Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Flywheel and Clutch install

Tapp

Reaction score
Nice write up man!!!! i know who im callin when i replace mine!:top:

X-roller

Reaction score
the only thing I would add is to those that don't have an air tool.... all you will need is a breaker bar to break those bolts loose on the flywheel and a breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt to hold the flywheel from spinning and that is how you will break them loose. :top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
If u don't have air, its a great time to visit harbor freight. Lol

rav-o-nation

Reaction score
You can take off the TOB a lot easier than messing with the clips. the fork just comes right off just give it a tug on the ball mount side on it comes right off pull of old TO put on new TOB easy. done this twice so far and going to put in a new TOB next month the over sized one i hope that one works a lot better

turbomach1

Reaction score
Great write up. Is there a pilot bearing in the flywheel? Stealership said that it didn't have one.

AFP520

Reaction score
Great write up. Is there a pilot bearing in the flywheel? Stealership said that it didn't have one.
I believe we do not have a pilot bearing.

If I buy a clutch and flywheel who wants to help install? :biggrin:

Lynxshd

Reaction score
You do not need to bleed the clutch when changing it. You just unbolt the slave cylinder from the side of the bell housing and let it hang there.

If you don't open the system you don't need to bleed it.

But,,,, if you do want to bleed it, it is very simple. Jack the rear of the truck up as high as you can get it and then crack the bleeder screw. It will gravity bleed and run out. With the back up the truck up in the air the bleeder screw port will be the highest part of the slave cylinder so what ever air is in the system will get pushed out. Just let it drain for a while and close it off.

Make real sure that you do not allow the brake master reservoir run low!!!

Gadget

How do you know when all the air is out? and when you say the bleed screw are you referring to the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder?
thanks Gadget.

Top Bottom