Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Working on a new grille in autocadd

Trick61

Reaction score
I just recived the parts from the laser cutter i had them cut out of steel for the test set the next ones will be out of 304 stainless and im debating if i should do a set with anodized red, blue, black, silver hex head aluminum bolts pan head. 16 bolts around the upper or so.

here are the parts everything fits great!!

DSCF3638.jpg

DSCF3640.jpg

DSCF3642.jpg

Rough fit rattle can for now to prevent rust till all the tabs are welded on

825d5400.jpg

Looking good brah! Keep us updated. I would def be interested.

livinginsa

Reaction score
I really like the big holes because one can see through the mesh. I like it cause people can see through there and see the extra cooler for the boosted engines. Not trying to rain on you but since the holes are so big, won't a lot of the bugs go right through the mesh and get intangled in the radiator? Probably doesn't matter, just a little more cleanup in the radiator area.

takdrifter

Reaction score
The 2010 grill is the same way with bigger holes I'm sure it is going to happen!!! Just don't know the extent of it the holes are .5 tall and .75 long so they ar not too big

X-Caliber

Reaction score
You could always put on a screen off a old door and zip tie it to the grille on the backside, that way on shows you can just remove it?

takdrifter

Reaction score
Any price quotes from the laser cutters?

yes between the 3 there was a huge difference in pricing same file 3 very different prices i wont be talking about a group buy till it is aproved and i finalize how the grille will look i might be doing a bolt together instead of the welded one that way you can pick the color of anodized bolts ie. RED BLACK BLUE BRONZE SILVER

Scarface

Reaction score
Let's see that end result! And yes,sadly bolt one would probably be a better idea... more ideal in alot of our situations.

azburnin

Reaction score
I like this man, this is a definitely good. Yeah it'll def need to be a cut and and screw like the other for sale grilles out there. Simplicity will make you more sales for sure. Keep up the good work, i'm interested in this.

takdrifter

Reaction score
I like this man, this is a definitely good. Yeah it'll def need to be a cut and and screw like the other for sale grilles out there. Simplicity will make you more sales for sure. Keep up the good work, i'm interested in this.

Thank you if I decide to sell them it will be a finished product, meaning I would do all the welding and fab all you guys would have to do is mount it like a finished mx grille!

takdrifter

Reaction score
here it is Im not sure if i will add the side triangle pieces yet..... i like the semi flat paint over the gloss it matches the plastic better!!

_MG_0769.jpg

_MG_0766.jpg

_MG_0779.jpg

azburnin

Reaction score
yeah you need to paint the sides of the cooler man, lol. Yeah the side triangles with this design at least are coinciding. When you change design then of course the triangle will most def need to come out.

takdrifter

Reaction score
yeah you need to paint the sides of the cooler man, lol. Yeah the side triangles with this design at least are coinciding. When you change design then of course the triangle will most def need to come out.

Yea i may paint the cooler not sure yet? i have the triangles done im building a bend template for them now because they have a weird bend to them on all 3 axis of the triangles so as soon as thats done i will install them. i just want to make its easyier to reproduce.

Top Bottom