Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yellow Fog Lights?

uh60rotorhead

Reaction score
ive got the same bulbs that x-rizzo has. Heres a link to them http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=10_15&products_id=352

IMG_0513.JPG

I just ordered me some new fogs... can't wait to get back home.

Deviant

Reaction score
I think it's time for some new bulbs, mine don't look yellow. I'm running the stock headlight bulbs. Do you think the headlights would make more contrast with different bulbs? My bulbs are H10's, is there a difference with the 9005's?

9005's are essentially high beam bulbs, hence why they're brighter and are a higher wattage then the H10's

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I think it's time for some new bulbs, mine don't look yellow. I'm running the stock headlight bulbs. Do you think the headlights would make more contrast with different bulbs? My bulbs are H10's, is there a difference with the 9005's?
I have silverstars in the headlights and the 9005 fogs

J

JDUB916

The 9145 is the stock bulb. At one point I had these bulbs in yellow, but I didnt think they were bright enough. After much research Ive found that you can use the 9005/9006 PIAA ION YELLOW bulbs which are rated much higher, the only thing you have to do is swap over the seal from the stock bulbs onto the PIAA. Alot of people also said that other brands such as LUMINICS, etc, at the 9005/9006 rate made the lense distort from heat.

So far Ive had the PIAA fogs with a HID kit for almost 4 months with no issues.

Good luck

07XR808

Reaction score
I'm running the 9005's. Very good light output and similar in brightness to HID's

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I bought some H10 Nokya Hyper Yellows a while back and they would not seem to fit. I could get them into the housing, but they wouldn't turn the rest of the way. Anybody know why?

Deviant

Reaction score
Quality control possibly?

I had 9005's Nokya's in my fogs before I switched over to the HIDs. The lens didn't distort, and I was running them for a good few months. Though I'll admit it did get really hot...

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I bought some H10 Nokya Hyper Yellows a while back and they would not seem to fit. I could get them into the housing, but they wouldn't turn the rest of the way. Anybody know why?
I had the same exact problem, i just got a flash light and looked upclose to see what was stopping it. I don't remember what the problem was but they will fit, you just have to see whats going on.

Joe_XR

Reaction score
I had the same exact problem, i just got a flash light and looked upclose to see what was stopping it. I don't remember what the problem was but they will fit, you just have to see whats going on.

I had same problem, I thought they didn't fit but I got them in there.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score

I had same problem, I thought they didn't fit but I got them in there.
Lol a little more help please?:hmmmm2:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Lol a little more help please?:hmmmm2:
lol idk it was something to do with the slots on the case and those pieces on the bulb that go into the slots lining up right. Wish i could give more info but idk it just worked when it was all lined up

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Yeah I tried dremmeling a few of the pieces on one light and just could not get it to work.:thumpdown:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
It just works if you get it right, it took me like 15 -20 mins for each light. Just keep messing around with it, put the truck up on a jack if you have to.

ramsey422

Reaction score
I'm running the 9005's. Very good light output and similar in brightness to HID's

So i guess i could install a pair of 9005 silverstar ultras and it will be ok? not into the yellow look..

toyoblacky

Reaction score

I went with some JDM yellow fogs.. which have the yellow lenses.. but they really look cool with the BSP

Top Bottom