Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB, open diff....again...

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Bunch of thread jacking happening in this thread here.

BACK TO TOPIC!

I got an e-mail saying the diff had arrived. Does everything look OK to get the drift truck back in action again?

darthyota

Reaction score
Bunch of thread jacking happening in this thread here.

BACK TO TOPIC!

I got an e-mail saying the diff had arrived. Does everything look OK to get the drift truck back in action again?

i thought thread jacking in one of kevins threads was mandatory :eviltongue:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
2012-08-15180725.jpg

This did infact show up at my residence, and it looks to be in great shape....Im hopefully gonna get her welded up today, while im at work. Them after work, begins the tear down...again.

Thanks again for getting this diff sent out to me so fast!!! Your a life saver David!

i thought thread jacking in one of kevins threads was mandatory :eviltongue:

You thought right.....

thread looking for a open diff turned into a discussion on bearings for the NST pullies...:laugh:

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
You individually upgrading yours is still the same as having NST start selling upgraded bearings. I understand your time frame, and where you are coming from.

My point is that if enough people complain or show interest in wanting to pay the extra price for higher quality bearing, from NST, then they should start offering them. That could start with your email my friend. Despite the fact that you are getting your own replacements.

Sorry for the late reply Mark. I was out working and didn't bring the computer along.

Anyways for an update. I email Mike at NST on Monday and he still hasn't gotten back to me on the specifications on the grooved idler pulley. I will try and give him a phone call right now.

for both bearings? Same 6203?

There are 2 different sized bearings.

Most likely the bearing is a standard 6203.

You should be able to read that on the face of the oil seal.

From there you can choose one with a higher speed rating and also move to more exotic materials and greases. Bearings are rated for speed, load and duration. Look over the specs and see what specification will fit your needs and choose that one to replace it with.

You can get basic bearings from NAPA and you can order the more exotic ones online.

G

I can't fit underneath my truck since the drop so I will phone Mike and see if he can confirm your hunch.

Thanks for the input G. :top:

I phoned NST and they have no clue what the bearing specifications are. He said he would try and find out the specifications and then email them to me this weekend. Some how I have a feeling that it might be longer than this weekend though.

Does anyone have a NST kit not installed? Wouldn't it say the specs on the actual bearing?

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Most likely the bearing is a standard 6203.

You should be able to read that on the face of the oil seal.

From there you can choose one with a higher speed rating and also move to more exotic materials and greases. Bearings are rated for speed, load and duration. Look over the specs and see what specification will fit your needs and choose that one to replace it with.

You can get basic bearings from NAPA and you can order the more exotic ones online.

G

Hey G,

Do you know if the OEM bearing would be a 6203? I looked on the bearing itself but it had a ton of numbers on it and it didn't seem to have 6203 on it.

Also could it be the clutch fan? When the fan was off the screeching sound completely died off and I needed to use a stethoscope to listen to the bearings.

Top Bottom