Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: OTW Mod - One Touch Windows

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
DISCLAIMER, PLEASE MOD YOUR TRUCK AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM IN NO WAY LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOU ATTEMPTING THIS MOD. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY :top:

Ok so everyone knows that XR's only come stock with auto down on the driver door window which is weak on toyotas end but this will give you auto up and down on both doors. This unit can be used independently or with most aftermarket alarms to crack windows to vent cab, roll up when armed and down when disarmed.

**This write up is for access cab only. You CAN do this on double cabs but i dont have access to one to get the wiring layout for it.

ITEMS NEEDED:
1. "DEI 530T WINDOW AUTOMATION SYSTEM" unit---amazon, ebay or google for a good price
2. Wire cutter/strippers :blurock:
3. Soldering iron/solder.......or butt connectors if you dont want to solder
4. One T-tap connector
5. Small flathead screwdriver
6. Philips screwdriver
7. Drill
8. Heat shrink tubing
9. Self tapping screws to mount unit to door
10. zip ties for wiring

You do NOT have to remove the door panel to install this. At first i had it connected with butt connectors and everything was tucked into the door via the master switch opening but i chose to do it the "right way" lol

First off is to remove the door panel. There are two philips screws and one push pin (i dunno what the exact name for it is) and the triangle panel above the door panel. One screw is behind a small cover just above the door open handle. Use a small flat head screwdriver to lift the cover and remove the screw.

DSC01148.jpg

And the other screw is behind a small cover behind the door pull handle. Use a small flat head screwdriver to life the cover and remove the screw.

DSC01149.jpg

For the push pin.....just push the round center pin in and pull the clip out.

DSC01150.jpg

And in the above pic there is the triangle cover that needs to be removed. Just grab it anywhere and pull it away from the door. There are three small plastic clips that hold it to the door. If they dont come off when the piece is removed then they need to be put back on the cover.

Next is to take out the master switch on the door. Pull up on the end towards the front of the truck then slide it out of the door panel.

DSC01151.jpg

Last thing is to grab the bottom of the door panel and pull away from the door to seperate the plastic clips. If there are any clips that stayed in the door they need to be pulled out and installed back on the door panel and just set the panel aside.

**NEXT IS THE WIRING**

I found out that the wiring is layed out pretty easy in the master switch connector. The bottom 5 wires are for the windows and the wires at the top are for the door locks.

DSC01152.jpg

This is the layout from my 09 XR in the above pic
DRIVER DOOR UP-Blue
DRIVER DOOR DOWN-Blue/Black stripe
PASSENGER DOOR UP-Blue/Yellow stripe
PASSENGER DOOR DOWN-Black
12v ACCESSORY-Pink

There are 12 wires from the 530T unit that you will use without an aftermarket alarm. I didnt use the wires for an alarm so i wont cover that part in the write up.

Once you cut a wire you will have two ends...one on the switch side and one on the motor side. Each end will be connected to a wire on the 530T unit.

Truck----------------------------------------------------------------------530T
Driver up-Blue-SWITCH SIDE------------------------------------------Light gauge brown wire
Driver down-Blue/Black stripe-SWITCH SIDE--------------------------Light gauge white wire​

Driver up-Blue-MOTOR SIDE-------------------------------------Heavy gauge blue wire
Driver down-Blue/Black stripe-MOTOR SIDE-------------------------Heavy gauge green wire​

Passenger up-Blue/Yellow stripe-SWITCH SIDE--------Light gauge Brown/Black stripe wire
Passenger down-Black-SWITCH SIDE-----------------Light gauge White/Black stripe wire​

Passenger up-Blue/Yellow stripe-MOTOR SIDE----------Heavy gauge Blue/Black stripe wire
Passenger down-Black-MOTOR SIDE-------------------Heavy gauge Green/Black stripe wire​

