Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

X-Runner production suspended.......

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Just got an email from Toyota.....

The production of Model #7153 (aka X-Runner) will be suspended until Spring 2009....Updates to follow...:dontknow:

Yes, I work for Toyota, Yes I'm good friends with our DM, RM, and GM....but even they dont know whats going on with the production of the X-Runner....

All I know as of right now is that the production of the X-Runner is suspended for the next 6 months....:hmmmm2:

Take this info as you will, I just figured I would share with my fellow XRU brothers:top:

Incase your wondering, all the other Tacoma models are all still being produced as they have been......the X is the only one in the "Hot Seat" right now....

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
Im Really Rare Now!!!!!!!! Weeeepeeeeee!

RR FTW

IM ALREADY RARE...

we in time out!

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
:argh::motz::argh::motz::argh::motz:......is all I have to say to that!

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
Im Really Rare Now!!!!!!!! Weeeepeeeeee!

RR FTW

IM ALREADY RARE...

we in time out!

actually those BRM boys are the most rare:frown: but we are the coolest:biggrin:.

damn i have mixed emotions about this news

trd_sport

Reaction score
I bet it has more to do with the economy than anything else. Maybe they will have a new trans and come with the supercharger :)

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I bet it has more to do with the economy than anything else. Maybe they will have a new trans and come with the supercharger :)

hopefully they'll recall the Aisin RA60 finally:laugh:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score

Then ill trade my X for a new one...v8 s/c

sike...i cant leave my baby...

Venomous_X

Reaction score
well it was a good run, if we do perhaps get discontinued, then well :thumpdown: guess it may get a lil tougher for aftermarket parts :laugh: I have mixed news about this as well :frown:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
hahaha.....dont get your panties in a bunch just yet.....

All I'm saying is that for the next 6 months.....Toyota WILL NOT produce any X-Runner's......We wont even get our 5th XR for the year......all we have is just ONE X for the next half of year:frown:.........

Come Spring of 2009, Toyota will then decide wether of not to keep production on the truck.......I HONESTLY DO NOT know what they are going to do...(so PLEASE, keep the PM's to a minimum).....

I'm NOT saying they are going to discontinue it.....all I know as of right now, they are just suspending production of it....

As soon as I receive more info....TRUST ME, XRU will be the FIRST to know:top:

BlackCat

Reaction score
Typically, models that get suspended from production are either due to poor sales (i.e. Acura CL), lack of parts from suppliers or due to regulatory issues (compliance issues with new emissions regs such as the previous Cobalt supercharged SS, not the new turbo SS). I doubt it's the last since all our stuff is the same as the other Tacos. We do have a fair number of specialized items on our trucks, so #2 is possible, but I'm guessing #1 is probably the best bet.... unfortunately. Yeah, the X is a hot truck, but sport trucks aren't the rage and don't have much market appeal. And chances are that if Toyota filled the build slot for any X on the production line with a Pre-Runner, they'd probably make more money off of it.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
hopefully they'll recall the Aisin RA60 finally:laugh:

If you are right, I would be very grateful and very amused. That is what happened to the Acura CL and 3.2TLs though. That auto trans sucked!

Oh well, glad I got my X-Runner while they were still around. If I had the money, I'd go buy a stock one and store it for 50 years so I could retire off of the money I sell it for :laugh:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I just hope they don't make a change that is goin to hurt the Xs image!

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
we had a town hall meeting at work yesterday ( I work for a large OEM automotive supplier) and NAFTA vehicle production is down nearly 40% from two years ago.

they produced 17 million vehicles in 2005-2006 and they are budgeting 10 -11 million for next year.

the auto industry is a mess right now:thumpdown:

I wouldnt be surprised if they stop limited production vehicles in hopes of using the resources for more high volume platforms.

i also wouldnt be surprised if they shut the plant down for a few months to save cash.

If you are a new engineer and thinking about a job in the automotive industry (OEM), think long and hard about it......

I love what I do ( performance fuel injection), but this is a doom and gloom industry right now

Justin

2006nightrider

Reaction score
the auto industry is a mess right now:thumpdown:

I wouldnt be surprised if they stop limited production vehicles in hopes of using the resources for more high volume platforms.

i also wouldnt be surprised if they shut the plant down for a few months to save cash.

True Story:top::laugh:

Anyways, we are hurting compared to last year......

And just for you XRU fellas......Toyota is also producing (as of this month of November) a color called "YELLOW JOLT" (Color Code: 05A6)......It's going on the limited production Yaris hatchback.......

You never know...maybe Toyota will put this on the X.....:aetsch:.....:rolleyez:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
(And FYI - my girl is bitchin that I'm sharing TO MUCH INFO with you guys)

Thats ok, I know what the Big 3 are doing before the media does through work...:smile:

freedom of speech buddy :top:

Tell her matt said so....

Justin

Top Bottom