Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS XRU: State of the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanes56

Reaction score
I personally love the way the site is, and yes I have seen it get a little more "open" if you can use that as a accurate word. Here is my point with that said, people have opinions and people love to state them, I think that is fine. Keeping that in mind there is a great feature called PM's!!! If there is something that someone adamantly disagrees or has a wild hair up there buts about take it to PM, you would'nt yell at your wife and kids in public so why would you yell at your brothers in a "public" forum. You have to remember that new people come on to this site expecting a open relaxed forum then find a thread of hate post (in all manner of the word) they will never come back. XR-U is about the trucks first and formost, then the people and the relationships. So if there is a questions about the trucks then great that is what a auto forum is for, but we need to keep the people in mind as well. Bandwidth bravory is an amazing thing.

One word sums it up RESPECT and respect is not a one way street if a post is deleted please tell the person who posted it why it was deleted (I do this), and if a member is rubbing you the wrong way PM them (I do this as well).

Treat others as you would like to be treated not as they are treating you.

as I have said many times before Keep up the Great work XRU owner admins and support you got me hooked.

WCD

Reaction score
The "street stories" section should be eliminated per XRU rules. All that section does is promote illegal activity. I personally don't care, but if the rules are to be followed to the letter, then that section needs to go, or the rules need to be altered.

Last edited:

Vince77

Reaction score
I was able to read the thread just before it got shut down, and I agree that thread got a little to heated, off topic and out of hand, but I don't think, or haven't noticed things getting anywhere close to some other forums. But I also understand the need to take care of these issues before this great forum gets a bad vibe, and we lose some good members.

I'm sure this could all be worked out, and we can all be a happy family agian. :top: I know there's enough people on here that have enough respect for this forum and others members that we can keep from turning to a "any other forum".

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Do what you've got to do Klint. I stand behind you 100%. I love this place and want to keep it that way. :top:
I'm with Matt on this one.
Do what you need to do to keep this site the way you intended it to be.
If people want to act like the members of other websites, then they can go there.
If people choose to stay in XR-U, then they should abide by it's rules.
Simple.

Last edited:

eXuser01

Reaction score
K2, I like you and respect you for everything you have done here at XRU. You have a great website and a great group of people here.

BUT....you want my opinion? Its biased. To manythings happen behind the scene and some notice it and some dont. IT has nothing to do with who is better, who makes more power, $ per HP or none of those arguments.

It has to do with almost all my post asking Gadget (the said vendor of my problems) deleting my post in his section, or SOMEHOW all my post toward him disappear. They never get answered. They get deleted like it never happened. I DID NOT try or incite a flame war this morning. The said thread was a
"Questions about TRD Supercharger"
Many people WITH a TRD S/C aiding his question and were helpful. Then, this said vendor came to the thread plugging his merchandise, in the TRD thread, off topic to the OP question...

Now, same situation reversed, if we did this in his section, it magically goes away. People who post and say "hey were did Dak's post go?"..they disappear. I know you guys say "its his section we have no control"...thats not the point. Its a double standard. Im tired of this TRD vs. URD crap that goes on here. If a TRD guy says something about a URD, we are "haters"....if the reverse happens....its okay? It happens all over.

Most of you who don't like me can call me a hater all you want, but i come from a world where where I like things to be fair. People on this site can have an opinion, with the exception of when it comes to Gadget. I understand he is a vendor..I understand he may bring a lot of people to the site and so on and so forth, but that shouldn't mean he is free from answering questions about his products, when the question may make him look bad.

Ive spent over $5,000 with URD, im not a hater. I like his products.

Everyone who has been asking these questions to Gadget has the experience, no one in question has been saying anything nonfactual or something they cant back up. And they disappear.

I should have just kept my mouth shut but you asked.

Like me or hate me...

Ban me or keep me...

If someone could stop the censorship and the hiding...this would have never happened. I dont like my post disappearing all the time whenever i question the "man"

Dont believe me, read the thread that magically disappeared...i didnt flame anyone, i asked simple questions and stated simple facts....and got a magical infraction for it.