Ground--------------------------------------------------------------------Heavy gauge Violet wire
Ground------------------------------------------------------Heavy gauge Violet/Black stripe wire
Ground---------------------------------------------------------------------Heavy gauge Black wire
12v Accessory on switch-Pink-Ttap connector-----------------Heavy gauge 20amp fused Red wire​

I used a self tapping screw to ground the three wires to the door frame. You can use one of the factory bolts but i personally didnt do it.​

DSC01153.jpg

Last thing to do is to mount the unit to the door frame. The spot i mounted mine seems to be the best place to mount it to the door frame. You can use double sided tape to mount it to the door panel but it might rattle or come loose.​

DSC01156.jpg

After you have everything wired up and mounted you can reinstall the door panel and enjoy your one touch windows mod :top:​

MODDING CONTINUED-- KEY FOB AUTO UP AND DOWN WINDOWS

ITEMS NEEDED--
1. (2) PAC AUDIO TR7 UNIVERSAL TRIGGER OUTPUT MODULES.... 1 FOR UP, AND 1 FOR DOWN
2. WIRE TAPS
3. 4FT OF SPEAKER WIRE
4. "ADD A CIRCUIT" FUSE TAP
5. WIRE "FISHING" TOOL
6. VELCRO TO MOUNT TR7 MODULES

DSC01159.jpg

I wanted to have the auto up and down feature for a while but i also wanted to take it a step further by adding the ability to control the windows from outside the car. To do this I used the TR7 to watch for door lock pulses. This way when you lock or unlock the car the TR7 will read the number of pulses and then output a constant + and - signal. We use the - signal to the 530t and the + signal to the door locks. As you can see i only got one for now to see if the mod even worked but i will get another TR7 now that it works great

For this add-on mod you will need to install the DEI 530T for this to work. And you have to connect the 530T power wire to a 12v constant wire instead of the 12v accessory wire in the write up above. This willl allow you to roll the windows up from your stock key fob when you lock the doors from outside the truck. And it will also roll both the windows up if your in the truck just by pressing the lock switch twice if inside the truck.

Here are the instructions to program the "lock TR7".....the process is the basically the same thing for the second "unlock TR7" but the differences are explained below. I just popped the hood and used my truck battery to program it. You need to hook up the power and ground first before doing anything. Then you use the brown wire to "pulse" a negative input.

1. Switch programming switch to on and hook up power and ground.
2. Pulse Brown wire to - 15 times to indicate option 15. Unit will slow flash 15x.
3. Pulse Brown wire 2x to indicate 2 pulse input. Unit will flash 2x. (this will be 3 for the second TR7).
3. Pulse Brown one time after flash to continue to inputting time.
4. Unit will flash once very quickly. Ignore this one as it is for the minute place on the timer. X:xx
5. Unit will flash 2x quickly again you ignore this one as it is for the 10 sec place. x:Xx
6. Unit will flash 3x quickly for single secs. Now u will pulse the brown 5 times for 5 secs. x:xX
7. Unit will flash a bunch more times indicating programming is complete. Disconnect power and turn programming switch off.

You are now ready to test. If you hook up the power leads and pulse the brown to - you will see the light on the box come on for 5 secs and you should see a - and + signal on the outputs during that time.

TR-7 Instructions
http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_010505.pdf

Ok now we are ready to install the TR7.

You need to tap the red wire from the TR7s to the 530T harness between the fuse and 530T for more safety. Do the same for the black wire and tap the 530T harness anywhere.

DSC01169.jpg

For the Lock TR7 you will tap the door lock wire which is Blue/Red stripe. If you are unsure of this take out your multimeter and lock/unlock the doors. You should see it jump to +12v momentarily when pressing lock. Tap the Green wire from the TR7 to this wire.
DSC01163.jpg

For the unlock TR7 you will tap the door lock wire which is Blue/Black stripe. If you are unsure of this take out your multimeter and lock/unlock the doors. You should see it jump to +12v momentarily when pressing lock. Tap the Green wire from the TR7 to this wire.

