Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2015 Chevrolet Colorado

shaX 07

Reaction score
chevy-colorado-laas2013-5_edited.png

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/20/2015-chevrolet-colorado-la-2013/

What do you guys think?

"Under the new Colorado's hood sits a standard 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engine making 193 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. Chevy is promising that peak torque in the 2.5 will be available between 2,000 and 6,000 rpm, although that number will likely have nothing on the promised 2.8-liter, turbodiesel four-cylinder promised for 2016. If outright power is your top priority, a 3.6-liter V6, complete with 302 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque, will be an optional extra."

I love the sound of that 302HP V6.... Should make the truck quicker than any stock Tacoma or X-Runner (depending on the weight which is currently unknown).

I think it looks awesome, even though its a Chevy.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Not bad looking but if there is no option for an extreme, not going to be interested in it, for the money, the full size will be better!

shaX 07

Reaction score
Not bad looking but if there is no option for an extreme, not going to be interested in it, for the money, the full size will be better!

Hard to say that when we don't even know the pricing yet :p

They're saying the 4 cylinder will likely start at under $20k.

I bet a crew cab V6 can be had for under $30k. I can't see them pricing these higher than the Tacoma, otherwise they'll have no chance of competing.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
302 hp and 270 tq? Is that a Honda motor? Lol why the tq so low? It's nice but I don't see myself ever switching back. I used to have an s10 xtreme it was the biggest pos I ever had

darthyota

Reaction score
only thing that has my interest peeked is the z71 package with the 2.8 duramax

shaX 07

Reaction score
302 hp and 270 tq? Is that a Honda motor? Lol why the tq so low? It's nice but I don't see myself ever switching back. I used to have an s10 xtreme it was the biggest pos I ever had

Might have something to do with it being a 3.6L? I'm not really sure.

sohc4now

Reaction score
The 2.8 Duramax option isn't really anything new either, except the fact that it's called a Duramax now. It was and still is manufactured by Vm Motori and was previously found in the Jeep Liberty's.

darthyota

Reaction score
The 2.8 Duramax option isn't really anything new either, except the fact that it's called a Duramax now. It was and still is manufactured by Vm Motori and was previously found in the Jeep Liberty's.

really do you have a link to this info?

Gadget

Reaction score
Did you hear if the new truck will be made in China??

G

smftexas86

Reaction score
it looks cool, but has the quality improved over the previous models?

When I was doing research on which truck to buy, the Colorado was the right price range, had the right look and size.

The reviews from edumnds and other review sites were so bad though. Things like cheaply made interior etc.

shaX 07

Reaction score
Had 2011 Colorado was a HUGE piece of junk.

it looks cool, but has the quality improved over the previous models?

When I was doing research on which truck to buy, the Colorado was the right price range, had the right look and size.

The reviews from edumnds and other review sites were so bad though. Things like cheaply made interior etc.

Certainly it's too soon to know the quality difference between this Colorado and the old one. Based on looks alone, this appears to be a MASSIVE improvement. This is also a totally different engine and it really appears to be completely new in every aspect.

Also look at the warranty you get with one of these.... If for some reason the quality is lacking, at least you've got some extra powertrain peace of mind....

"Colorado will include the 5-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Warranty†, 2-year/24,000-mile scheduled maintenance†, and a 3-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty†. All this plus included Roadside Assistance and Courtesy Transportation programs for up to 5 years or 100,000 miles† gives you the Best Pickup Coverage in America."

Edgeman

Reaction score
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/11/2015-chevrolet-colorado-first-look.html
GM may now own the rights to the engine apparently.
The new Jeep Grand Cherokee/Ram 1500 3.0 Ecodiesel is also sourced from Vm Motori.

This is puzzling:
"The biggest powertrain news is that this new midsize will be the first of its class to get a turbo-diesel option: a U.S.-tuned 2.8-liter inline-four-cylinder Duramax GM has been using overseas. The engine was a joint design between GM and VM Motori several years ago but is now completely owned and used by GM in several global platforms. Although the Duramax name was created as a joint venture with Isuzu, the new engine is solely owned by GM, which no longer has a partnership with VM Motori after Fiat finalized its purchase of the diesel engine company last month. "

So GM owns the rights to the engine, but Fiat now owns the company? So where will these engines be made, China?

Top Bottom