Ive said my peace...now i shall go back to being the "hey looks good man" type of guy...being that is all i can really say without stating an opinion.

i have to agree with dak on this one(klint u want proof pm me)

i have stop coming here as much bc of this exact reason there are certian vendors that get treated better than others for example klint said burn outs or any other type of mis conduct on xfest east will result in a ban well some one decided to do doughnuts in a parking lot and then videos where posted but no action was taken if it was me i wouldnt be able to post this right now i have talk to many people from this site and got alot of inforamtion and it is upsetting i really did like this site but after seeing how money pulls the administers one way its not worth coming here id rather read what dallas cowboy has to say

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
ok i've kept my mouth shut alot since being a member here on XRU but i'll go ahead and say a few things but i'm not hating on anyone or any product, vendor etc...

i have stop coming here as much bc of this exact reason there are certian vendors that get treated better than others for example klint said burn outs or any other type of mis conduct on xfest east will result in a ban well some one decided to do doughnuts in a parking lot and then videos where posted but no action was taken if it was me i wouldnt be able to post this right now i have talk to many people from this site and got alot of inforamtion and it is upsetting i really did like this site but after seeing how money pulls the administers one way its not worth coming here id rather read what dallas cowboy has to say

i agree with this completely 100% i wondered about the same thing while at XFE however i'm still on here as much as ever

K2, I like you and respect you for everything you have done here at XRU. You have a great website and a great group of people here.

BUT....you want my opinion? Its biased. To manythings happen behind the scene and some notice it and some dont. IT has nothing to do with who is better, who makes more power, $ per HP or none of those arguments.

It has to do with almost all my post asking Gadget (the said vendor of my problems) deleting my post in his section, or SOMEHOW all my post toward him disappear. They never get answered. They get deleted like it never happened. I DID NOT try or incite a flame war this morning. The said thread was a
Many people WITH a TRD S/C aiding his question and were helpful. Then, this said vendor came to the thread plugging his merchandise, in the TRD thread, off topic to the OP question...

Now, same situation reversed, if we did this in his section, it magically goes away. People who post and say "hey were did Dak's post go?"..they disappear. I know you guys say "its his section we have no control"...thats not the point. Its a double standard. Im tired of this TRD vs. URD crap that goes on here. If a TRD guy says something about a URD, we are "haters"....if the reverse happens....its okay? It happens all over.

Most of you who don't like me can call me a hater all you want, but i come from a world where where I like things to be fair. People on this site can have an opinion, with the exception of when it comes to Gadget. I understand he is a vendor..I understand he may bring a lot of people to the site and so on and so forth, but that shouldn't mean he is free from answering questions about his products, when the question may make him look bad.

Ive spent over $5,000 with URD, im not a hater. I like his products.

Everyone who has been asking these questions to Gadget has the experience, no one in question has been saying anything nonfactual or something they cant back up. And they disappear.

I should have just kept my mouth shut but you asked.

Like me or hate me...

Ban me or keep me...

If someone could stop the censorship and the hiding...this would have never happened. I dont like my post disappearing all the time whenever i question the "man"

Dont believe me, read the thread that magically disappeared...i didnt flame anyone, i asked simple questions and stated simple facts....and got a magical infraction for it.

Ive said my peace...now i shall go back to being the "hey looks good man" type of guy...being that is all i can really say without stating an opinion.

i agree with Brad on this one as well, but it seems quite a few members on here are treated like a "prized bear". now I have the utmost respect for Gadget he is one of the coolest i've had the privildge to meet thanx to XRU but i have noticed even when i first became a member here a year ago (2008 03 25) that if anyone said something negative about any of his products that they we're treated like a red-headed step child for while thereafter.

I personally respect Brad for stating his opinion but i think its wrong that he's been "infracted" for it not being politically correct.

i have stayed on this site because i have met some great people and made some really good friends. i also think that xru is ran very well but dak has a point and needs to be addressed accordingly.

:dito:
I will get another infraction for speaking my mind, so ill keep it shut.
i think we are in a crucial state that a member feels he/she can't make a post or share an opinion about something in fear of being banned or infracted. thats what i'm afraid of most, that activity will go down because people feel they cannot post what they honestly think about a product or an opinion about something in fear of being "infracted"

now as i stated before i'm not bashing, hating or flaming on anyone, any product, vendor etc... i'm just trying to make my opinion known and give some feedback.

