Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1GR-FE Factory Block - Boost Limits

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys!

As far as engine management goes, I have a Chiptorque Xede wired in, it came with a 7psi tune, I took it to my tuner and he said its extremely safe.
So going from that step onward I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right things before I make an overdrive pulley for the crank.
By all means, please keep the comments coming!
The oiling issue seems to be a common one, I do check mine every week and the level is as stable as a rock. I guess on that point, also, what oil are guys running with success?

Thanks a heap!

Jap

I don't think you will have oil problems. The X-runners have very shallow oil pans and during hard cornering and accel the oil can slosh away from the pickup and starve the engine of oil if its not kept full. I am guessing you have the same oil pan as the 4x4 guys. That has a deeper sump.
As far as pulleys an overdrive pulley for the crank is available from NST. You may want to check that out before making your own. There are some clearance issues with other pulleys when you go bigger at the crank.
Another option is smaller supercharger pulley. Those are available from APR and URD. The APR unit looking completely stock.

Murderface

Reaction score
There's quite a few of us that are running Amsoil full synthetic 0W-30. if u didn't know Amsoil was the first company to make a full synthetic oil. U can also pick up a taller oil filter from them to help catch and store more contaminates. The part # for that filter is EAO34.
Here's a link to their site below. Also for $20 US a year u can become a valued customer and get all the products they sell at wholesale. They also sell Mothers car care products.

http://www.amsoil.com/

Jap

Reaction score
I don't think you will have oil problems. The X-runners have very shallow oil pans and during hard cornering and accel the oil can slosh away from the pickup and starve the engine of oil if its not kept full. I am guessing you have the same oil pan as the 4x4 guys. That has a deeper sump.
As far as pulleys an overdrive pulley for the crank is available from NST. You may want to check that out before making your own. There are some clearance issues with other pulleys when you go bigger at the crank.
Another option is smaller supercharger pulley. Those are available from APR and URD. The APR unit looking completely stock.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this sump of mine holds a shit load, but i'll keep watching it.
I've gone smaller on the blower pulley already, its a factory looking steel unit from Bullet Cars over here.
Its taken it from 5 to 7psi at the manifold so far.
I'll definitely check out the NST crank pulley! Thanks for that mate :top:

ntinhri

Reaction score
I run mobile one. IMO ams oil is too much if your just gonna change your oil every 5,000 miles.

07SWB

Reaction score
You should be running a 5w30 synthetic. You can pick the brand.

Oil passages in new motors can't handle thick oil like an older motor can.

ntinhri

Reaction score
I run 5-30........ No issues. But I do run more than the high dot on the stick.........

Jap

Reaction score
I just checked out the NST site, got a look at the 1GR overdrive kit they do...
Doesnt look too bad, I'm off to the shed to check the big girl out now :)

ntinhri

Reaction score
overdrive is awesome! post up some info on your tuning box..

Gadget

Reaction score
If you buy direct at wholesale prices, it is about as cheap as Mobil 1.

G

Mano

Reaction score
I just checked out the NST site, got a look at the 1GR overdrive kit they do...
Doesnt look too bad, I'm off to the shed to check the big girl out now :)

I have a brand new NST overdrive pulley for sale let me know if you want it .. Aloha ..:top:

Top Bottom