Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: OTW Mod - One Touch Windows

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
x20Runner05 said:
Nice bro, so im thinking order me one and you come install it for me lol

I can do that.

Ok so a good friend of mine just pulled the trigger on the additional unit for me so I should have it hopefully by early next week. I will keep everyone updated on this once it's installed.

One thing to add that I forgot to mention is that two of these additional units are required to have the auto up and down key fob feature...one unit for key fob auto up and one unit for key fob auto down. The units are pretty cheap in price but has ALOT of features for connecting different things for different purposes.

Last edited:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I got the additional unit in today and I'm about to install it. If everything works out then I'll add it to this. Stay tuned....

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Unit is installed and works PERFECTLY!!!! I'm uploading the pics and vid....I'm just trying to decide if I should add it to this write up or make another so it doesn't get overlooked in this and just link this write up to the new one......

SSSXR

Reaction score
this is sick man props for doing it. i know how much time doing write ups like this takes especially programming those modules. mucho respect.

I'm going to do these mods for sure. the only thing that bugs me is if i get a second module for the windows open on unlock. because right now hitting unlock twice opens both doors open instead of just driver which i like. but that means every time i need both doors unlocked my windows will roll down.

I guess it seems as though you can program it a couple different ways thought so maybe 3 clicks will do the windows down and you can keep two clicks just opening the doors.

another mod im looking into is the lame beep the 09's have when locking/unlocking I don't mind the tone/volume its just the fact that every other toyota model has the exact same one and i hear it all the time in parking lots.

my grammer is A+ i know..

monies

Reaction score
on amazon its about 80 buck for the 3 controllers :rockon:also you can use this with aftermarket alarms if u upgrade later:top:

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
SSSXR said:
this is sick man props for doing it. i know how much time doing write ups like this takes especially programming those modules. mucho respect.

I'm going to do these mods for sure. the only thing that bugs me is if i get a second module for the windows open on unlock. because right now hitting unlock twice opens both doors open instead of just driver which i like. but that means every time i need both doors unlocked my windows will roll down.

I guess it seems as though you can program it a couple different ways thought so maybe 3 clicks will do the windows down and you can keep two clicks just opening the doors.

another mod im looking into is the lame beep the 09's have when locking/unlocking I don't mind the tone/volume its just the fact that every other toyota model has the exact same one and i hear it all the time in parking lots.

my grammer is A+ i know..

The TR7 can be programmed for so many different things besides what I used it for....alpine video bypass, linear actuators, steering wheel interface etc.

And yes you can program it to roll the windows down on three clicks which is what I plan to do. It takes less than two minutes to program the TR7.

And yes they do work with alarms but I think you only need the 530T to operate the windows from an alarm key fob.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Someone else needs to do this so I can feel like I contributed something lol

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I wanted to add that if any of you actually uses the key to unlock the door instead of the key fob it will also roll the windows up if you lock the doors twice (with the TR7 installed) and if your inside and press the lock switch twice from the driver AND passenger door.

And if you set the resistance to low then the windows will stop going up if something blocks them...but will manually have to be rolled back down.

brownbrown

Reaction score
If the TR7 or 530T go bad, will the switch in the doors still work to roll windows?

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
brownbrown said:
If the TR7 or 530T go bad, will the switch in the doors still work to roll windows?

I doubt it since the wires for the windows are cut and spliced into the 530T. If a tr7 goes bad you can still use the switch but you won't have the key fob window option anymore.

You can always use some male/female connectors which will make it completely reversible FASTER but this mod is reservable anyway just connect the four window wires back together.

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Write up updated with unlock tr7 for key fob auto down from outside of vehicle

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Did anyone else try this besides me?

Not yet, but its a def. requirement. I came from a celica that had this function...loved it. I think this will be done after I get back to florida (couple of weeks).

Thanks for the awesome writeup, because i was really disapointed at the lack of this functionality when I got in my new truck :p

SDXR619

Reaction score
I really want to but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I wish you lived near me babyboi =D Then you could help..But the write up will def. help a ton

Top Bottom