Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wire splices for Gentex Mirror install?

Edgeman

Reaction score
Have mirror, will travel.

Searched the FAQ section of the board but didn't see a Gentex mirror install.

Most of the installation (like routing the wires through the overhead & down the A-pillar) is fairly straight forward, but wondered what were the best circuits (identified wires by color) to tap into...and where. I don't have a wiring diagram for our trucks, so it will be hit & miss as I go through the wires with a voltmeter looking for possible candidates (constant power/switched).

Would prefer to install it on a circuit that's either not essential (cigarette lighter) or will cause minimal impact if the fuse blows. Heck, would prefer to have a dedicated circuit...any tips on the easiest way to set that up?

TIA!
:hmmmm2:

X-Caliber

Reaction score
To add a dedicated curcuit all you really have to do is splice in a fuse holder (Or make one, K2 has a sticky on it somewhere). they sell them almost anywhere that has a decent car electronic section.

I dont really know what mirror your talking about, but alot of wiring diagrams can be found on google (ex. "power inverter diagram 2005 tacoma" when I was doing the PS2 glovebox mod). It just takes a little digging.

Good luck :crinklehair: maybe someone else has a little more info for ya.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
So many, and I can't tell you what is the best. Just make sure the connectors you are using are for the size wire you are working with. I like the in line connectors best. They let u connect a wire without cutting it. I know lots says it’s not the best connection, but we’re not talking about high voltage or vitally important wires. Hope is all works out for you brotha. Wanna see finished product.... I have used some butt splices, but really hard to tell sometimes if they are not gonna pull out. Most will tell you that soldering is the best answer. With tape over or heat wrap.
557%20(BOXED).jpg

Coupe

Reaction score
There is power in the overhead console. You can get your power there. I did not run my connections down the a pillar.

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I wish I could help, but I hate electrical work :ahhhhh:

rich017

Reaction score
In the overhead console.

Use a voltmeter to find a wire were there is only power with the key on the On position. I use my voltmeter for anything and it is a must for people who do anything electrical

Top Bottom