Klint i have alot of respect for you and what you do for XRU, i know it aint easy with a family and career. I'm willing to support, respect and abide by any decision and policies that you make cause i know your doing what you think is in the best interest of XRU and its members. but i don't think a "infraction" system is what is needed, instead I think all the current rules, guidelines and policies that are in effect need to be the same for each and every member. No member should be a "prized bear" cause of who they know, what they do or how much $$ they have invested in their truck.

on another note, i also think vendors should be exempt from being TOTM not sure why exactly just something about the vendor/designer of products for our truck never sat well with me.

Last edited:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I actually just stopped moderating a motorcycle site because I got burnt out on the politics. We tried a warning system and everything pretty much jumped the shark from there.

good luck. I'm not on here enough to see what the problems are (except when I'm causing one lol) and have only met a few of the locals. I do like this forum and have found some interesting stuff on here.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Bandwidth bravory is an amazing thing.

Amen to this point right here. I've seen a situation or two get outright disrespectful driven by internet bravado. Of my two major examples, one is banned and the other chose to frequent a different site with an also banned ally.

What it often boils down to is some of you mofos are just too dam emotional. Lighten up, damn. It's a website on the internet. There is no reason for a web browser behind a keyboard on some other part of the interwebs to get your feelings all worked up, lol.

I don't know whether to laugh at or pity the excessive sensitivity. Imagine if Nate got mad everytime somebody questioned his sexuality :laugh:. Ok, j/k.... let me be serious...

I have mixed feelings about the level of censorship. I'm usually disappointed when threads are closed mid-debate. Our PM boxes are of limited size. As an alternative, I have no objection to talking crap in the chat room. That's a suggestion to the mods (and even other members) to redirect disagreements that are headed off course to the chatroom. Those aren't as heavily monitored and they have no effect on potential members. Yet it is still language filtered and members in opposition can feel free to hash out their differences in real-time. To borrow Shane's analogy, it's like pulling someone off to the side so as to not disrupt the topic at hand, yet those involved can join the dialogue and still see what's being said. Those that have nothing to do with it are not affected.

I think it's healthy for members to have disagreements. That way a lot of the BS gets exposed. There are lots of behind the scenes rumors that are shared among members. It has been revealed that misinformation has been spread about numerous products. That type of stuff needs to be aired out and it only will if people are comfortable speaking freely.

Clokwrk

Reaction score
NOT SURE THIS POST WILL EVEN BE READ SO I AM SHOUTING A BIT TO GET ATTENTION (sorry! :D )

I have a few things I want to address, and Im not sure that it will happen here or via PM but I figured I would throw in my 2 cents as requested.

(Dr. Phil Moment)

First of all, many of the members I have met or encountered on here know have an extremely sarcastic personality (working on it) and I feel that sometimes my words are taken the wrong way and it leads threads off in the wrong direction. I think the key to solving these disputes is not to have a moderator step in, but rather the involved parties should share PM's or chat about it to keep things civil. Might sound kind of gay, but it is hard to determine someone's intentions by merely READING what they say.

Also, the few times I have felt badgered it seemed to me that no action was taken. I'm not trying to complain or make a big deal out of it. In all cases I received a PM regarding me defending myself without being notified if the situation had been resolved with the other member.

All in all I love this site as I'm sure almost ALL of the other members do. The above mentioned "problem" is not nearly enough to keep me away. I had a blast at XFW last year and I plan on attending and organizing as many meets as possible as long as this site is in existence. Thanks for listening.

Oh and to add to Dak's post I would have to agree that the personal biased and opinions people have are always a constant cause of bickering. WE HAVE ALL BEEN OFFENDED THE CARDINAL RULE! EVEN ME! Honestly people. If you disagree keep it to yourself. Just state YOUR facts without cutting down other people's statements. Nuff said.

And I agree with Sean! AMEN TO YOU BROTHER!