DSC01170.jpg

Next you will hook up the - output (White) from the Lock TR-7 to the orange wire for the 530t.
DSC01162.jpg

Then you will hook up the - output (White) from the unock TR-7 to the Red/White striped wire for the 530t.

DSC01171.jpg

Now for the 12v constant wire i ran the speaker wire from inside the door to the cab and used an add a curcuit tap into the "power outlet" fuse. This will be way easier to do with a wire "fishing" tool to pull the wire through the rubber cover thats between the door and cab.
DSC01164.jpg

Under the dash behind the kick panel
DSC01167.jpg

The rubber part between the door and cab
DSC01166.jpg

DSC01165.jpg

With all of the above done this is the outcome.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6epvbZtr4sw

Last edited:

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
Awesome write up bro. This is definently a future mod for my to do list.

Xrunner Drifter

Reaction score
Dam Bro,
This is an good write up. Another mod for the Christmas list.

Scarface

Reaction score
So passenger doesn't have auto control? Just regular function for them?

SSSXR

Reaction score

I'm sure you would have to install another unit in the passenger door for their control to function the same

p.s. gj babyboi, this mod is gangsta. consider it done on my truck.

p.p.s. here's another mod we need to work on: on my friends audi, if he hits the lock button on his key fob once, then hits it again and holds it, all his windows roll up. when he hits the unlock button once, then again and holds it all his windows roll down.

so if you were walking away and noticed your window was left down you just need to pull out your key fob. likewise if it was a hot day, you could roll down your windows as you're walking towards your truck to air it out a little.

if this is possible, it needs to happen. lol.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Scarface said:

The instructions say if you want to have the auto up and down feature from the passenger switch you have to run two wires from the unit in the driver door to the passenger door.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
It is possible and with this unit! Just need to have a viper alarm to go with it! I have had this unit sitting in the box for a while now I just need to get it in!!

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
hottacoX said:
It is possible and with this unit! Just need to have a viper alarm to go with it! I have had this unit sitting in the box for a while now I just need to get it in!!

I'm sure you know this already but there are three wires for an aftermarket alarm that I didn't use that work the windows from the key fob.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the keyless entry?? If so I'll see if I can come up with something.

Last edited:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure you know this already but there are three wires for an aftermarket alarm that I didn't use that work the windows from the key fob.

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the keyless entry?? If so I'll see if I can come up with something.

Yeah I can set one of the functions to crack the windows, another function to roll em down. When I hit lock it automatically rolls the up or if I choose it will roll them down wheni hit unlock.

Too many wicked options with viper! Right now function 1 on my remote pops my speedsturr:top:

nice write up btw, I hope it's similar for 05-08

SSSXR

Reaction score
Yeah I can set one of the functions to crack the windows, another function to roll em down. When I hit lock it automatically rolls the up or if I choose it will roll them down wheni hit unlock.

Too many wicked options with viper! Right now function 1 on my remote pops my speedsturr:top:

nice write up btw, I hope it's similar for 05-08

thats baller status...

someone figure this out for those without a viper alarm. otherwise i guess im buying one.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
SSSXR said:
thats baller status...

someone figure this out for those without a viper alarm. otherwise i guess im buying one.

I'm in the process of doing some research right now and I think I found it.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I found an additional unit that I can add to the 530T to roll the windows up and down from the stock key fob without an aftermarket alarm. I have a previous debt to a member to take care of then I will get the additional unit. If everything works out with the install I will add to the write up.

SSSXR

Reaction score
I found an additional unit that I can add to the 530T to roll the windows up and down from the stock key fob without an aftermarket alarm. I have a previous debt to a member to take care of then I will get the additional unit. If everything works out with the install I will add to the write up.
:yesss: .

Last edited:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Nice bro, so im thinking order me one and you come install it for me lol

Top Bottom