Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WTB, open diff....again...

darthyota

Reaction score
ir will mean having to pull your third again though so maybe wait till your putting in your new new to you third to do that?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know Marlin Crawler has made quite a few custom items for Tacomas, that then became on the shelf parts.

Definitely worthy of asking them about a mini or full spool. Asking doesn't hurt.

Besides the welded diff, I agree with Gadget, IF, you wanted a fully locked locker that is manually engaged. ARB for certain. Still seems a bit out of realm though, as far as price point, time frame, and what not. Unless you talk to ARB and tell them what you plan to do with it. Sport their stickers, and get a discount on their locker for "testing". ;)

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
XRU store actually, but same difference.

Man's on top of his game I see. :top:

Shit, if the diff get here Wednesday, then I can do the uninstall/weldjob Thursday/, and get the 3rd member put together Friday while im at work and get her running by Friday night....if all goes according to plan.:top:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Man's on top of his game I see. :top:

Shit, if the diff get here Wednesday, then I can do the uninstall/weldjob Thursday/, and get the 3rd member put together Friday while im at work and get her running by Friday night....if all goes according to plan.:top:

I see a caffeine binge in your near future haha. Glad to hear everything is going good.

On another note, I email Mike at NST. I asked him about the specifications on the bearing and he replied that he would "rebuild" the bearing for free. No thanks. I emailed him back that I just wanted the specifications so I could order in my own bearing. I'll let you know the specifications as soon as I know.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I see a caffeine binge in your near future haha. Glad to hear everything is going good.

On another note, I email Mike at NST. I asked him about the specifications on the bearing and he replied that he would "rebuild" the bearing for free. No thanks. I emailed him back that I just wanted the specifications so I could order in my own bearing. I'll let you know the specifications as soon as I know.

Yessir. There will be lots of caffeine this week. :rockon:

Tell him the drift truck is needing the specs too on it. I need bearings that aren't going to fail every 15k miles or so....:laugh:

Plus, at my work I can pull the belt, swap the bearings and have her running perfect In 2hours tops. We have a hydraulic press...compared to like a week or so down time waiting for him to put the same shit bearings back in...well, a week at only 7psi vs 9, plus having to swap all the damn pullies and shit out, twice..no thank you.:rolleyez:.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Yessir. There will be lots of caffeine this week. :rockon:

Tell him the drift truck is needing the specs too on it. I need bearings that aren't going to fail every 15k miles or so....:laugh:

Plus, at my work I can pull the belt, swap the bearings and have her running perfect In 2hours tops. We have a hydraulic press...compared to like a week or so down time waiting for him to put the same shit bearings back in...well, a week at only 7psi vs 9, plus having to swap all the damn pullies and shit out, twice..no thank you.:rolleyez:.

15K miles??? Sh!t... I didn't get 150 miles out of mine before they were squealing and shot. The link I gave you earlier is for the smooth smallest pulley and I will give you the specs of the other bearing as soon as I know.

And 2 hrs max? Knowing your working speed my estimate is under 45 minutes... :top:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Pressing bearings out takes time. I don't wanna rush and damage a bearing. 25ton press will fawk up a small bearing awfully quick....

darthyota

Reaction score
A 25 ton press will **** lots of shit up fast big or small

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember long ago, when Blastap was the first to encounter the bearing issue. I believe it would be in good faith for NST to offer upgraded bearings. Since you guys are already emailing NST, you might as well ask that question.

If they get enough interest, I am sure that a change can be made.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I remember long ago, when Blastap was the first to encounter the bearing issue. I believe it would be in good faith for NST to offer upgraded bearings. Since you guys are already emailing NST, you might as well ask that question.

If they get enough interest, I am sure that a change can be made.

Mike wanted me to send in my old bearing and then he would send me a new one. University starts in a couple of weeks and I need my truck by then. That is why I am not interested in having a the bearing upgraded. I would rather have a nice ceramic one that I know will last a long time.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
You never realize how nice computers are until you don't have one, graphics car crapped out....composing emails is fun, as randomly my phone shuts off and erases the entire message....

Hopefully diff shows up today....

Gadget

Reaction score
Most likely the bearing is a standard 6203.

You should be able to read that on the face of the oil seal.

From there you can choose one with a higher speed rating and also move to more exotic materials and greases. Bearings are rated for speed, load and duration. Look over the specs and see what specification will fit your needs and choose that one to replace it with.

You can get basic bearings from NAPA and you can order the more exotic ones online.

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike wanted me to send in my old bearing and then he would send me a new one. University starts in a couple of weeks and I need my truck by then. That is why I am not interested in having a the bearing upgraded. I would rather have a nice ceramic one that I know will last a long time.

You individually upgrading yours is still the same as having NST start selling upgraded bearings. I understand your time frame, and where you are coming from.

My point is that if enough people complain or show interest in wanting to pay the extra price for higher quality bearing, from NST, then they should start offering them. That could start with your email my friend. Despite the fact that you are getting your own replacements.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Most likely the bearing is a standard 6203.

You should be able to read that on the face of the oil seal.

From there you can choose one with a higher speed rating and also move to more exotic materials and greases. Bearings are rated for speed, load and duration. Look over the specs and see what specification will fit your needs and choose that one to replace it with.

You can get basic bearings from NAPA and you can order the more exotic ones online.

G

for both bearings? Same 6203?

Gadget

Reaction score
I do not know.

Look at them and get the part number off of them. I will bet it is just a standard 6203 bearing.

G

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Sorry, I miss typed That. what I meant to say was is 6203 model number bearing one specific od/wt/Id, or it comes in specific demensions?

Gadget

Reaction score
All 6203 bearing are the same dimensions. There are suffixes that discribe the different bearings, speed ranges, seal types, and so on.

G

Top Bottom