Last edited:

xXLuckyiAMXx07

Reaction score
Lets do it.... it changed alittle but its not to late to fix it :top: i know i drifted alittle off topics but ill change that.

07SWB

Reaction score
Here we go..

I, as a vendor have noticed quite a few things changed.. Even since becoming a vendor there is a strong hatred for HVM from a group of people and they have had another vendor get the same product just to, for lack of better analogy, ***** on our doorstep.

When it comes down to "the man" i completely agree with Brad. I understand that he has helped a lot of people but the praising that is done is absolutly ridiculous. Any one with a URD truck can say bad things regarding a TRD guy but vise versa, it starts a huge war and all of a sudden that person who has a TRD blower now is seen as a URD basher? I have noticed that the TRD vs. URD battle has always been a tough one but there have been some very valid points within those threads and when in a vendor's forum, if they dont like what was said, they can delete it or edit it.. HVM has has a couple threads that were simple questions that couldnt be sent via PM because of a full inbox. Those threads are the ones that get deleted and handled through PM.

I personally dont have a problem with Gadget.. I've met him a couple times and havnt really spoken with him except when he told me that a piece of our CF stuff was junk.. Have i ever once said a brutally negative comment about a URD product to anyone on this site? No, i have not. Personal preferance is one thing, downright insulting someone's product that you have done nothing to compare to is pathetic. After that incident, the URD sticker that was on my truck was quickly removed because im not going to rep a company that bashes something that is perfectly fine. Call it whatever you'd like, i think its favoritism to a vendor. It was mentioned before about the burnouts at XFE.. When we had XFW, we were specifically told no burnouts or anything in the parking lot, respect the hotel and the property. After that all being said, URD pulls out there tundra and does a burnout(if you can even call it that) right in the middle of the Xrunners. Whats up with that? A single person can do whatever he/she would like but when the group of people would like to do it, its not alright? I would have LOVED to do a giant burnout at XFW but because the rules said dont do it, i refrained and did it when i got off the freeway from the drive home. Just so happens my tires were uber sticky and i roasted the clutch lol. I have personal preferance and have only ever run one URD part on Xrunner (s/s) and it was replaced with the B&M because i felt it was a much better design especially for the amount of material you are getting for the price.

The forum itself has been fine but the praising of members because they are the "in" crowd is absurd. Take a quick glance at the past ROTM trucks.. I will not mention exactly what truck comes to mind when im typing this but the member is not very frequent and i have never seen a helpful post from him.. I thought those were the rules for ROTM.. have to be here a lot and help out.. both of which didnt make any sense, but since he was with the "in" crowd, hes golden.

If you've noticed, we have probably 5 former X owners/traitors (myself included) that are here everyday.. I talk to 'Cheez every day and neither of us own an X anymore.. not to mention, we live on complete opposite sides of the country.

sorry for the long post guys just felt that if we have the oportunity to vent, go ahead and do it.

Spyder327

Reaction score

Dak -

Since i assume i'm the moderator that's had the least contact or issues or whatever you'd like to call it with you, i think it'd be good for me to address this...

I'm confused when you say "that's not the point" to vendor's having control over their own subforums. I understand the concept of what you find to be a "double standard", but the first and foremost fact should be that vendors are given moderation controls over their subforum in their vendor agreements. All posts deleted/modified within those subforums is the work of the vendor.

So, that aside - (for the record, i read through ALL deleted posts/threads) - just because the threads regarding the URD/TRD ridiculous arguments go way offtopic and downhill (and subsequently deleted/locked) does not mean in any way that some vendor is being protected. To the one particular thread in question - it's sad that a newer member can't ask a question about parts without it inevitably turning into an overall unhelpful argument (I'm not saying it's you that's at fault for it).

Also, it's not like it's the first time you or others have taken this similar type of topic and taken it to a totally unnecessary/unhelpful extent. We (staff) can't be on 24/7, so when it's a thread that's going in the same direction 10 others like it have already gone, it seems like the solution has to be to just get rid of that crap.

I personally have nothing more against you than anyone else currently on this site, so i'm hoping that you take this information in a more constructive way.

