Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

y-pipes

cwatt

Reaction score
What makes them trash?

I think he was referring to the resonators... it's counter-productive to increase the diam. of the tubing to inc. flow, and then add resonators of that style which do create back-pressure which is the same as trying to push through a smaller diam.

The Vibrant ultra-quiet resonator as suggested, while still being a resonator, has a perforated central tube design with insulation on the outside which -according to Vibrant themselves- has a 2% flow loss. The DT resonators are full resonating chambers which decrease the speed of the exhaust gas and neutralizes the flow patterns (thus eliminating the rasp).

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
I think he was referring to the resonators... it's counter-productive to increase the diam. of the tubing to inc. flow, and then add resonators of that style which do create back-pressure which is the same as trying to push through a smaller diam.

The Vibrant ultra-quiet resonator as suggested, while still being a resonator, has a perforated central tube design with insulation on the outside which -according to Vibrant themselves- has a 2% flow loss. The DT resonators are full resonating chambers which decrease the speed of the exhaust gas and neutralizes the flow patterns (thus eliminating the rasp).

i think he was referring to the dt y-pipe in general. i've heard of people having fitment issues and sounding tinny. and take a look at the stupid bends they put in them.....they look like garbage to me! get the urd y-pipe and don't look back!

Top Bottom