Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2012 Tacoma AFE intake question

x20Runner05

Reaction score
ARe there any modification need to be done to add a AFE Stage 2 Si Intake with the factory air pumps in that area? Anyone have pics that they acheived that?

Miami_X

Reaction score
The air pump has to be relocated. The afe stage II does not come with relocation bracket. The new Volant intake and the new AiRaid intake come with a pump relocation bracket. I bought an airaid intake, relocated the air pump with the supplied bracket and wires, then eventually replaced the airaid intake with an afe.

Gadget

Reaction score

x20Runner05

Reaction score
The air pump has to be relocated. The afe stage II does not come with relocation bracket. The new Volant intake and the new AiRaid intake come with a pump relocation bracket. I bought an airaid intake, relocated the air pump with the supplied bracket and wires, then eventually replaced the airaid intake with an afe.
when you switched it to the AFE did you keep the relocateor bracket needed. What extra wires would you need unless its an extension harness

Gadget

Reaction score
when you switched it to the AFE did you keep the relocateor bracket needed. What extra wires would you need unless its an extension harness

No worries man, URD has the intake in stock that is designed for YOUR truck. Direct bolt in and comes with all the brackets and extension harness you need to do the install.

G

x20Runner05

Reaction score
No worries man, URD has the intake in stock that is designed for YOUR truck. Direct bolt in and comes with all the brackets and extension harness you need to do the install.

G

G, i have a AFE stage 2 intake now, but this is for a buddy that wants to buy it. He has a 2012. I just need the extra pieces to make it work. Does AFE or Volant sell replacement parts individually?

Blasphemous

Reaction score

G

I am definitely going to buy one from you.

I was looking at the volant one for my 2012, but your extension harness keeps me from having to splice into any OE wiring.

Perfect.

:top:

Top Bottom