I'm in full support of being "fair". - So let's take a moment to think about fairness. We're not trying this infraction system as an attempt at being unfair to anyone. In reality this becomes a regulated and hopefully completely non-bias way of rule enforcement.

I can tell you right now that just like Klint stated, the infractions apply to EVERYONE who violates a rule, and i will do that accordingly. So if you get into an ordeal with Gadget or anyone else for that matter where you both for some reason feel the need to violate forum rules rather than take it to PM/chat etc. you will BOTH receive infractions. - Based on that information, it sounds like we're moving to a much more "fair" system. If you want to not receive infractions, take the high road and let the other people get themselves in trouble by not being able to do the same.

On a more separate note - I really don't understand why you refer to it as "magically disappeared". It got deleted; and it's not like anyone is hiding the fact that a staff member felt it necessary to do so. Every thread on that topic keeps ending the same way, so quite frankly i am (and i assume the other staff) are just tired of having to babysit it.

Again, i have nothing against you Dak - but i can't help but feel that you've developed this mindset that we just follow you around on here and are out to get you. It's too bad you couldn't make it to the NC meet so we could've talked.

i was the one that started the thread because i had alot of questions about buying a s/c. many of my questions were answered and then the thread went off topic and "vanished". i was a little upset with that because i was trying to read over what some folks had written. i've only been a member here since september and have gained so much information about my truck that i cant say thank you enough. but honestly klint, do what you have to do to keep this site going. its like my second home.

When this site first started, you would have received all the information available (good or bad) in a constructive manner. The fact that it can't seem to be done this way anymore is the reason for this thread.

I think what a lot of members that are on here that weren't here when it first started may not fully realize why this site has this particular mentality. Many people (like myself) came to here from CustomTacos because we were tired and frustrated of all the flaming/bashing etc. that went on. It became a ton of bickering, and (IMO) not as much about the passion for the trucks and information anymore.

The mentality about this sort of change was extremely strong, hence why this site grew to what it did, and it's why we receive so many PM's from people worried that it's changing from how it was at the start.

I assume your first sentence refers to the deleted posts; so just for the record, klint and ourselves have access to read ALL deleted posts. But again, vendors are currently given the ability to moderate their own forums however they see fit. - Now maybe if there is a ton of interest against this method, something could change.

I don't know enough about the situation to speak in regards to the burnout/XFE rules etc., but i can honestly say when push comes to shove i do not believe Klint is trying to pick a vendor or anyone else over others. If i truly thought he ran things that way - I'd refuse to moderate here.

Klint, unlike a lot of people with "power", has ALWAYS taken the time to ask other people their opinions on this things (a lot of which in the staff forum) because he's not trying to make things run in a way favorable to him. One of the things i've enjoyed most about this site and being a part of it is that Klint will hear your feedback (whether it be via PM or whatever, he's not gonna just single you out as someone he doesn't like and then never listen to what you say).

ok i've kept my mouth shut alot since being a member here on XRU but i'll go ahead and say a few things but i'm not hating on anyone or any product, vendor etc...

i agree with Brad on this one as well, but it seems quite a few members on here are treated like a "prized bear". now I have the utmost respect for Gadget he is one of the coolest i've had the privildge to meet thanx to XRU but i have noticed even when i first became a member here a year ago (2008 03 25) that if anyone said something negative about any of his products that they we're treated like a red-headed step child for while thereafter.

I'm really curious as to what made you come to these exact conclusions. What constitutes being treated as a "prized bear"? If a thread gets deleted for rule violation regarding TRD brake pads, does that mean we're treating that part as a "prized bear"? (i'm not trying to be an ass, i mean that as a real question).

As far as negative URD comments getting people treated badly - in what way to you believe this happens? do you think we as "staff" then treat the person badly? or are you referencing other people disagreeing/supporting URD?

I personally respect Brad for stating his opinion but i think its wrong that he's been "infracted" for it not being politically correct.

I respect him stating his opinion as well. He could have jumped in this thread just yelling about ****, but he didn't. He's trying to get his opinion/point across to other in the right way - and that's what's allowed here.

You don't get infracted for not being politically correct. The rules are in the open, and the infractions are simply computerized warnings to let people know one was broken. Members are given explanations along with the infractions. Does this mean you should be afraid to post? - of course not. Like Klint stated, it's not like if you get an infraction there's some immediate penalty. It's just like if we sent you a PM to let you know you did something "wrong" or violated a rule.

now as i stated before i'm not bashing, hating or flaming on anyone, any product, vendor etc... i'm just trying to make my opinion known and give some feedback.

Absolutely - just like Dak did, you went about it the right way, and that's how it should be.

but i don't think a "infraction" system is what is needed, instead I think all the current rules, guidelines and policies that are in effect need to be the same for each and every member. No member should be a "prized bear" cause of who they know, what they do or how much $$ they have invested in their truck.

Something you have to realize here is the the infraction system does just that. No one is exempt from it - not vendors, long-time members, etc. It will also take constant issues (infractions) for a member to see real consequences. What i think Klint is really attempting here is an organized, non-bias attempt at full enforcement of the rules.

Sorry for the looooooong read. and Dak, sorry for that phone call from the NC meet :biggrin:

Spyder327

Reaction score
Mike, you know i love you:biggrin:

But i feel like i need to address the things you're saying here...

When it comes down to "the man" i completely agree with Brad. I understand that he has helped a lot of people but the praising that is done is absolutly ridiculous. Any one with a URD truck can say bad things regarding a TRD guy but vise versa, it starts a huge war and all of a sudden that person who has a TRD blower now is seen as a URD basher? I have noticed that the TRD vs. URD battle has always been a tough one but there have been some very valid points within those threads and when in a vendor's forum, if they dont like what was said, they can delete it or edit it..

If im getting this right - you're upset that people "over" praise Gadget/URD for the help they receive from them? This idea kind of seems ridiculous to me.

The main idea of this thread is to stop the rule violations, not regulate what people think about each other or vendors.

HVM has has a couple threads that were simple questions that couldnt be sent via PM because of a full inbox. Those threads are the ones that get deleted and handled through PM.

I assume you like this ability, correct? Well Gadget and every other vendor gets those same rights. If they abuse it, well - shame on them, it's probably causing them to lose the customers that see it going on.

Look at Shane for example, he leaves all feedback and invites anyone to say anything about his stuff. Maybe he has to deal with more things, maybe it brings him more customers. If URD or anyone else is ignoring/deleting these concerns, they're digging themselves their own hole by losing customers.

The forum itself has been fine but the praising of members because they are the "in" crowd is absurd. Take a quick glance at the past ROTM trucks.. I will not mention exactly what truck comes to mind when im typing this but the member is not very frequent and i have never seen a helpful post from him.. I thought those were the rules for ROTM.. have to be here a lot and help out.. both of which didnt make any sense, but since he was with the "in" crowd, hes golden.

I'm gonna be honest man, i'm really kind of upset that you honestly feel that this is how it is. Each one of us (staff) nominates people based on feedback we get from other people, and our own thoughts. We collectively vote from their on the winners.

It's not about being "in". Have you ever PMed another moderator to nominate someone as TROTM? I haven't heard of one from you. If anyone else feels like this is really the case, PM us the ones you want to see. If it's only us (staff) nominating people we think of, then of course it's more likely it's someone we know more of on here or whatever.

We don't get to read every thread, get to see every time someone is going out of their way to help others. You feel like it should be other TROTM's? tell us who

Look at the current one - "Grumpy". I've never met the guy, or even talked to him really at all, but i've heard from MANY members that he's always helping people work on the trucks and what not - so he got my vote.

If you've noticed, we have probably 5 former X owners/traitors (myself included) that are here everyday.. I talk to 'Cheez every day and neither of us own an X anymore.. not to mention, we live on complete opposite sides of the country.

I wouldn't have it any other way Mike. It says a lot about a forum and it's communities to have members stick around long after their vehicle has gone.

