Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Fest West Update

Now that I know the approx. cost, I...

• plan on attending for sure.

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • am still unsure.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • can't make it (cost or previous plans).

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucke

Reaction score
For those that are new, here are the details for the event. :top: --> http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=7009

Here’s some of the info that you've all been waiting for. Before we can reserve the rooms, we need to have a better idea of how many people will be going now that we have the approximate prices for things worked out.

It’s looking like the price of the rooms will be between $55 and $65 per night (depending on how many rooms actually get booked, and obviously the more rooms, the cheaper they are) and the X-Fest West tickets will be $50. The price of the ticket will include entry to the event, a catered dinner on Saturday evening, an entry fee for the raffle (one large prize, two smaller prizes), and X-Fest West T-Shirt and an XRU window sticker. Because of the price of the rooms, we would encourage people to share rooms, not only to make things a bit less expensive, but also for the camaraderie. Single rooms will be available if you so choose as well.

While we were out there we were able to talk to some of the locals, and unfortunately, it looks like there isn’t too much to do besides water sports and going to the beach. With that said, we encourage anyone that has any form of personal watercraft to bring them if they so choose. I would also assume that a lot of people will just hang out at the beach, which will be walking distance from the hotel, and have a football, baseball/glove(s), and/or Frisbee to toss around while its ~100*.

We also had a chance to talk to the former head of security at this hotel. And he informed us that they will block off a section of their lot just for our group. They have night security who walks the perimeter from 9pm to 6am.

For the over 21 crowd, there is a fantastic brewery just down the street from the hotel that has some of the best beer that I’ve ever had and even sells their beer in gallon or half gallon jugs. Those of you who know what happened last year at X-Fest East know that most of the time will be spent just hanging out by the trucks, so I would assume that it would be pretty similar out here this time around.

We know that we can’t quite satisfy everyone, but we are hoping that just being together as a group would be enough fun to make up for the lack of activities.

Altogether the cost should be no more than $120 (sharing a room), not including the price of gas to get to the event. Also keep in mind that the hotel will have to be booked by you and paid for separately from the tickets which will be going on sale soon. Please be realistic if you are planning on coming now that you know the price, and please specify if you will want to have a room all to yourself (so we can better judge how many rooms to book).

UPDATE 1
We will offer a guest ticket for the guests, so you aren't forced to pay the full entry fee for the event. Ticket price is TBD at this time. But it will be cheaper, then the normal ticket.

When the members reserve their room they will reserve what they need. If they have a guest then they'll book a room with 2 beds. If someone doesn't have anybody to room with but wants too, it is their responsibility to find that roomie. A member may post a thread if they are looking for a buddy to bunk up with to help people get the two beds. Then the two of them can work out the details between them.

Remember, we aren't reserving or booking any rooms. That is the responsibility of the member. We will hold enough rooms to accommodate everybody. When we hold the rooms, we will hold a few more extra then what is likely to be used. Rather have a few extra then not enough.

UPDATE 2
For those who don't understand what X-Fest is all about check out these pics and videos from last year's X-Fest ATL Meet.

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4098
http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ead.php?t=4028

UPDATE 3
The tickets buy you a few things.

1. An X-Fest T-Shirt ($15 value)
2. An XRU Window Sticker ($6.00 value)
3. Entry into three raffles (TTC Traction Bars, Scangauge II, Nokya Yellow Fogs)
4. Food at a catered meal Saturday night ($15-$20 value)
5. Access to the group rate at the hotel

As you can see... the price adds up quickly. So of your ticket price, roughly $10 is going toward the raffle items.

Can you attend X-Fest without a ticket? Sure. But we will be checking tickets at dinner against a list of ticket purchases from the XRU store. You also will not receive any of the discounted goodies or the potential to win the killer prizes. We try our best make the benefits of purchasing the tickets desirable while also keeping the price as affordable as possible.

UPDATE 4
You will want to call and make a reservation prior. The rooms will be released 48 hours before the event or we have to pay for all of them. :thumpdown:
If you have purchased your ticket, please PM Klint with your real name (and order number if you have it) and he'll send over the hotel info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninja17

Reaction score
ill be there and i might get a room for myself, depends wether the gf decides to go.

lenie03

Reaction score
I'm still going, but i'll be sharing a room.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Make sure to post up whether or not you'll be sharing a room so we know how many doubles and singles to get. :top:

lenie03

Reaction score
Make sure to post up whether or not you'll be sharing a room so we know how many doubles and singles to get. :top:

question to that,

how are you going to count the double rooms? cause how do you know if someone who posted that they're sharing a room isn't counted twice.

example #1: "bob" posts up he'll be sharing a room and then "fred" posts up he'll be sharing a room. But bob and fred didn't state that they wanted to share a room together.

example #2: "Sam" posts he wants to share a room but it's with a friend he brings with him, but he didn't state that.

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
question to that,

how are you going to count the double rooms? cause how do you know if someone who posted that they're sharing a room isn't counted twice.

example #1: "bob" posts up he'll be sharing a room and then "fred" posts up he'll be sharing a room. But bob and fred didn't state that they wanted to share a room together.

example #2: "Sam" posts he wants to share a room but it's with a friend he brings with him, but he didn't state that.

When the members reserve their room they will reserve what they need. If they have a guest then they'll book a room with 2 beds. If someone doesn't have anybody to room with but wants too, it is their responsibility to find that roomie. A member may post a thread if they are looking for a buddy to bunk up with to help people get the two beds. Then the two of them can work out the details between them.

Remember, we aren't reserving or booking any rooms. That is the responsibility of the member. We will hold enough rooms to accommodate everybody. When we hold the rooms, we will hold a few more extra then what is likely to be used. Rather have a few extra then not enough. :top:

Last edited:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
If I bring my wife do I need to purchase 2 $50 tickets or just one?

XrunnIT

Reaction score
We will setup a guest event ticket that will be cheaper. It will cover the catered dinner as well as the entry fee. The raffle will be omitted as well as the XRU goodie bag.

UPDATE 1 ADDED

06XR-SW

Reaction score
okay cool i down i will be sharing room too!!! let usknow! :top: yeah which hotel is it? :smile:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
okay cool i down i will be sharing room too!!! let usknow! :top: yeah which hotel is it? :smile:

The hotel information won't be released. You'll get the information for booking rooms when you purchase an XRU Event ticket. Tickets will go on sale soon!!

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hotel info will be disclosed with the purchase of a ticket. same thing they did for X-Fest East

After you purchase your ticket through the XRU store, you will need to contact one of the XRU staff (myself, Stevenredx, Lucke or XrunnIT) to get the hotel information. We will deliver, via PM, the hotel, address, telephone number and group confirmation code.

Im also going.. when can we get tickets for this ? I'll be sharing a room

Tickets will likely go on sale this weekend or next week. :top:

XDsm

Reaction score
Sorry guys as I said in the other thread I can't make this. I am going to England the weekend after so time and expense wise it won't be feasible for me. Looks like it's going to be a blast. Have fun and be safe. Hopefully I can make next years event:rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom