...

The Hankook V12 Evos are also a really good tire and for the price and performance you get, they are rated better than the PS2's because the performance of them is up there with the PS2's. Another awesome up tire is the Continental ExtremeContact DW (NOT the DWS). It is an amazing tire too.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
The S-drives are nothing special...

The Hankook V12 Evos are also a really good tire and for the price and performance you get, they are rated better than the PS2's because the performance of them is up there with the PS2's. Another awesome up tire is the Continental ExtremeContact DW (NOT the DWS). It is an amazing tire too.

Hmmm, :hmmmm2:Soo many choices I just don't know yet. I don't need the tires yet so I'll keep reading more reviews. :dontknow:

STONER-X

Reaction score
We can get Invo's at Discount Tire.

What's wrong with your current tires

it looks to me that cause the tire is so wide that it almost looks like the tread is separating.... i think it has to do with the large bulge created...

rich017

Reaction score
it looks to me that cause the tire is so wide that it almost looks like the tread is separating.... i think it has to do with the large bulge created...

Did you purchase Certs also? That's the free replacement if anything were to happen to the tire. If you do, then I would take it in and have them look at it. We do get cars that have tires only a few months old and we replace all of them because they purchased certs and the tires were bad.

Hmmm, :hmmmm2:Soo many choices I just don't know yet. I don't need the tires yet so I'll keep reading more reviews. :dontknow:

Whether you pick the Invo's, continental DW or the Hankook V12's, you will not be disappointed. They are all great tires

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
dude continental's are dog $$$$ those tires wear improperly all the
time they also start to crack quickly or dry rot I used to work changing tires all day long Cooper if your willing to pay for them makes a very good tire ask ketchup he has the zeon sport on his truck and the thing handles unbelievably well and has good traction on take offs just a heads up!

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Rick017 - Do you still have the KDW2's? And you wouldn't buy them again? I think I'm kind of leaning towards the Invos right now but in Canada there is plenty of time before I need to break out the summer tires.

darthyota

Reaction score
Rick017 - Do you still have the KDW2's? And you wouldn't buy them again? I think I'm kind of leaning towards the Invos right now but in Canada there is plenty of time before I need to break out the summer tires.

Ask czar_Dom what he thinks of the inovos he has them and is in Edmonton so he could tell you how they are on our shitty Canadian roads

STONER-X

Reaction score
Did you purchase Certs also? That's the free replacement if anything were to happen to the tire. If you do, then I would take it in and have them look at it. We do get cars that have tires only a few months old and we replace all of them because they purchased certs and the tires were bad.

ya i havve the tire certs.... i went up there to get a second oppion and the guy said the tires were fine.... he said the cracks are caused by the sun and normal ware.... the cracks were nothing big by any means and all the tires have them.... sooooooo

anyways i have 30K on these tires i guess many people dont have them last that long either......

probably in another 10k or so im gonna need new ones.... but by then i should have found a place to widen my rims.....

TegoXR

Reaction score
Just purchased a set of the Hankook V12 275-40R18 for my stock wheels...hopefully ill be able to post some pics soon!

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Just purchased a set of the Hankook V12 275-40R18 for my stock wheels...hopefully ill be able to post some pics soon!

Is the weather in Ontario that good that you can put summer tires on right now? Did you buy them off of the internet or from a local store?

TegoXR

Reaction score
No we wish! We just got hit by 15-20cm of snow overnight...mine is in storage until spring/summer. I bought it off Direct Discount Tire, they offer free shipping and you pay all your taxes/duties and etc up front. A set of four shipped to my door $908usd = $916cdn...same tires here in Canada....over $1300cdn.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
No we wish! We just got hit by 15-20cm of snow overnight...mine is in storage until spring/summer. I bought it off Direct Discount Tire, they offer free shipping and you pay all your taxes/duties and etc up front. A set of four shipped to my door $908usd = $916cdn...same tires here in Canada....over $1300cdn.

Thanks for the info. :adore:I think I'm going to buy my next summer tires off of Direct Discount Tire, here in Canada tires are over priced. I still haven't decided between the Invos or the hankook v12's. Calgary's weather is pretty cold... I think Thursday is going to be -28 C. :canada:How much was duties? I think I read somewhere that tires have a low rate of duties, but I might be wrong.

TegoXR

Reaction score
It was about $160 for taxes and duties, you're better off buying it from Direct Discount Tires, you pay your taxes/duties up front. So when you receive your tires, you don't pay a dime!

Thanks for the info. :adore:I think I'm going to buy my next summer tires off of Direct Discount Tire, here in Canada tires are over priced. I still haven't decided between the Invos or the hankook v12's. Calgary's weather is pretty cold... I think Thursday is going to be -28 C. :canada:How much was duties? I think I read somewhere that tires have a low rate of duties, but I might be wrong.
HANKOOKS!!!!!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...mparison_tests/hankook_ventus_v12_evo_page_10

And the Invos:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...chelin_ps2-comparison_tests/nitto_invo_page_4

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
It was about $160 for taxes and duties, you're better off buying it from Direct Discount Tires, you pay your taxes/duties up front. So when you receive your tires, you don't pay a dime!

HANKOOKS!!!!!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...mparison_tests/hankook_ventus_v12_evo_page_10

And the Invos:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...chelin_ps2-comparison_tests/nitto_invo_page_4

I think I'm leaning towards the Hankooks now. I'll probably end up shipping them to my brother in NYC and then get him so send them over as a gift :rock: The invos look awesome and are pretty wide, but from the review it looks like the Hankook is an all around better tire. Do you have any pics of them?

Emanon

Reaction score
Crikey that is a lot of tire for the OE wheel.

Recently read an opinion on another forum that Evo 12s are great tires but their sidewall is a little soft. After running Evos for over a year I would agree besides that they have held up fairly well.

Top Bottom