Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Fog Light Mod (always on)

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
I did mine the easy way... bought a "mini add-a-circuit" and put it in the 10amp EFI slot, put the 10A fuse in the original circuit slot and put a 5A fuse in the add-a-circuit slot. Crimped a female butt connector on the end of the pigtail and stuck it on the foglight relay. Took all of 2 minutes (at most). Best part, I can easily go back to stock if I want!

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
I did mine the easy way... bought a "mini add-a-circuit" and put it in the 10amp EFI slot, put the 10A fuse in the original circuit slot and put a 5A fuse in the add-a-circuit slot. Crimped a female butt connector on the end of the pigtail and stuck it on the foglight relay. Took all of 2 minutes (at most). Best part, I can easily go back to stock if I want!

Start a new thread, and show pics of how you did this...Please :top: or just show how here

hiflyer

Reaction score
probably like this ;)
found it on one of the forums...
did mine this way as well :rock:

Attachments

• fog_fuse.jpg
    fog_fuse.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,737

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
That's how mine looks except I cut off the connector in the middle and added the female connector directly to the red wire. Thanks for posting the pic hiflyer!

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
I got to do this mob in the next few days....I think it will help with my new HID's.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah I am working on making the high beams better either via 5,000K bulbs and also messing around with the metal shade around the bulb itself.

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
Yeah I am working on making the high beams better either via 5,000K bulbs and also messing around with the metal shade around the bulb itself.

Have Unique whips hook you up....haha. There in NY right? (i have no idea were) Just saw the show tonight...sorry!

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Hmmm... Factory my trucks fogs turn off with the high beams. Nothing to do with the HID kit. Maybe 2005 didnt?

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
Hmmm... Factory my trucks fogs turn off with the high beams. Nothing to do with the HID kit. Maybe 2005 didnt?
nawww, they all work the same factory, but after I put the HID kit in they simply stayed on, hi/lo. Kinda took me by surprise too, I'm guessing that it is just something in the wiring config for the KDG system. Works for me, two birds with one stone...:top:

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
Has anybody done this mod with taking the wire from pin 21 of Junction Block 2A and moved it to pin 13? From what I was reading pin 21 is the red/black wire, you take the pin out and relocate it to pin 13. Pin 13 is empty and only hot with the key on. I'm guessing this only makes sense if you have done this mod. I think it was from TN.

Can you elaborate a little more on this because I removed the fuse box lid and I didn't see any numbers 21 or 13 from a 2A anywhere? I might be blind yes but I just want to do this mod without anyone knowing I did it so this one looked interesting!

Can you take some pics if you did this..

I still might do the removal of the fuse panel and follow that but we'll see.

Cheers

jcool2040

Reaction score
Just got done

I just did mine this way it was easy!!!!! Took no time at all thanks for the info.

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
ok, I have been brainstorming over a method #3. This will only work for those of you who have added the HID kits to your truck. Most HID kits require 1-2 wires to be wired directly to the battery. Very simple way to get FLM without touching Toyotas' wiring at all. Simply wire in a toggle switch on the power wire to the HID kit. If you turn on the headlight switch to the full on position the fogs will work, and turn off when opening the door. Just turn on the toggle switch when you want the headlights to come on. Again they will turn off when opening the door as before. So in essence the toggle controls the Headlights not the fogs. Reverse, backwards engineering by Glen. I await the silly comments from Klint and Steven. :laugh: Ok, I was bored last night...

Stevenredx

Reaction score
ok, I have been brainstorming over a method #3. This will only work for those of you who have added the HID kits to your truck. Most HID kits require 1-2 wires to be wired directly to the battery. Very simple way to get FLM without touching Toyotas' wiring at all. Simply wire in a toggle switch on the power wire to the HID kit. If you turn on the headlight switch to the full on position the fogs will work, and turn off when opening the door. Just turn on the toggle switch when you want the headlights to come on. Again they will turn off when opening the door as before. So in essence the toggle controls the Headlights not the fogs. Reverse, backwards engineering by Glen. I await the silly comments from Klint and Steven. :laugh: Ok, I was bored last night...

You gave me a headache :stupid:

j/k :laugh: nice work :top:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Yeah....... I'm not really sure what went wrong but I tried doing c2's way and as I was on the road the whole truck went C R A Z Y. A bunch of lights started flashing on the dash then they stopped and and I lost ABS, windows, AC, the TPMS light was on, and the parking brake light was on. THEN my alarm started going nuts, so i quickly pull in to a little parking lot and I get a CEL and my throttle doesn't work at all.... I could go all the way to the ground with the gas and it would only rev to like 2 grand. I call my friends up to help and we go back to stock as far as the FLM. We reset the ECU by leaving the battery unplugged which solved the CEL and throttle issue, and it turns out that it was the "IGN 2" fuse that blew under the dash which made me lose ABS, windows, etc.

I don't know how anything could have shorted out because all the wires were covered. My truck is fine now but it sure was scary when it happened lol. :frown:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah....... I'm not really sure what went wrong but I tried doing c2's way and as I was on the road the whole truck went C R A Z Y. A bunch of lights started flashing on the dash then they stopped and and I lost ABS, windows, AC, the TPMS light was on, and the parking brake light was on. THEN my alarm started going nuts, so i quickly pull in to a little parking lot and I get a CEL and my throttle doesn't work at all.... I could go all the way to the ground with the gas and it would only rev to like 2 grand. I call my friends up to help and we go back to stock as far as the FLM. We reset the ECU by leaving the battery unplugged which solved the CEL and throttle issue, and it turns out that it was the "IGN 2" fuse that blew under the dash which made me lose ABS, windows, etc.

I don't know how anything could have shorted out because all the wires were covered. My truck is fine now but it sure was scary when it happened lol. :frown:

WTF dude lol.

Top Bottom