R

racerx

quick ? how does this" promote illegal activity". i see racing as a personal prefrence some do it on the track, on a road course, on the street, and others not at all. also passing somebody while doing over the speed limit is an illegal activity and can be considered racing. i respect your opinion on this but street races can be legal with a permit at a event.(autoX, drift events and so forth)but i can some what see what you mean by promoting racing but like i said above it is a personal choice. the OP should state in his post that he does not promote illegal racing and it is your personal choice to do dive how you want to if his story has anything to do with illegal activity

The "street stories" section should be eliminated per XRU rules. All that section does is promote illegal activity. I personally don't care, but if the rules are to be followed to the letter, then that section needs to go, or the rules need to be altered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spyder327

Reaction score

quick ? how does this" promote illegal activity". i see racing as a personal prefrence some do it on the track, on a road course, on the street, and others not at all. also passing somebody while doing over the speed limit is an illegal activity and can be considered racing. i respect your opinion on this but street races can be legal with a permit at a event.(autoX, drift events and so forth)but i can some what see what you mean by promoting racing but like i said above it is a personal choice. the OP should post that he does not promote illegal racing and it is your personal choice to do dive how you want to

Well, in WCD's defense there is 2 sub-forums. One is "sanctioned events" and the other is "street stories". This would imply that the things regarding a road course or legal racing would not be a part of street stories.

However, the rule states:

"Keep it legal.
Any posts that encourage illegal activity will be removed. The user posting the material in question will be up for review by the XRU staff. Punishment could include posting probation or a permanent ban."

The part of the rule that stand out to me is "encourage illegal activity". IMO, talking about a race you had is not the same as "encouraging" it. To me, encouraging would imply that you want/ask etc. others to street race. I think the rule and sub-forum are both fine. No one is trying to make this some crazy place where you have to check the rule list before posting something, just trying to find ways to better "keep the peace" so to speak.

R

racerx

Well, in WCD's defense there is 2 sub-forums. One is "sanctioned events" and the other is "street stories". This would imply that the things regarding a road course or legal racing would not be a part of street stories.

However, the rule states:

"Keep it legal.
Any posts that encourage illegal activity will be removed. The user posting the material in question will be up for review by the XRU staff. Punishment could include posting probation or a permanent ban."

The part of the rule that stand out to me is "encourage illegal activity". IMO, talking about a race you had is not the same as "encouraging" it. To me, encouraging would imply that you want/ask etc. others to street race. I think the rule and sub-forum are both fine. No one is trying to make this some crazy place where you have to check the rule list before posting something, just trying to find ways to better "keep the peace" so to speak.

i can see how a post would removed if it did encourage a illegal activity witch is why i ?ed his post because if the staff did not want to here about illegal racing they would have not made it part of the forum
on a second when klint first posed this i knew it would ster up some major stuff but better to say what you have to then keep it in and be pissed off about it all the time

toyota06

Reaction score
I can see how the vendors get treated alot better here also. Just because of the $. If your going to put your foot down then you need to do it to everyone not a certain group. not fair at all

Vashx51

Reaction score
I haven't noitced anything of people going back and forth on something. Then again I don't read every one elses posts unless it's about something that I might be intrested in to learn. I usually just read the first post and a few after and then leave my comments if I feel it would be worth while for me to add in. I hope all goes well with the new plan it makes sense to me and I agree with everything. I'm glade that people are looking out for the site. I've never been part of any other forum sites. I can say that I like actually being able to look stuff up and learn with out having to ask people about things. I can just read.

LUGNUT

Reaction score
I joined this site because of the simple fact that everyone gets along and it's a bashing free site.... XRU is a unique website and the goals Klint possesses for the Website, in my opinion, will make it soar once again! Thanks for everything you do guys! :biggrin:

Mrs. Stevenredx

"I Hit Things"
Reaction score
I know I'm just the girlfriend, but I just want to say when Steven first joined the site I hated it (no I wasn't a member yet) he was on it all the time & I couldn't understand why. So one day he said do you want to join & you can play the games. I think he just wanted me to leave him alone & playing games on here would solve the problem. :biggrin: So I said ok, well after a while I was no longer playing games I was viewing threads. I love this site now, I can't get enough of it. I have been to several meets and have meet a lot of great people. I now understand why Steven is on here so much, its because you all are awesome. Thank you Klint, Steven and all the mods for everything. I would not want to be anywhere else but here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom