Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2jz swap/5.7iforce swap

davisbluex

Reaction score
I found a 96 sc300 with 160k miles on it. The car has been wrecked but it has a 2jzge in it. I'm going to pick it up next weekend for $500.

justin13703

Reaction score
Lol

Look real close. That is no 5.7. It's just the engine cover from his tundra lol

Shit. He got me. Lol

Oddly enough I did actually notice where it still says "LS2" on the throttle body and it didn't even click lol

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Still less than people posting about engine swaps that never end up actually doing it.

I'd say it's pretty even. Almost everytime someone brings up swaps on FB pages and 5.7 tundra motor is suggested over a LS, I can usually get OP and what ever fanboy brought it up as a LS alternative.

Basically I did this to prove a point that most people care more about what powers it, over how it actually runs. Point is, who gives a flying **** what powers it, as long is starts every time you get in it and puts a smile on your face.

And it also proves that I'm not some LS fanboy...most of ya'll who don't have FB don't know I picked up a 5.7 Tundra as a DD and tow pig. :crinklehair:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
I found a 96 sc300 with 160k miles on it. The car has been wrecked but it has a 2jzge in it. I'm going to pick it up next weekend for $500.

I wish you the best of luck, but be prepared to spend lots of money to get that run right and reliably. :top:

davisbluex

Reaction score
I've been doing some research, the ge motor isn't all that bad for boost. It'll be pretty sick to have a 2jz x runner. I found a guy on Craigslist today with an 02 model Tacoma 4 door with a 2jz in it, it's kinda strange people do that swap in an older body Tacoma and not a X.

Top Bottom