Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: NEW Gauge LED Change

J

JDUB916

I think I read it in here somewhere, but very important, if you don't see them on there is one or more that aren't making good contact, like if you changed one and tested it and it was fine, then u changed another on the same loop circuit and both don't work it's because that last one u just did isn't making contact and it messes up all on that loop circuit.

I may go back and change a few more but I'll wait and see. +BUMP for an awesomely detailed How-To. Anyone in Sac want theirs done, holler

Jerez

Reaction score
im new to this site (im on tacomaworld tho) but if no one offers the swap down here in Southern Cali I do the swaps for the tacomas if anyone is interested...my thread on TW is on my sig below...any questions hit me up over a pm :top:

ps: you all have some clean ass xrunners on here :rockon:

pinktaco

Reaction score
How many led you need?

can you drive around without the gauge hooked up? will that throw everything off?

AFP520

Reaction score
I'm not sure I ever posted a pic of mine. The Florida CT crew had helped me with this right after I bought my truck in 2007. I removed the TPS warning light, seat belt light, and also the buzzer on the back of the cluster (no noise when put in reverse)

Changed the headlight indicator, cruise, and low fuel light to white as well. I left all other colors as they are.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 272

on to the neXt

Reaction score
How many leds for the gauges and then how many for the needles I want to do this bad

indyxr

Reaction score
How many leds for the gauges and then how many for the needles I want to do this bad

just looking in the beginning of this thread where it shows you how to break everything down and it should point it out..... but i believe 10 is needed. 2 for the tach 3 for the speedo. 1 for the coolant temp, 1 for the gas guage and 3 more for the odo. go to the beginning of the thread to get what size LED's you need to order

the needles im not sure. I think they are more involved in changing though :hmmmm2: cant remember

taking everything apart isnt bad but for all the soldering... you might need a lil patience. and BE CAREFUL not to burn or over heat the motherboard.... those instrument clusters are expensive :top:

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
i'm not sure i ever posted a pic of mine. The florida ct crew had helped me with this right after i bought my truck in 2007. I removed the tps warning light, seat belt light, and also the buzzer on the back of the cluster (no noise when put in reverse)

changed the headlight indicator, cruise, and low fuel light to white as well. I left all other colors as they are.

i love this! Soooo purrrty

azjay

Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for the write up, I just finished. This was a big help!

Fulgore2356

Reaction score
I need to replace fuel low light, (burn out) I can use this right up to remove dash board but where is it located thanks.

bangbang

Reaction score
just bought the lights. this prob be the first mod i do when i get back

Top Bottom